Team-BHP - Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/209211-next-gen-mahindra-scorpio-now-revealed-scorpio-n-107.html)

This is a great launch. They are directly attacking Fortuner. I am really feeling proud today of Mahindra's courage to directly take the fight to Fortuner. How I wish Tata had done the same with Safari. Except for the word Daddy, everything is spot on in the presentation. The way they are taking every single parameter and showing how it is better than Fortuner is very impressive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by padmrajravi (Post 5320896)
I am even more hopeful that this can match Fortuner's capability and features. I am expecting 90 percent of Fortuner at 60 percent of the price. This reveal has increased my confidence in Mahindra achieving this.

Quoting myself, I was wishing for 90 percent of Fortuner at 60 % prices, Looks like Mahindra did it at 55 % of the price.

One thing to note is that 19.49L is the price for MT variant. The price for AT and 4WD variants are going to be announced later.

Im surprised they didn't end the presentation with "Test Ride your future Big Daddy in your favorite color".

Went a bit overboard with the Big Daddy nonsense. Looks like they hired one of those men's deoderant company advertising agencies. Who was like Let's "Macho Man Randy Ravage" the hell out of this car.

Infact I thought Mahindra did a great job with the Cheetah ( XUV5OO) and Shark ( Marazzo) marketing campaigns. It conveyed masculinity but not in "rubbing your face in the hairy chest and smell the sweat" type of way.

Scorpion ( as pointed by so many people here) would have seemed like an obvious way to go. That Sting on the side profile looked cool and marketing should have been based around scorpion charachteristics like survives all types terrains etc.

I guess someone from the Marketing had some daddy issues ( Apologies that was such a low hanging fruit).

Just checked the car in person and came back from the dealer's.
I think this will sell like hot cakes. I could not spend a lot of time with the car because of several people wanting to look at the car. Here are a few points that I would like to share:

a) The car is bigger than Scorpio classic
b) The front is imposing. I loved the front look
c) The leather seats are comfortable and plush.
d) Interior space: I felt this has more 3rd row space than the XUV700
e) 18 inchers look great on this car
f) There is room for a tyre upgrade - if you wanted a larger profile for offroad tyres
g) The sunroof is not huge but will do the job
h) The infotainment system looks a tad old fashioned - kinda like the XUV500 - surely not a dealbreaker
i) The cabin is spacious and airy
j) The 2nd row seats are comfortable: almost outta the XUV700
k) I booked the car - expected delivery around Dussehra in October

Here is what it looks like in black. P.S. The person in the picture is not me :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by acquillew (Post 5345791)
k) I booked the car - expected delivery around Dussehra in October

Thanks for the details and the excitement is infectious. Are they accepting the bookings as I am getting conflicting messages?

What variant did you go for?

If you consider OTR prices, you can actually buy a real SUV in less than 50% price of the other SUV's like Fortuner, Alturas, Tiguan, etc. I am just loving it. I am sure lot many people will also like it.

I am not very big fan of many features like cruise control, electric height adjust, memory seats & what not. What I am looking for is good car with good engine, good handling, good looks and necessary features. Z6 version looks real value for money and you can actually get real SUV around 20 L OTR. Hope I am not dreaming.

Wow! i like it, as someone has said - unmistakably Scorpio! Put a wide smile on my face.
The big testament to Scorpio's pull is my wife's enthusiasm about this launch - she is not a petrolhead or a typical car person, not bothered about new vehicle launches, test drives etc - but had asked about Scorpio N's launch multiple times.

But some features i think they missed are

1. Ventilated Seats
2. Auto dimming IVRM
3. I was most sad about the Diesel engine being less powered than Petrol one.

Still i like the car!

Also - IMO RED color suited it the best clap:

Going for a TD at the first possible opportunity

Quote:

Originally Posted by atluri_rkc (Post 5345794)
Thanks for the details and the excitement is infectious. Are they accepting the bookings as I am getting conflicting messages?

What variant did you go for?

I booked Z8L Automatic 4X4. It is an unofficial booking. But I have been promised a quick delivery.

Here are the pictures of the Scorpio-N in the flesh - Link

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338132941.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338136364.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338138691.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338140920.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338143728.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338146000.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338148391.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338154021.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338156344.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338357009.jpg

In Red colour - Link

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338349590.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338352121.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656338354503.jpg

A Few Glaring omissions in the car.

Firstly no Allow wheels on the MT Z8 only steel wheels are available :Frustrati, never heard a company offering alloys only on the AT variant, and the Z8L has different sizes for alloys for manual and ATs.

No wireless charger on the top model manual again.

No Drive modes like Zip Zap and zoom in 4WD versions of the car. So what is the default power settings?

Just like the XUV 700 no 12V outlet in the first and second rows. This makes it damn difficult to use air pumps for the front tyres.

Why does mahindra hate manuals? Not offering AWD with manual on XUV 700 and now cutting down on features with the N in the MT.
Hope like they took feedback and added few features post launch in the XUV 700 they do the same in the Scorpio N manual variant.

This price is really good. I am sure many people waiting for XUV700 would transfer their booking to the ScorpioN.

Smart pricing by Mahindra as expected. Going by the vibes, This is already a smash hit. With fortuner selling around 50L and Ford packing bags, Mahindra surely can become the chart topper.

Wish them all the best and hoping they can meet the demand. Last thing you want is waiting periods over a year and company increasing the price steeply by the time you get the delivery.

Hi, SA sent me OTR pricing and brochure from Z4 to Z8L models, looks like they conveniently skipped the Z2 pricing.Scorpio Big Daddy_CombinedBrochure.pdf

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img20220627wa0005.jpg

The car looks bold and true butch SUV . Great effort by Mahindra again . M&M stock price would 🚀 like it did on the release of XUV 700 :Cheering:

I remember seeing Camera's on side mirrors on the test mule's and there were discussions around Scorpio N having 360 Camera. Looks like they skipped it or will release a more premium version sometime later.