Team-BHP - Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/209211-next-gen-mahindra-scorpio-now-revealed-scorpio-n-103.html)

Hello,

I believe the price will be highly disruptive, maybe 9.99L ex showroom as starting price :)
High hopes or maybe true, only time will tell. Lets hope for the best.

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordrayden (Post 5345293)
The wheel, especially on a big SUV is heavy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSIched'Out (Post 5345288)
Agree with spare wheel mounting on the rear door adds lots of SUV character to a vehicle...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG (Post 5345379)
Two major reasons:...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poitive (Post 5345494)
Adding to the other good reasons already given: ...

Thanks everyone. Makes sense.

My guess for ScorpioN pricing remains unchanged -

11.65 ex-showroom for the base petrol MT trim,

12.15 ex-showroom for the base diesel MT,

19.99 ex-showroom for the top-end diesel AT.

Anything below this could put future of many a vehicles in danger. Not to mention unheard waiting periods, which are still expected to be long, even if pricing is not disruptive.

Such is the fan following of SCORPIO brand.:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PreludeSH (Post 5345461)
I think Scorpio could have moved towards really being a big daddy by extending the body (or even wheelbase) 6 inches and giving it a panoramic roof :)

They have already done that.
I was told that size will be somewhere similar/ comparable to the Fortuner.

Media review underway, shared by BHPian Bunny punia.

Quote:

Launch Day (Monday)
Off-Road Tomorrow (Tuesday)
1500km Road Trip Wednesday :-D
Review by 30th.
#BigDaddyOfSUVs
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-20220627_133920.jpg

Name:  20220627_133917.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  112.6 KB

Few more pictures shared by a friend associated with M&M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSIched'Out (Post 5345288)
Agree with spare wheel mounting on the rear door adds lots of SUV character to a vehicle. However, would be difficult in Scorpio-N and XUV setup as for one, the length is already very long and second, the door now comes with Fibre/Plastic material so it wont be able to take the load of a spare wheel.

And spare wheel on the rear door does not count in sub 4m rule.

Also, the tailgate needs to have high-tensile hinges, which are more expensive and the tailgate needs to be able to take the weight (read= expensive)

dealers planning good events around the launch.
Sale guy confirms vehicle on display at Salarasar Autocraft, Kasaravadavali Thane.
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-img20220627wa0009.jpg

Design looks better than the XUV700 IMHO - more mature yet macho. The front treatment incl. the DRLs looks good. Didnt like the large overdone DRLs of the XUV 700 - that kinda spoils a decent front look.

Interiors look fairly good too - not out of place in an urban SUV too. I expect some cross-shopping between the Scorpio-N and the XUV700 - even in urban areas - especially those looking for more abuse friendly off-roader (not the 4X4 types - but even mild offroading e.g. in the hills, to the farmhouse, navigating potholed or under construction roads etc)

Wishing Mahindra the best for another solid add to their increasingly impressive portfolio !

Looks nice so far. I was not sure about the rear, but by the look of it, its not bad either. Also thanks M&M for not going with the trend of spreaded out model name at rear (Like Gloster).:thumbs up

Pricing will be the key, Expecting a shocker (in a good way) from M&M. "Daddy" looks promising :D

All-new Scorpio-N unveil teaser - Video

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220627162503_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220627162516_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220627162533_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220627162923_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220627162549_twitter.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220627162751_twitter.jpg

Tackling some off-road obstacles - Link

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656328303238.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656328305598.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656328307533.jpg

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-fb_img_1656328309453.jpg

This one looks better than the XUV700 in my opinion. A more matured stance with slightly understated front looks which gives it a bit more gravitas than the XUV700 which, although is great looking car, is screaming for attention.

My guess for the introductory pricing:

Base petrol MT: 11-12L
Top end diesel: 19.99L

I will be more than happy if Mahindra shocks me with an even lower pricing.:Cheering:

Prices will be jacked up very soon (like the XUV) following the initial 50K bookings or so to settle around 14L for the base variant and 22L for the top end. This way base variant will sit comfortably below the lowest 7 seater AX3 variant of the XUV.

The tail lamps have grown on me, however, the tailgate is the only eyesore design point on an otherwise gorgeously mature design. Specially the area/protrusions around the number plate. The only area that looks out of place in this butch looking SUV

The Scorpio N seems really massive.
The roof rails are higher than me when I stand next to it and Im 6 ft 2 inches tall.
And the length is more than a Fortuner I think.
Im at Sireesh Auto with my Dad for the unveiling.
Waiting to see this big monster with the covers off!

Wow!

I was a little bit underwhelmed by some of the earlier teaser images but looking at photos in the flesh of the Scorpio going off-road, I have a feeling that this design will age well - much better than the XUV700. The interior seems pretty nice too, especially the quality of the materials though this opinion might change once I see it in person.

I hope Mahindra exports this as well, the Scorpio is a pretty popular SUV in bush countries like South Africa, Argentina and Australia, especially the pick-up version.