Team-BHP - Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/209211-next-gen-mahindra-scorpio-now-revealed-scorpio-n-101.html)

The design looks like a maturer rendition of the classic. Handsome. And if i may, looks Better than the XUV700.
But like everyone else I am nervous about the backside of the car. Also what doesn't make sense to me is how the boot door opens on vertical hinges. I can see how vertical hinged doors make sense if the third row seats are facing eachother. In which case it makes the entry and exit into the vehicle easier. But on a front facing seat alignment it just feels useless and not worth the inconvenience in tight spaces.

Key takeaway from the video is the Alexa remote engine start feature. I wonder if it works with Google home too, I have my home wired up to Google only.

Bose Pratap decodes what makes the Scorpio-N SUV get the title of Big Daddy of SUVs.

Design story

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220626211149_twitter.jpg

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626210620_Twitter.gif
Views: 862
Size:  3.14 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626211631_Twitter.gif
Views: 721
Size:  1.49 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626210702_Twitter.gif
Views: 636
Size:  2.19 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626210721_Twitter.gif
Views: 1214
Size:  2.84 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626210753_Twitter.gif
Views: 626
Size:  1.61 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626210833_Twitter.gif
Views: 883
Size:  4.16 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626210856_Twitter.gif
Views: 859
Size:  3.83 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626210923_Twitter.gif
Views: 699
Size:  4.73 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626211005_Twitter.gif
Views: 727
Size:  3.81 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626211020_Twitter.gif
Views: 688
Size:  4.80 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626211056_Twitter.gif
Views: 597
Size:  1.36 MB

Name:  SmartSelect_20220626211130_Twitter.gif
Views: 1316
Size:  3.99 MB

Twitter banter between Thar, XUV700 and Scorpio-N

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-smartselect_20220626212812_twitter.jpg

Link

After looking at everything I'm a bit disappointed IMHO, especially given the claim of the big daddy of SUV which will shake the SUV verse. My XUV700 is due next month, was thinking if I should switch to Scorpio N.

But it seems they've goofed up on the practicality aspect of a 7 seater the way they've made the 3rd row. The side opening boot door should have been a top auto opening one given the strong claim of big daddy.

Still keeping fingers crossed on getting positively surprised tomorrow, or will happily take the xuv700 delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkatesh (Post 5345059)
Bose Pratap decodes what makes the Scorpio-N SUV get the title of Big Daddy of SUVs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushgandhi (Post 5345033)

They revealed pretty much everything in this video.

Not a word about safety. Strange, considering the outgoing version scored abysmally on that front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cresterk (Post 5345040)
Key takeaway from the video is the Alexa remote engine start feature. I wonder if it works with Google home too, I have my home wired up to Google only.

It doesn't. Adrenox system is integrated with Alexa, Mahindra is one of the few brands that have Alexa as their default in-car voice control. The same feature is available in XUV700.

Do the 2nd row in bench (7Str) option recline in the new ScorpioN? As they tumble in a 60:40 split, seems like a recline would be present too. No?

I am totally sold clap:. I know devil is in the details, but prima facie looks stunning.
Keenly awaiting booking dates and hoping for a shorter waiting period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naru80 (Post 5345084)
Not a word about safety. Strange, considering the outgoing version scored abysmally on that front.

I believe the focus was only design in that video, 5.30 is the real premiere :)

Cameras
Also I am curious how they will use the images from front and rear cameras, i really hope they provide front parking sensors, such large proportions definitely needs sensors in front for steering this in tight spots without external human supervision.

Design
Frankly I like the subdued styling of ScorpioN over the XUV700, the flared DRL's are a glaring addition to It, here they don't look as horrendous as XUV700 or XUV300.

ECM IRVM
I am still disappointed why Mahindra is omitting auto doing irvm in both cars, they have no idea how much it helps in the night when the glare hits the irvm without ECM. I guess my almost 10 year old i20 has spoiled me.

Infact manufacturers should ECM in both external and internal rear view, this is basic safety, but i see this is often most overlooked, i don't need a silver insert in my cabin, I would take a ECM anyday over it.

Dash Cam as Factory Fitment
Given the amount of fake accidents happening, manufacturers should provide dash cams are factory fitment, that would be a worthy accesorry over those shoddy chrome strips plastered in the name of bumper or door protection

Good morning to all. After all the scoops, anticipation, wows and disappointment, finally the day has come. Expecting the page count to go to 150 by late night ��
Pls share your first impressions, objective or emotional unhindered, it helps others with a divergent view to ensure a right decision is taken.

Bring it on Mahindra !

So excited. If the price is right, I will sell of my Kushaq and purchase top end Petrol Automatic. Always had the desire to own a large vehicle in black color with big road presence. People automatically give way to big beefy vehicles. :)

Like everyone, i am awaiting the price reveal.

I expect a significant amount of cross booking happenning between the XUV7OO and the ScorpioN. At the same point, I do not expect the wait times on the XUV7OO to come down since most people will keep both the bookings alive and see which one they get first.

Which also brings us to the point where we still don't have clarity on when deliveries would start.

There are already a tremendous amount of pseudo bookings for the XUV7OO. I believe the same would happen with the ScorpioN as well leading to similar waiting times within a matter of days (hours?).

Nice video! Somehow I feel Mahindra is overachieving with this car, not that it is a bad thing. I hope this does not take away the entire limelight from the XUV700, which easily is the best car India has seen in the last couple of years.

By the way, Mr Bose jumped camps at the right time! He is being treated like a king and he seems to be soaking it in fully. :Cheering:

I mean look at Mahindra flaunting him and giving him so much importance. Though XUV 700 design was already locked by the time he came in, they gave him the limelight with the logo unveil pretty soon after joining, and are now giving him the entire limelight in one of the first official videos of their next launch. I just wished the last few seconds of the video where we are shown others were named so that we could get to know the entire team.

Cannot wait to see more details today clap:

Black Color Rear without camo. Sure to have divided opinions.
https://youtu.be/WMmIDZjo2MY

A noob question but is there any particular reason brands have started omitting the spare wheel on the rear door setup? It just makes an SUV look more .. SUV IMO. I would attribute 50% of Thars imposing looks to the fact that it has its spare wheel mounted on the rear door. Same with the Ecosport. I remember 1 version where the spare wheel was removed and the car simply lost its charm. I understand that it may eat in the whole 4m rule but Scorpio-N is not a 4m car.