Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2019, 16:34   #61
BHPian

Re: What's your least favourite interior of all time?

The interiors, especially the dashboard designs that are not to my tastes are the ones in the Etios twins (enough has been said about it), the Honda Brio and it's siblings, and the Mahindra KUV100.

The KUV's dash, especially the centre console looks really odd with that weirdly placed gear lever sticking out and that antique looking push-and-pull type hand brake lever.
Old 12th May 2019, 17:18   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
Amongst new cars , my vote goes to the Ertiga. Cheap rotary knobs in a car priced upwards of Rs 8L.
Sorry but even in a highly subjective thread such as this one, it's hard to agree with this as a candidate for "least favorite interior of all time".
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 17:56   #63
BHPian

Current version corolla - most uninspired dashboard design , especially considering the price and that radical exterior
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 03:34   #64
BHPian

Now, I don't know from where ought I begin?
There are so many vehicles with poor interiors in our Indian Auto Market!

Listing the ones I don't like:-
  • Honda Brio along with it's siblings
  • Etios Twins as so many mentioned above
  • I don't know if I missed it out or no one noticed but the Chevrolet Sail Twins too had an absolute hideous interiors especially the central console
  • Punto Pre-facelift, Combination of silver with Orange? Heck No!
  • MS Alto! The rivals offer better interiors!
  • 1st Gen Figo! A lot of people hate the hideous Coral job but has anyone ever seen the one with Blue interior?! That tops my list!
  • The Renault Duster & Terrano! Like seriously? That kind of plastics you get after paying almost Rs. 12 Lakhs!
  • KUV100, I like the vehicle somehow it's just that the gear lever design has spoiled it for me.
  • TUV300!
  • Honda BR-V! There is something seriously wrong with guys working at Honda.
  • Skoda Fabia! That air conditioning knobs were outright ugly and made one feel You're sitting in a 90s vehicle.
  • Volkswagen Bettle, Simply ugly and uninspiring.
  • Volkswagen Jetta! I feel even though the Germans had an extremely good interior quality, there design and use of colors was poor in the older generation vehicles.
  • Pajero Sport, It just does not feel like a 30 Lakh vehicle.
  • Audi A3, Q3, & A6. If I'm spending that kind of money, These three cars will be straight out of my list simply because of the interiors.
  • Chevrolet Cruze! A lot of people loved it's interiors but I feel it just didn't had the right plastics, made it look and feel cheap!
  • XUV500! I haven't seen the interior of the facelift but both the previous two iteration just didn't felt good. Shoddy quality with plenty of panel gaps!
  • Ford Fiesta (New Gen), Oddly, the same interiors looks decent in Ecosport but it looked absolutely horrible with the Red Backlit in the Fiesta.
YashD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 09:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

Not because I am a proud Hyundai owner but I think people in general may agree that 10 years back when car makers be it Indian or International used to dump poorly made interiors to Indian Market especially in entry segments it was Hyundai models that used to stand out. And I believe it is because of the interior standards set forth by Hyundai even in their entry level models like EON the Indian customers have benefited from the challenge put towards other car makers for making a decent interior.

The entry level segment of cars in India is one where buyers need a balanced package as it tends to give us the social symbol of being a "CAR Owner" so more than drivability the looks matter most to first time buyers many of whom may not even know driving to start with at least at the time of buying.

When I looked at the TBHP unveiling event coverage of the Hyundai Venue the same fact was reinstated, how serious Hyundai is about the Indian market and thanks to them for being the torch bearer of the Interiors revolution in Indian market.

One suggestion, can the topic of this thread be best and worst interiors both? It is worthwhile to note that some of the cars which are getting listed here have sold really well so in some way they have attracted the buyer be it in drivability or space or FE or anything else, so a point may be made to recognise that too.

Last edited by haisaikat : 13th May 2019 at 09:24.
haisaikat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 09:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

This definitely needs a poll , since most of the opinions are about the same cars. My vote is for Etios twins too. It cannot get uglier than that. Erstwhile Indica Vista was also a candidate , but at least in the recent launches , Tata seems to have improved their interior designs.

The advent of touch screens is slowly leading to a convergence of interior designs with very little to experiment. In the near future , almost all cars will have a similar design with just a giant touch screen in the middle and air vents around it.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 09:58   #67
BHPian

These may not be the ones with worst interiors but do require honorary mention keeping in mind the competition and the evolution of these products over generations.

1. Alto K10
2. Corolla Altis
3. Wagon R (latest generation)
Attached Thumbnails
What's your least favourite interior of all time?-images-49.jpeg  

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-images-50.jpeg  

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-images-48.jpeg  

Turbokick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 13:10   #68
BHPian

For its price point at the time, and even though things have improved considerably since, the 1st gen Toyota Fortuner interiors were quite a let down:

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-dsc03489.jpg

Ditto for the earlier gen Innova.

These two may well be indestructible, but clearly having a well looking dashboard was not a priority.
avisidhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 13:14   #69
BHPian

For me its Honda Mobilio. What were they thinking!
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 14:25   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
The SX4 also shares a piece of pie for me.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...11_172943a.jpg
Looking at the Mute/Mode button on the steering wheel of SX4, looks like I have been given the same ones for my Ciaz as well!
gopalnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 14:39   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSuz View Post
What about the Nano?
It may look clean but kinda looks weird with everything in the center.
I may be biased but I like it. Considering its price point, it's actually not that bad. It's the Etios, Indica Vista, and such cars that get my blood boiling given the asking price. The gauges are the driver's property.

Similarly, I'd not count the Omni or the Multix. They have the right to look a little strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Datsun Go interiors are big NO NO
Visually, I don't find the Go interiors all that offensive. But, the ergonomics are messed up. Surprising for a Japanese car.
Trivia: it's possible to accidentally disengage the parking brake with your knee if you're preparing to push the clutch pedal.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 13th May 2019 at 14:45.
Old 13th May 2019, 14:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
The KUV's dash, especially the centre console looks really odd with that weirdly placed gear lever sticking out and that antique looking push-and-pull type hand brake lever.
+1

For me its KUV100. In the quest of making this car a six-seater, Mahindra literally messed up the entire dashboard.

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-mahindralaunchesfirstpetrolcarkuv1ooforrs442lakhmotownindiabureau3706.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 16:35   #73
BHPian

My pick has to be Etios/liva. Wonderful car. Great driveability. Fuss free maintenance. A monstrosity of a cabin.[/quote]

I have been driving Etios Limited Edition for over a year now and the initial eye sore of the entire dash in the middle of the car is something I like now. It looks classy during the night But yes, the middle AC vents could have placed appropriately .
Old 13th May 2019, 17:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
+1

For me its KUV100. In the quest of making this car a six-seater, Mahindra literally messed up the entire dashboard.

Attachment 1875751
I think this initiative from Mahindra in making KUV100 NXT a 6 seater by providing bench seat in the front row is actually a boon in the guise of an unorthodox dashboard. To many potential buyers who plan to have a chaeffeur this will be appealing as this would allow accomodating an additional passenger in the car. This may not be convenient for longer drives but for those quick city drives where one needs to carry some additional friends and relatives to an occassion or event this will become very handy.

I am not sure if selling this variant will be allowed for yellow plates, but this can be an attractive proposition to them especially in airport and railway station drops and pick-ups.

Back in those days when I was not matured enough to understand the comfort needs of a driver in the front seat, being seated in the middle of the front row in cars like Ambassador and Premier Padmini was always my preference as to me it gave the best road perspective rather than window sides. Probably I was naive but this new model brings back some of that nostalgia.
Old 14th May 2019, 10:16   #75
Bee
BHPian

My pick would be the legendary Maruti Gypsy. Since the inception till being discontinued, it had the same barely functional dull dash design. Even though Maruti sold it in good numbers (all army, paramilitary and police vehicles till off late were Gypsy) they stuck with the same old dashboard.
Attached Thumbnails
What's your least favourite interior of all time?-img_1544.jpg  

Bee is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks