Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2019, 19:26   #46
BHPian

Re: April 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Is De-growth even a valid word, never came across the business or economic journals for similar cases. Looking up the internet it seems to have a specific political connotation. Any specific reason for using this word instead of the usual antonyms of word growth.
Thilak29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 19:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has issued a warning their dealers about the negatives sales trend continuing and cut production by 10%.

It remains to be seen whether new launches do the trick. Tata is planning around 8 launches by 2020 end. Maruti also has a few up their sleeves. However I don't think it is the lack of new launches that is slowing down the industry. Seems to be more to do with people's reluctance to spend money for whatever reason.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 13th May 2019, 16:39   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Is De-growth even a valid word.
While it isn't validated by Oxford or Webster yet, it is still being used in general parlance to represent 'negative growth'. We Indians coined 'prepone' and it made it to Oxford's list. It's only a matter of time before 'de-growth' makes the cut too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Being a Xylo owner, and after test-driving the Marazzo, I felt Marazzo is a down grade, rather than an upgrade or alternate choice for Xylo owners.
When you say downgrade, in what terms do you think so? Is it the overall driveability/ride quality/FTD factor (if any) or some other non-monetary factors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Also, rumours are that Nexon facelift is also in works.
From what I hear/see, it'd be a BSVI Nexon first up. The facelift might still take a while for realization (at least another 12-18 months).

Last edited by mroutlander : 13th May 2019 at 16:54. Reason: Minor correction
Old 13th May 2019, 19:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Tiguan is never going to achieve the respectable sales figure here but the reason for the above number could be because there were no vehicles available with the dealers and there are no kits at the plant as well. The Tiguan is immensely popular and in huge demand in the west and there is a lot of chatter about the delay in deliveries.
Very true...its flooded in Germany. I couldn't believe my eyes on how often I saw a Tiguan there early this year and felt sad about its condition in India. I am not sure but IMO possibly the pricing has something to do with the poor sales in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The Govt. should in fact discourage the sales of cars and two wheelers in cities and put full thrust on usable and reliable public transport. We simply don't have space for more vehicles in our crowded cities.
Agree 200% on this. I have given up my office parking and walk to office these days (fortunately home is close to office). I am happy to reduce the carbon footprint and feel very content about contributing to the cause of the environment, especially in NCR's hazardous air quality.

Last edited by CarStruck : 13th May 2019 at 19:23.
CarStruck is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks