Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2019, 21:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Next-gen Force Gurkha to be launched in 2020

According to a media report, Force Motors has already started working on the next generation Gurkha. The new model is rumoured to go into production by the end of this year.

Rumour: Next-gen Force Gurkha to be launched in 2020-gurkha.jpg

Reports suggest that the next generation Gurkha could feature a new body shell that is expected to comply with upcoming crash test regulations. It could also get more features than the outgoing model.

The next generation Force Gurkha is expected to be powered by a Mercedes-sourced 2.2-litre diesel engine producing 138 BHP. This BS-VI compliant engine could replace the current 2.5-litre unit. Reports suggest that the new Gurkha could share its underpinnings with the Gurkha Extreme.

The new Force Gurkha is expected to compete with the next generation Mahindra Thar in the Indian market.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 21:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Next-gen Force Gurkha to be launched in 2020

I appreciate the efforts from Force Motors for bring up new model even though the current Gurkha sell in abysmal numbers. This vehicle has a very good potential. Please ensure that the interior is modern and non core off-road users will also buy it.
Superleggera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 22:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The next generation Force Gurkha is expected to be powered by a Mercedes-sourced 2.2-litre diesel engine producing 138 BHP
Wow! Merc sourced! That should be a cracker at this price point!
Old 6th May 2019, 08:35   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi_jeeper View Post
Wow! Merc sourced! That should be a cracker at this price point!

The 2.2 engine is already available now with 140bhp/36kgm in the Gurkha Extreme. No need to wait for the BSVI upgrade.
4x4addict is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 12:55   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
I appreciate the efforts from Force Motors for bring up new model even though the current Gurkha sell in abysmal numbers.
There is a reason why the Gurkha sells in abysmal numbers. It's too expensive (11-16 lakhs OTR), it's crudely built, it's outdated and it has almost zero dealer support. Its quality reminds me of the Sipani Montana.

Quote:
This vehicle has a very good potential. Please ensure that the interior is modern and non core off-road users will also buy it.
I'd say it has as much potential as a CDMA phone does in today's times. And when it comes to non-offroaders, they have far better options to spend their money on. While I'm happy to hear about the next-gen Gurkha, I'm not going to hold my breath for it.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks