Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2021, 21:35   #91
BHPian

Re: No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrrooommm View Post
Hello folks,

My new car will be delivered on 15th April, but my sales guy informed that the HSRP will be ready only by 19th April. Question is, can i take the delivery without the number plate but after completing the registration process and receiving the registration number from RTO. This is at Bangalore

Thanks.
Validity of temporary registration by dealership is 1 month. So no issues in driving car without number plate after delivery
Old 14th April 2021, 15:20   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
Validity of temporary registration by dealership is 1 month. So no issues in driving car without number plate after delivery
Thanks Parekhakshar, But the dealer said they are not issuing the temp registration for the cars getting registered with in the city. So i have asked him to register and once the registration is approved will take the delivery. HSRP may take another 1 or 2 days.
Old 17th July 2021, 08:55   #93

Hi All,

I have a problem related to HRSP and request the fellow BHPians to provide a solution.
I have purchased a Honda Amaze CVT from Cherish Honda, Gurgaon on the 22nd of June, 2021. Since both me and my wife belong to Lucknow and also considering the fact that the vehicles registered in NCR have low resale value we decided to get our vehicle registered in Lucknow.

Now the Story Begins.
Problem 1: No Local Address Proof - Since we have been staying all over India other than Lucknow for the last many years I did not have any address proof of Lucknow so got in tough with an agent in Lucknow through some common friend and got myself an address proof of my inlaws house. Problem one solved.

Problem 2: How to get the vehicle registered- We could not go to Lucknow and spend days to get the vehicle registered. Again got some contacts in RTO completed all the formalities and got the registration Number. One thing I would like to point out is that as compared to metros the system in other cities is not that very robust and getting your work done becomes a challenge if you are not a local resident or a person with connections even if you are willing to spend on brokerage and commission there is sheer lack of professionalism and commitment. Atleast that's what I felt after talking to some of the brokers.

Problem 3: The Issue of HSRP - Here is where I am unable to get a solution - The dealer in Gurgaon says that they cannot issue an HSRP since the vehicle is registered in Uttar Pradesh and HSRP needs to be issued by the RTO whereas the RTO guy says that the HSRP will be issued by the concerned dealer only. Time is running out as the temporary registration is valid only upto 21st july and I have no idea what to do. The icing on the cake is that the HSRP website wherein once could apply for HSRP in Uttar Pradesh has only the Honda Vendor details not showing up and other HSRP for vehicles of other make could be applied on the website.

I am even planning to get a temporary HSRP (without barcode) from amazon to ensure the vehicle remains roadworthy. Need advice on this also whether such number plates are legal?

With all this headache and complicated procedures and bureaucracy I am doubting my decision to go for a Lucknow registration.

Any guidance would be highly valuable.
Old 17th July 2021, 10:37   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinkhanduja View Post
The Issue of HSRP - Here is where I am unable to get a solution - The dealer in Gurgaon says that they cannot issue an HSRP since the vehicle is registered in Uttar Pradesh and HSRP needs to be issued by the RTO
You could have saved all these hassles by buying from Lucknow or if you intend to use locally in Gurgaon, should have registered locally. Resale is always better for a local number in case you wanted to move from here.

Anyways, if you paid RTO taxes in Lucknow, you will be allocated a registration number. RC will most likely come to your registered address by post. Regarding printing of HSRP, this can be done easily by the dealer who sold you the bike in Gurgaon. Different registration does not matter. Visit or meet someone at dealership who knows this thing and handles Vahaan portal internally. Your temporary number won’t be valid after a permanent is issued, until you get HsRP, you can get regular plates with permanent number.
Old 17th July 2021, 10:50   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You could have saved all these hassles by buying from Lucknow or if you intend to use locally in Gurgaon, should have registered locally. Resale is always better for a local number in case you wanted to move from here.

Anyways, if you paid RTO taxes in Lucknow, you will be allocated a registration number. RC will most likely come to your registered address by post. Regarding printing of HSRP, this can be done easily by the dealer who sold you the bike in Gurgaon. Different registration does not matter. Visit or meet someone at dealership who knows this thing and handles Vahaan portal internally. Your temporary number won’t be valid after a permanent is issued, until you get HsRP, you can get regular plates with permanent number.
Thanks Turbanator for the inputs but there are two more concerns

Firstly: The color was not available at Lucknow so we decided to go for purchase at Gurgaon as we didn’t want to wait, moreover the dealer was non commital about when would that color be available next as there were rumours about a facelift of amaze being launced in near future. The rumours are still there but I have learnt to live with them

Secondly: The dealer at Gurgaon has flatly refused to provide the HSRP saying that I need to obtain the same from the RTO where the vehicle has been registered. Pardon my ignorance but is there any rule which I could quote to the dealer to comply because getting HSRP from Lucknow RTO is ruled out as I have witnessed their maximum cooperation and can’t expect any more.
Or if you suggest should I write to the company. I am asking this because I am not sure If company could help get the issue resolved.

Also as a last resort I will go for aftermarket HSRP with no bar codes. Kindly guide me what could be the best course of action.

Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 11:20   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The dealer at Gurgaon has flatly refused to provide the HSRP saying that I need to obtain the same from the RTO where the vehicle has been registered.
Raise a ticket with Honda helpline and try escalating via Vahan portal. Try to speak to someone senior at the dealership. If this dealership also owns any car dealerships, tell them to check with them. It usually happens with cars. I have myself purchased multiple cars from Gurgaon and registered at Chandigarh and other places.
Old 17th July 2021, 11:30   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Raise a ticket with Honda helpline and try escalating via Vahan portal. Try to speak to someone senior at the dealership. If this dealership also owns any car dealerships, tell them to check with them. It usually happens with cars. I have myself purchased multiple cars from Gurgaon and registered at Chandigarh and other places.
Thanks. I have raised a ticket with honda and waiting for their response. Will update you on the developments.
Old 17th July 2021, 12:48   #98
BHPian

After the implementation of HSRP in UP, the responsibility to order and supply/Install HSRP is with the dealer. With respect to your issue, I would suggest to escalate with Honda.

I buy all my vehicles from Delhi and register in Noida. My last purchase RE interceptor in 2020 was through dealer in south delhi and was registered in Noida.

The dealer gave me temp registration, I got hold of an agent who filed the papers in ARTO Noida and the registration number was allotted.

The RE dealer then applied for HSRP which was then updated in the Vahan portal and thereafter RC was printed with all HSRP details. The HSRP (UP 16XX) was installed by RE dealer in Delhi. I don’t see any reason for the Honda dealer to not be able to place an order for HSRP and then update on the vahan website.

AFAIK Gurgaon dealers sell and register vehicles with Noida registration, it can’t be any different for Lucknow.

The other option is to get in touch with Honda dealer in Noida who can book HSRP for you. Also check if there is option to book HSRP online and select dealer in Delhi/UP for installation

In case you need any help, let me know I’ll PM Noida ARTO agent’s number

Quote:
Hi.

Last edited by setuniket : 17th July 2021 at 12:51.
setuniket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 14:10   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
After the implementation of HSRP in UP, the responsibility to order and supply/Install HSRP is with the dealer. With respect to your issue, I would suggest to escalate with Honda.

I buy all my vehicles from Delhi and register in Noida. My last purchase RE interceptor in 2020 was through dealer in south delhi and was registered in Noida.

The dealer gave me temp registration, I got hold of an agent who filed the papers in ARTO Noida and the registration number was allotted.

The RE dealer then applied for HSRP which was then updated in the Vahan portal and thereafter RC was printed with all HSRP details. The HSRP (UP 16XX) was installed by RE dealer in Delhi. I don’t see any reason for the Honda dealer to not be able to place an order for HSRP and then update on the vahan website.

AFAIK Gurgaon dealers sell and register vehicles with Noida registration, it can’t be any different for Lucknow.

The other option is to get in touch with Honda dealer in Noida who can book HSRP for you. Also check if there is option to book HSRP online and select dealer in Delhi/UP for installation

In case you need any help, let me know I’ll PM Noida ARTO agent’s number
Thanks for the info. The dealership is either not aware or is simply not interested. I have raised this issue multiple times but got the same reply from the dealer.

I have now escalated this issue to honda and I am waiting for their official version. I also found it quite strange that the dealer could do it for Noida and not for lucknow as both are part of the same state. May be something to do with NCR : just my guess.

There should be clarity on such subjects as any time the challan drive for HSRP would start in delhi NCR and I would become a victim.

Thanks for you help. I will update the forum once I receive any official reply from honda or the dealer.
Old 17th July 2021, 14:44   #100

UPDATE:
Just received a call from the salesman at Cherish. He asked as to what I have been told by Lucknow RTO. I told him clearly that the responsibility to issue HSRP rests with the dealer irrespective of where the vehicle has been registered.
He then replied that he would get it done from outside as a special case but there would be cost of Rs 1500/-. I agreed but advised him that the HSRP should be original to which he agreed. I understand that its a face saving exercise by the dealer and I don’t want to waste time and energy on small sum of money so I agreed. Though he didn’t mention anything about complaint to Honda but I believe it should have a role otherwise this change of heart wouldn’t have happened.

I am thankful to all the BHPians whose sheer knowledge and conviction in all matters related to automobile enabled me to talk to the other side with confidence who otherwise would have taken me for a ride.
Thanks once again
Old 17th July 2021, 22:53   #101
BHPian

Re: No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new ca

Happy to hear that the issue is resolved. The HSRP should cost around 600-700 plus AFAIK the vendor for Haryana and UP are different, I am assuming that the dealership is getting it done from third party/dealer who can place orders for UP HSRP.

Also make sure you get the colour sticker on the windshield as well.

The RC will have the HSRP number printed, you can cross check and confirm whether genuine HSRP has been procured.

Quote:
UPDATE:
Just received a call from the salesman at Cherish. He asked as to what I have been told by Lucknow RTO. I told him clearly that the responsibility to issue HSRP rests with the dealer irrespective of where the vehicle has been registered.
Thanks once again

Last edited by setuniket : 17th July 2021 at 22:55.
Old 28th July 2021, 18:27   #102
BHPian

Karnataka is introducing HSRPs even for older vehicles registered before the rule kicked-in from 2019. 3 year period allotted for this exercise.

https://www.deccanherald.com/state/t...s-1013669.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks