Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
There have been plenty of warnings and notices since years in newspapers about compulsory use of HSRP so were you expecting a individual call to get them changed ?
If you are mistaking it with the fake IND plates, HSRP is another product !! As of today, nobody knows who makes them in BLR, forget awareness on the original HSRP. I am not fined for not having HSRP but for the wrong font !!!
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:11   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello all,

I have a question. Today I saw brand new Innova Crysta all decked up in Garland and everything but it had a normal looking number plate both at the front and the rear. So if it is compulsory to have an HSRP at the time of leaving the showroom after taking delivery of your vehicle, how come the said Innova was having normal plates?

Or is it possible that the owner of the car removed the HSRP and fitted a normal plate? Then in that case the original HSRP must have broken I.e. irreparable right? So why would he do so? It didn't have a special number also in case you ask. Please clarify my doubts.

Very common in Pune. I have seen many cars without HSRP and as you said rightly with regular plates. nothing fancy. I have also been wondering why
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:17   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I got fined today (Rs.500) for my plates. They say the font is not allowed. By that logic, there should be 10000s of plates to be fined within the city. Saddest part of this corrupted system is, they don't have a warning mode, so we get few days to change the plates. Instead, its instant money filling the bottom-less pit. This is totally unacceptable although we have no choice but cough up the fines!!
Can understand your frustration here. I agree that people with literally intelligible prints on number plates are roaming around without any challenge and you would feel short changed. I guess your above average type motorcycle might have sought the policeman's attention. The pinch feels much more in your case because while the font is different - your number plate is fully readable & by no means is it causing any trouble in identification at all.

I don't think you need an HSRP. The real violation that your plate are doing are the incorrect font. The font size & dimensions for each row are well defined & your plate indeed is not meeting those by the looks of it. The specifications have been made public as a mandate since quite a while. So you having to pay a fine for these plates isn't exactly an example of corrupt system (unless you didn't get a receipt!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
This has always been the case since years that one needs to have the standard font and HSRP plates. Just because others roam freely does not mean your plates become legal. There have been plenty of warnings and notices since years in newspapers about compulsory use of HSRP so were you expecting a individual call to get them changed ?
Your point is correct. I have a separate question - Are HSRP mandatory for 2 wheelers? I have seen them only for new cars since last 2-3 months.

Just stamped plates with IND and some hologram aren't exactly real HSRP. A true HSRP comes with a laser-marked unique identification number under the hologram & these are riveted to the vehicle and not bolted on. So that they break / deform when tried to be replaced for criminal activities. Unless there is a unique number, the plate is just a stamped plate & not HSRP.

At least in Pune even till this morning - I have seen brand new two wheelers with standard sticker / gel type number plates being delivered by showrooms & not HSRP. Only cars are being delivered with official HSRP here.
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:40   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Your point is correct. I have a separate question - Are HSRP mandatory for 2 wheelers? I have seen them only for new cars since last 2-3 months.
Yes, it is mandatory for 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers as per the new rule that came into effect from 1st April 2019. In U.P., there was no HSRP before April, but after that all 2,4 wheelers are getting them from dealer itself. I have even seen E-rickshaw's with HSRP in Lucknow.
Old 13th November 2019, 16:20   #80

How do I get HSRP number plate for 2017 car in Mumbai.
Old 27th November 2019, 21:20   #81
BHPian

Quick question guys. Do Chennai RTOs do the HS Number plate for you or do you have to go get it from some outside agent? My car goes for registration tomorrow in Chenglepet. It's being done via an agent as it was an out of state purchase. He said my registration number will come via SMS by 3pm.
Old 1st December 2019, 07:22   #82
BHPian

All my cars are UP14 Registererd and manufactured prior to April 2019. What are implications ?

Do I need to get the HSRP fitted or is there any clause to allow the existing cars use the dealer provided number plates.

Any inputs where in Ghaziabad or Noida i can get these HSRP plates?
Old 1st December 2019, 12:17   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I have a separate question - Are HSRP mandatory for 2 wheelers? I have seen them only for new cars since last 2-3 months.
When I took the delivery of my bike dealer gave me normal number plate till HSRP number plate got ready. It took almost 15 days for HSRP plate to be manufactured and delivered by vendor to my dealer. The dealer then called me and fixed it to the bike. He then took the photographs of both front and rear number plates and uploaded them on RTO website. After that my smart card RC book generated.

The dealer assured that number plate is tamper proof and self locking nuts will not break easily. But dealer's claim quashed in few days. A taxi hit the bike from rear with little impact and broke the one of the self locking nut. This incident happened in the evening near home so decided fix the plate to next day. It was raining hard in Mumbai and number plate was hanging on one nut bolt. On my way to office this number plate collapsed. When I called the dealer for new HSRP plate the dealer said he has no idea about how to procure new plate from vendor and will get to me once he inquires to the vendor. After reminding him for three times and seeking no response from dealer I installed normal number plate.
sandeepsc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 18:38   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
When I took the delivery of my bike dealer gave me normal number plate till HSRP number plate got ready. It took almost 15 days for HSRP plate to be manufactured and delivered by vendor to my dealer. The dealer then called me and fixed it to the bike. He then took the photographs of both front and rear number plates and uploaded them on RTO website. After that my smart card RC book generated.

The dealer assured that number plate is tamper proof and self locking nuts will not break easily. But dealer's claim quashed in few days. A taxi hit the bike from rear with little impact and broke the one of the self locking nut. This incident happened in the evening near home so decided fix the plate to next day. It was raining hard in Mumbai and number plate was hanging on one nut bolt. On my way to office this number plate collapsed. When I called the dealer for new HSRP plate the dealer said he has no idea about how to procure new plate from vendor and will get to me once he inquires to the vendor. After reminding him for three times and seeking no response from dealer I installed normal number plate.
So it seems to be like that HSRP is another joke. So any thief can easily remove it and fix another. So the whole point of this security plate is lost.

An automobile engineer last month showed me its very easy and it can be easily removed. I never believed it till last month :-(
Old 6th July 2020, 20:26   #85
OmV
BHPian

Hello Folks,
As I am awaiting delivery of my Ntorq Race Edition, I was told by the TVS dealer that there is only a single entity in Mumbai/Thane who is "authorized" to "manufacture" HSRP. I find this ridiculous so thought I would ask the forum if this is true! If yes it would simply be yet another brain-dead decision by the RTO, with questionable logic and obvious ulterior motives.

Well for me, a combination of COVID and the signing officer visiting the Andheri RTO only once a week and the apparent monopoly on HSRP making, the wait continues.
Old 17th July 2020, 21:11   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
Hello Folks,
As I am awaiting delivery of my Ntorq Race Edition, I was told by the TVS dealer that there is only a single entity in Mumbai/Thane who is "authorized" to "manufacture" HSRP. I find this ridiculous so thought I would ask the forum if this is true! If yes it would simply be yet another brain-dead decision by the RTO, with questionable logic and obvious ulterior motives.

Well for me, a combination of COVID and the signing officer visiting the Andheri RTO only once a week and the apparent monopoly on HSRP making, the wait continues.
Well Sadly it is true. In most cities there is only one supplier who is authorised to manufacture the HSRP. Due to the recent Covid scenes and shortage of staff has made the process really long than before
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:26   #87
BHPian

What is the last date for fixing the HSRP number plate for old 2 and 4 wheeler.

My agent in Kanpur mentioned it as 1st December 2020.

Any updates, will be highly appreciated.
Old 20th December 2020, 23:11   #88
BHPian

I purchased my car in New Delhi in April 2016 it came fixedwith registration plates that look exactly like an HSRP when compare to pics detailing the features of an HSRP.
Question: Will I only need to apply for the windshield sticker or do I need to apply for new HSRP's & the windshield sticker?
I haven't been able to get clarity despite lots of googling.
Old 21st December 2020, 00:14   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
I purchased my car in New Delhi in April 2016 it came fixedwith registration plates that look exactly like an HSRP when compare to pics detailing the features of an HSRP.
Question: Will I only need to apply for the windshield sticker or do I need to apply for new HSRP's & the windshield sticker?
I haven't been able to get clarity despite lots of googling.
Sir, if your number plate has the hologram and serial number (like in image below), you can apply only for sticker. Else you need to apply for new HSRP plates and sticker. My friend in Delhi recently applied only for sticker on www.BookMyHSRP.com.

Front and rear number plates have different serial numbers (usually in sequence), both are required to be entered on this website for issue of sticker.

No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)-16014009168931.jpg

Last edited by AutoNoob : 21st December 2020 at 00:20.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 17:04   #90
BHPian

Hello folks,

My new car will be delivered on 15th April, but my sales guy informed that the HSRP will be ready only by 19th April. Question is, can i take the delivery without the number plate but after completing the registration process and receiving the registration number from RTO. This is at Bangalore

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks