Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2019, 19:21   #61
KMT
BHPian

Re: No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)

I just had a friend who got a new Maruti and the dealership fixed someone elses HSRplate to his car. He had to have his bumpers removed and the plate had to be drilled and cut out.
Old 7th July 2019, 13:42   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadrasTurbo View Post
I was told, Tamil Nadu has not yet implemented HSRP plates, and all the plates that we see on the road are fake HSRP plates. I got the information from a very reliable source.
Can confirm that the new cars which were delivered recently in Chennai, have HSRPs installed. I saw a Venue and a Vento with the HSRPs riveted within our community.

No snaps - didn't want to bother anyone with a stranger clicking snaps!
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 14:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Can confirm that the new cars which were delivered recently in Chennai, have HSRPs installed. I saw a Venue and a Vento with the HSRPs riveted within our community.

Yes, I agree. Cars and even motorcycles manufactured after 1 April are being fitted with HSRP Plates in Chennai. They are taking 3 days to one week to allocate the serial numbers and manufacture the plates.

Thanks Gannu, I forgot to update about the same in this thread.
MadrasTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 17:15   #64
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadrasTurbo View Post
Yes, I agree. Cars and even motorcycles manufactured after 1 April are being fitted with HSRP Plates in Chennai. They are taking 3 days to one week to allocate the serial numbers and manufacture the plates.

Thanks Gannu, I forgot to update about the same in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Hello both, Any idea if we can affix HSRP for cars that din't come with one ? If yes, where in Chennai ?

Thanks in advnance !
Old 17th August 2019, 13:37   #65
BHPian

Hello
I have lost my rear HSRP in Delhi. Though i have registered an FIR but i dont know where to get it made again. Does anyone know.

Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 07:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Hello
I have lost my rear HSRP in Delhi. Though i have registered an FIR but i dont know where to get it made again. Does anyone know.

Thanks
I lost my front HSRP on a water logged road during a heavy downpour. Not that I knew it then. I noticed that the next morning and went to the RTA but they and the agency that makes and fits
the HSRP have no clue on how to obtain another. I contacted the district RTA office but they too do not have any answer.

I settled for a fibre number plate.

As of now, there are no guidelines on how to deal with such situations.

HSRP fee is charged at dealership itself in Telangana. The problem lies with the fitment. The agency has no idea when the plate set arrives after registration. While in towns and districts it might not be a problem but in cities it causes a lot of inconvenience to the buyers as they have to make a trip to the RTA not knowing whether it will be fitted or not.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 08:05   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Hello both, Any idea if we can affix HSRP for cars that din't come with one ? If yes, where in Chennai ?

Thanks in advnance !
Quote:
Hello

Thanks
Approach your respective RTOs. There should be a counter of the HSRP supplier. Ask them about the procedure and apply for the plates. My car didn't come with HSRPs when I bought it and I followed the same procedure. The fee (IIRC) was Rs. 520 here at the Barrackpore RTO, WB.
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 14:42   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hello

Thanks
Here you go, though I have not been to the place to get it fixed and using normal number plates without any problem with simple font.

No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)-20190819_144022.jpg
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 15:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

I have a question. Today I saw brand new Innova Crysta all decked up in Garland and everything but it had a normal looking number plate both at the front and the rear. So if it is compulsory to have an HSRP at the time of leaving the showroom after taking delivery of your vehicle, how come the said Innova was having normal plates?

Or is it possible that the owner of the car removed the HSRP and fitted a normal plate? Then in that case the original HSRP must have broken I.e. irreparable right? So why would he do so? It didn't have a special number also in case you ask. Please clarify my doubts.
Old 8th September 2019, 16:22   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello

Thanks
All details here :

http://www.hsrpdelhi.com/status/ContactScreen.aspx
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

I got fined today (Rs.500) for my plates. They say the font is not allowed. By that logic, there should be 10000s of plates to be fined within the city. Saddest part of this corrupted system is, they don't have a warning mode, so we get few days to change the plates. Instead, its instant money filling the bottom-less pit. This is totally unacceptable although we have no choice but cough up the fines!!

Anyone could update where we can get the HSRP plates in Bangalore ?

No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)-hsrp.jpg
My Rs.2500 for this gel plate will go down the drain, add Rs.500 fine paid and the cost of a new HSRP ! No value for money
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:40   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I got fined today (Rs.500) for my plates. They say the font is not allowed.
So you post a photo of the policeman and not of your own plate. Classy.

If you think the font should be allowed, please post a photo of it, partially obscured if you like.

Some people use fancy fonts (calligraphic etc) on their plates; they SHOULD be fined and made to change their plates. A plate is supposed to be readable.
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:53   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
So you post a photo of the policeman and not of your own plate. Classy.
Forget the policeman, thats my plate you see next to him
What India wants to know is "Where can we get HSRP in Bangalore" !!!!
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I got fined today (Rs.500) for my plates. They say the font is not allowed. By that logic, there should be 10000s of plates to be fined within the city. Saddest part of this corrupted system is, they don't have a warning mode, so we get few days to change the plates. Instead, its instant money filling the bottom-less pit. This is totally unacceptable although we have no choice but cough up the fines!!

Anyone could update where we can get the HSRP plates in Bangalore ?

Attachment 1926161
My Rs.2500 for this gel plate will go down the drain, add Rs.500 fine paid and the cost of a new HSRP ! No value for money
This has always been the case since years that one needs to have the standard font and HSRP plates. Just because others roam freely does not mean your plates become legal. There have been plenty of warnings and notices since years in newspapers about compulsory use of HSRP so were you expecting a individual call to get them changed ?
Mr. Nobody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:07   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Forget the policeman, thats my plate you see next to him
Ah ok. While not as bad as calligraphic etc, it is indeed not allowed. Letter strokes are too thin, top row is too small. There is no reason to buy such plates in the first place, much less put a emoji after.

As for HSRP -- it's not yet mandatory for old vehicles, in TN at least, AFAIK in KA either. For new vehicles, it's the dealer's job to get it done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks