Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 10:47   #46
BHPian

Re: No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
Dad and I read about this in the morning. My parents' Kodiaq was to get registered today. Went through without any concern so I don't think registrations are blocked. We even got a text from the RTO confirming the same.

Delivery is to go as planned but yet to see if we'll get HSRP.
Hey, how long did it take to get the HSRP number plates from RTO, after you received the SMS?

Anybody can shed some light into the lead time involved with HSRP number plates for new vehicle registration at Bengaluru?

I took delivery of my R3 on 16th May, and still waiting on the number plates to arrive.
Old 21st May 2019, 22:32   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkishore_007 View Post
Hey, how long did it take to get the HSRP number plates from RTO, after you received the SMS?

Anybody can shed some light into the lead time involved with HSRP number plates for new vehicle registration at Bengaluru?

I took delivery of my R3 on 16th May, and still waiting on the number plates to arrive.
Hey. We finally didn't get HSRP. Regular plastic plates. Seemed to be the case with all cars being delivered on the day. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Has it been all sorted out now?
saur95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:34   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

And the plate is fixed with these. Look like rivets
They are from 'break off' bolts/screws. The top has been broken off.

Last edited by sgiitk : 22nd May 2019 at 10:36. Reason: wrong quote tags used.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
Hey. We finally didn't get HSRP. Regular plastic plates. Seemed to be the case with all cars being delivered on the day. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Has it been all sorted out now?
Thank you. I have not received anything either, and seeing your example, I should not hope for it in near future.

I should probably go to an authorized vendor and get the new set of number plates, and not RTO.

I run into the risk of being pulled over by officials wanting to make quick bucks due to the temp registration (though I sparingly use the vehicle), and fined for the fault of how the system works.
Old 22nd May 2019, 18:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
They are from 'break off' bolts/screws. The top has been broken off.
Sharing an image of the rivets I had taken when the HSRP's were fitted to a friend's new car. Hyundai took about a week to get the plates post delivery of the car in Thane/Mumbai. They provided regular plates in the mean time.

No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)-img_20190512_160532.jpg

The thicker side of the rivet is fixed inside and the thinner side is cut off post installation with the help of a special tool.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd May 2019 at 19:08. Reason: screws > rivets. :)
Torque_Curve is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:42   #51
BHPian

All, I finally received the HSRPs from RTO after 11 days of taking vehicle delivery.
Old 3rd June 2019, 21:16   #52
BHPian

My car was registered on 17th April 2019 in Chennai. I was also charged ₹200 by my dealer for "HSRP Number Plates". When I took delivery of my car, I noticed they were regular reflective plates with embossed numbers, but had no holograms or any kind of serial numbers on them. Also, they were not riveted. So, I removed the plates from the dealer and got custom number plates with the frames and installed in my vehicle.

Just a few days later, I saw a brand new Maruti Celerio on road, with IND number plates with serial numbers on the plates. I looked at the windshield and there was no sticker with the HSRP details. I immediately called a person, who is in the number plate business for almost 3 decades now. He said, "Few dealers are providing with fake HSRP number plates. The customers are not aware of the same, and they might be fined for the same"

Interestingly, if you take a look at the Tamil Nadu State Transport Authority's website, they have clearly mentioned
Quote:
. The Government of Tamil Nadu has decided to implement the project. The modalities are being worked out.
I was told, Tamil Nadu has not yet implemented HSRP plates, and all the plates that we see on the road are fake HSRP plates. I got the information from a very reliable source.

Also, a news article, mentions about two fake HSRP suppliers, supplying to showrooms across Tamil Nadu.

So be wary of the plates you get from your dealer.
MadrasTurbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 21:52   #53

Today, I received the HSRP plates at Chennai for my EcoSport which was delivered on June 5th. The car was set to RTO on 3rd, the number was assigned on the same day. Number plates and stickers were ready by today and were installed by the dealer himself. Smart card is still pending and may take upwards of 2 weeks.
Old 7th June 2019, 22:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advvenkat View Post
Today, I received the HSRP plates at Chennai for my EcoSport which was delivered on June 5th. The car was set to RTO on 3rd, the number was assigned on the same day. Number plates and stickers were ready by today and were installed by the dealer himself. Smart card is still pending and may take upwards of 2 weeks.
I got my plates on Wednesday, exactly after a week. Did they use the snap bolts for you?,mine was normal bolts.
Old 7th June 2019, 22:39   #55
BANNED

My dealer told that HSRP is mandatory only for vehicles manufactured after 1 April 2019. This is in Kerala. We however get a very similar plate from the dealer. In KL, they deliver vehicles with Temp registration and it is for the owners to get proper registration. We asked the dealer to do it because we didn't want to miss office on that particular day.
Old 9th June 2019, 17:24   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I got my plates on Wednesday, exactly after a week. Did they use the snap bolts for you?,mine was normal bolts.
They did not use snap bolts; they were normal ones.
advvenkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 22:13   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
My dealer told that HSRP is mandatory only for vehicles manufactured after 1 April 2019. This is in Kerala. We however get a very similar plate from the dealer. In KL, they deliver vehicles with Temp registration and it is for the owners to get proper registration. We asked the dealer to do it because we didn't want to miss office on that particular day.
What's the current status? Haven't seen any HSRP in Kerala yet :-(
Old 11th June 2019, 22:25   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
This is in Kerala. We however get a very similar plate from the dealer. In KL, they deliver vehicles with Temp registration and it is for the owners to get proper registration.
Took delivery of Maruti Ignis on 3rd May from Popular Nexa, Calicut.

Vehicle was April manufactured, however what dealer was mentioning was that all vehicles registered past 01-April-19 should have HSRP, as against the manufacturing date you mentioned.

In any case, listing HSRP procedure -

- Got registration done at local RTO.
- They have a tracking number, which is anyway part of the temporary registration document.
- Check the tracking number status in parivahan site.
- After some 3 days or so, registration number is updated in the site.
- Share the number & date of registration to your vehicle dealer.
- Vehicle dealer will get HSRP manufactured by contacting their dealer.
- For Calicut, this is done by Maruti from Cochin.
- In around 4 days, new plates arrive.
- Get the plates installed from dealer
- RC is supposed to arrive in another month or so.

There was no money paid.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 15:29   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advvenkat View Post
They did not use snap bolts; they were normal ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I got HSRP plates fixed today at the dealership after couple of weeks of taking delivery - they have used snap bolts for the front plate but normal bolts for the rear plate, and I just discovered that apparently it's not the norm as they had told me.

I called to confront them about this and I heard excuses like -
a) they got only 2 snap bolts with the plates
b) Vento already comes with normal bolts for the rear plate and in order to use a snap bolt, they will have to make separate holes in the rear like they did for the front plate

I was not convinced and I told them that I'll get back in some time.

Well, what do I do now? For starters, the plates are not high quality by any means and I've already seen reports of ink fading away within a year.

Are they correct that snap bolts require separate holes in the back? I am not very keen on drilling holes in a brand new car for poor quality plates that I'll need to change within a year.

On the other hand, what's the point of an HSRP plate that's not fixed with a snap bolt, anyway?

Please suggest

Front plate with snap bolts -
No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)-img_20190612_143959__01-1.jpg

Rear plate with normal bolts -
No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)-img_20190612_143939__01.jpg

Found this picture online of a Rapid being fitted with an HSRP number plate at the rear -
No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)-numberplatefitting1110x577.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Just curious, do you have a sticker on the windshield bearing the registration number as well?
For what it's worth, the dealership put the sticker on my windshield with the registration number and date of registration - it looks stupid and I tried to avoid it but they told me that they need to send picture to the RTO of the sticker affixed. Honestly, I don't buy that! They always have random reasons to do random things to your car, but well "it was just a sticker" at the end of the day so I let them stick it.

Last edited by kubectl : 12th June 2019 at 15:41. Reason: Add quote about the sticker
Old 30th June 2019, 00:19   #60
BHPian

Today morning went to the registration of my EcoSport at Calicut RTO. Reached there at 10.15, saw the inspector, and he verified the chassis number and told to wait till 12 o clock to submit the registration documents.

At 12, the same inspector came and called me first. He checked for all the documents copy in the website and told me that dealer inspection copy with chassis number pencil print is not uploaded by the dealer.

Called the dealer and first they said they don't have such an option to upload. Told them inspector will not agree. They called back after 10 minutes and then said they have spoken to RTO, and I can submit the documents without any issue.

When I said this to the inspector, he said he would reject the application since it is incomplete. He also said another person came for registration of his Swift had the same problem. I met that man and he said his dealer uploaded the missing document soon after his request in 5 minutes.

I called my dealer and told them this case and asked them why they don't have such an option. Then came third excuse, that it is usually not required in most of RTOs. They said a few RTOs insist that document and they do it only for those RTOs. I asked them why don't you do it now. They said they can't do it without having pencil print of chassis number.

Gave them a piece of my mind after knowing that all this issues were due to their lackluster attitude. The inspector, watching all my calls for the last one hour, asked me to write a complaint against the dealer for wasting my time and giving me incomplete application. I wrote the complaint, and he took my application and submitted it. He also gave the registration number saying most probably that will be the permanent registration number.

Left RTO at 1.30, of which more than 1 hour was wasted with calls to dealer. The dealer called me in the evening and I told them I have given a complaint against them, in order to get my application approved. They said they have uploaded the document in the afternoon. If that was possible, I don't know why they took it so long to do it.

Confirmed the registration number in the parivaahan site in the evening. Now waiting for HSRP.

I am attaching the list of documents in the order to be submitted to RTO for registration.
Attached Thumbnails
No HSRP number-plate, no registration (for new cars)-screenshot_20190630001628101_com.simplemobiletools.gallery.png  

Last edited by knightrider_7 : 30th June 2019 at 00:23.
knightrider_7 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks