Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2020, 10:25   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched

Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace First Drive Review.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 11:47   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen Tiguan AllSpace First Drive Review.
Passe review by Renuka glossing over any technical aspects. However, reaffirms my belief that it is a flop car but given that it's a limited edition CBU might sell a few odd hundred.

Poor 6/7 seats, poor handling and steering, badly priced, 6odd kmpl on highway and no diesel option. This is one for the VW Fan boys only.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th March 2020 at 12:14. Reason: removed embedded video from quote
Old 20th March 2020, 12:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like they made a hash of a perfectly desirable premium AWD SUV in this iteration. There doesn’t seem to be a case for this launch at this time.
Old 20th March 2020, 12:44   #49
Team-BHP Support

Looks like performance is decent but only mid range and above. Which means it may not be as peppy or relaxed as the 2.0TDI in the old Tiguan and the Kodiaq.

The FE of 6.2 seems too low. I hope Renuka is not reporting 6.2L/100km for highway which is like 16Kmpl since VW cars show l/100km.

The car is really a mixed bag. I am not finding anything wow in the Allspace vs the Kodiaq which somehow feels better with the small touches as well as the features.

When the Kodiaq 2.0L TSI comes out with L&K spec that has same virtual cluster + 360 camera + rear sunblinds + canton audio + umbrella and a few other stuff; then what USP will the Tiguan offer over the Kodiaq.

I reiterate my point that VW lost a customer base by getting the Allspace vs the smaller, lighter, agile and sportier regular Tiguan with 2.0L TSI.

Last edited by ajmat : 20th March 2020 at 22:30. Reason: mispeltKodiaq
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 13:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The FE of 6.2 seems too low. I hope Renuka is not reporting 6.2L/100km for highway which is like 16Kmpl since VW cars show l/100km.
The mileage is 6.2kmpl and its really terrible, good choice you made with the diesel Scout. The Kodiaq is the better option, looks posher and proportionate.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:16   #51
Team-BHP Support

I think this will help the Kodiaq even more. With the added length, the car looks more of an MPV now. It should have been better if they kept it as a 5-seater and gave engine options which suits the pricing. That would have been enough to differentiate between the smaller ones like the T-Roc. And that non-existent third row doesn’t help much.

Quote:
It was indeed 6.2 km/l
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
It was indeed 6.2 km/l
That figure is incorrect. According to the attached VW UK brochure and publications such as Autocar UK and Carbuyer UK (also linked below) the mileage figures average roughly between 10-13km/l. Poor numbers for sure but nowhere as dismal as the 6.2km/l figure. Hope this helps!

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/l...space-p11d.pdf

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/v...ty-vehicle/mpg
Old 20th March 2020, 14:56   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The mileage is 6.2kmpl and its really terrible, good choice you made with the diesel Scout. The Kodiaq is the better option, looks posher and proportionate.
Quote:
It was indeed 6.2 km/l
Just saw the video again and MID was clearly 6.2kmpl. I was surprised cause my Kodiaq shows 6l/100km in mild traffic so figured she might be confused.

But damn that petrol is thirsty vs the diesel.

Quote:
I think this will help the Kodiaq even more. With the added length, the car looks more of an MPV now. It should have been better if they kept it as a 5-seater and gave engine options which suits the pricing. That would have been enough to differentiate between the smaller ones like the T-Roc. And that non-existent third row doesn’t help much
All they had to do was keep it at 25-26L exshowroom with 2.0L TSI engine and they had a perfect lineup.

T-ROC, Karoq, Tiguan and Kodiaq in order of price.

T-ROC and Karoq with 1.5L TSI. T-Roc for sporty cool design. Karoq for practical and luxurious.

Then the Tiguan 2.0L TSI for sporty performance with AWD and premium feel.

Kodiaq 2.0L TSI for the premium luxury and practical 7 seater feel.

This 4 would have been a perfect lineup with something for everybody.
Now the Tiguan Allspace and Kodiaq just sit on top of each other and both will take away sales from each other, not complement sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
That figure is incorrect. According to the attached VW UK brochure and publications such as Autocar UK and Carbuyer UK (also linked below) the mileage figures average roughly between 10-13km/l. Poor numbers for sure but nowhere as dismal as the 6.2km/l figure. Hope this helps!
It can't be incorrect cause you can see it on the car MID after her drive. Those are real world figures she got.

Ofcourse you can argue she was testing and the FE could be low since it may not be ideal driving. I doubt it will be much different though.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th March 2020 at 14:57.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 15:07   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Of course you can argue she was testing and the FE could be low since it may not be ideal driving. I doubt it will be much different though.
Agreed that this was probably the case in this situation. Even most international video reviews of recent cars I've seen show low figures since the display only shows the trip average. It should average 10km/l in Indian Stop-Start traffic (looking at you Bengaluru). But with its 40L+ OTR pricing I presume the buyers will gloss over fuel economy figures lol.
Old 20th March 2020, 15:13   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Agreed that this was probably the case in this situation. Even most international video reviews of recent cars I've seen show low figures since the display only shows the trip average. It should average 10km/l in Indian Stop-Start traffic (looking at you Bengaluru). But with its 40L+ OTR pricing I presume the buyers will gloss over fuel economy figures lol.
Haha there is no chance the 2.0L TSI in an AWD SUV will give double digits even close to 10Kmpl in the city.

The smaller 1.8L Octavia struggles to give this in city and my Kodiaq diesel gives around 9kmpl in Bangalore traffic. When traffic is less it crosses 10Kmpl so the 6.2Kmpl is probably accurate for city and highway mix.

I have driven an Octavia 1.8L TSI and seen 5kmpl on highway roads if driven a little spirited.

My guess is the Tiguan Allspace will give 6-7kmpl best case in city and 10-12kmpl on the highway if driven sedately.

People may not be too concerned with mileage if running is low but for a 7 seat SUV the running is usually long distance and 10-12kmpl is pretty bad even for the premium car buyers. That's why even BMW and Mercedes sell diesels.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 15:26   #56
BHPian

Ah fair enough. I was going according to the figures that our 2.4L Grand Vitara averaged (8-10 in city) but I guess VAG motors are a bit more thirsty. I guess real world reviews on Team-BHP should clarify the confusion.
Old 20th March 2020, 17:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It can't be incorrect cause you can see it on the car MID after her drive. Those are real world figures she got.
Possibly lots of idling during exterior and interior shots contributes to this?
Old 13th June 2020, 19:18   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

The proportions are spot on now.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-img_20200613_115642.jpg  

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-img_20200613_115629.jpg  

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-img_20200613_115621.jpg  

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-img_20200613_115607.jpg  

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-img_20200613_115615.jpg  

VW Tiguan AllSpace with 3rd-row seating, now launched-img_20200613_115601.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 22:41   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, both the Tiguan and the T-Roc look really classy! VW's design language and sophistication has moved so far ahead of literally every other mainstream car manufacturer in India. They seem to be the only ones to prioritize form over function. The T-Roc looks so sweet from the outside with that steeply raked rear windscreen, it is going to eat away a lot of boot space, but do they care? It makes the vehicle look so distinctive and sophisticated and that is all that matters! Any other manufacturer would have compromised for the all-important statistics to swing purchase decisions based on numbers and specs.
Old 13th June 2020, 23:00   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The proportions are spot on now.
Really?

It looked too MPVish for me. I preferred the older Tiguan small proportions vs the extra bulk ta the back which makes it estate/MPVish.

The Kodiaq feels better looking.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks