Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2019, 18:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda Accord recalled over faulty Takata airbag inflators

Honda has recalled the Accord to replace faulty Takata driver side front airbag inflators. A total of 3,669 cars built between 2003 and 2006 have been affected by this recall.

Honda Accord recalled over faulty Takata airbag inflators-takata-honda.jpg

According to Honda, the Takata front airbag inflators may deploy with excessive internal pressure when activated. The airbag inflator might rupture and may result in an injury and is therefore seen as a safety risk to the occupants.

The replacement will be carried out free of cost at all Honda dealerships across India from April 18, 2019. Honda will be notifying the customers directly to get the replacement done as soon as possible. Customers can also check if their cars are covered under this recall campaign by submitting the 17 character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on this website.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 18:56   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda Accord recalled over faulty Takata airbag inflators

It's good they actually did a recall but look at the age of the cars they are supposed serve. Most of those cars actually have served their lifetime with first owners.

It would be interesting to see how many 1st owners actually turn up for this recall work.

Mind you, I am mainly referring to Indian market only. Most of the 1st owners have used this premium car with life risk.

On a different note, overwhelming majority of the 1st owners are backseat users I guess. At least here in India.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 19:25   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Accord recalled over faulty Takata airbag inflators

It puzzles me that why it is mostly Honda who is issuing recalls and why not others? Is it so because not many cars in India during the early 2000s came fitted with airbags? But was Honda the only maker to have airbags back then? Certainly not.

Also, quite a late recall for the Accord. I posted this long back; could be the reason?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post3918399 (Honda recalls City, Jazz and Civic for Airbag defect)

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks