Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2019, 15:04   #16
BHPian

re: 2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover

In one word. Its UGLY.

The exteriors look horrible. The lights have messed up the design both at the front and the rear. Sad Hyundai has come up with this design language for their SUVs. The VW T-Cross may be smaller but it looks way better than this car.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 15:19   #17
BHPian

The exterior is no much different than the current Creta, just that some blings have been added.

The interior looks very impressive and i think the next gen Hyundai cars will follow the same pattern.
Old 16th April 2019, 15:32   #18
BHPian

Exterior charm of the old Creta is all gone, it looks overdone. Looks like multiple designers wanted their design to be finalized.

Interior is the best seen, simple yet modern. But I wish Hyundai considers exterior bit changes if this comes to India.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 16:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mechanic View Post
These are grossly edited photos to place one's watermark on top of of someone else'. Here, I found the originals in much better quality. It seems like the split headlight design and large Tesla-like touchscreen are soon going to become a norm in the automotive industry. That touchscreen would be no good if Hyundai doesn't provide connectivity features as seen on Venue. Also, WTH Hyundai had to slap the Venue-ish alloys on the ix25!

Indeed, it measures 4,300 mm in length, 1,790 mm in width, 1,620 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,610 mm. It is 30 mm longer and 10 mm wider with 20 mm more wheelbase while the height has been reduced by 7 mm.

I was writing the same thing Shravan, but you beat me to it by just 10 seconds. Next time maybe I'll dictate to Siri.

I will tell Siri to beat your time. The split design is sure becoming the design trend from MG Hector, TATA Harrier, Kia SP, Venue etc. and it does look good. But, this split tail lamps are a sore and makes it uglier. Even though interiors look like they are from a class above. Doubt that this would make it to the price sensitive Indian market.
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 16:30   #20
BHPian

I haven't seen any other manufacturer who has such wild mood swings when it comes to design. On one hand they have come up with a smashing looking Sonata and on the other, have managed to spoil the classy design of the existing Creta.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 16:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Surely should get a spot in the top 5 worst looking rears of all cars!

The Front could have been much better, if not for the odd looking grill!
Mi10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 17:30   #22
BHPian

The split design is going to split opinions. I for one do not like any of the split designs so far, be it the harrier or the hector. This looks equally weird and only takes it further with the horrendous tail lamps!
Brave of Hyundai to take a gamble with a successful model, but at the same time where is the competition really.
Old 16th April 2019, 17:59   #23
BHPian

The exterior looks busy and weird. Seems like Hyundai is again going from good designs to bad designs. The grill design, the headlamps, tail lamps and the boot are odd and weird.
I don't think Hyundai will bring this design language to India.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 18:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

I'll be really surprised if those tail lamps don't change by the time they reach India. Front looks blingy and fresh. Interiors have to same as above. Polarising design, but next gen Creta will sell like hot cakes.
Old 16th April 2019, 22:33   #25
BHPian

Tata has done a much better job with similar design elements on the exterior of the Harrier (the rear, esp.), which looks way better than this. Must appreciate Tata staying ahead of the design curve.

Though, to be fair, the Indian variant of the Creta may look different than this.
Old 16th April 2019, 23:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Aztek and 14' Cherokee seem to be points of inspiration, Cluttered and confused rear and front. Palisade-ish looks would have been much better.
Old 16th April 2019, 23:09   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

As someone who likes to own a car that is rare, that everyone doesn't own, I absolutely despise Creta.. I see it everywhere and they are usually modded with tasteless chromium and roof-wraps in black, white, orange, what not. A few YouTube channels that force themselves into my feed only reinforce that thought with the highly pim*ed out, grotesque interiors and exteriors.. the Creta has become thoroughly Indianised and part of automobile-pop culture, I couldn't hate it any more that this.

I'll continue to like their European-design models with curves, sophistication and sense of proportions (the Elantra being one).. the Creta at present is too boxy and boring. Also their split headlamp design suits the Santa-Fe, while the present Tucson is their most gorgeous SUV ever made. The Creta and upcoming Venue look like dabbas. The Kia models will absolutely destroy the competitors including Hyundai once they come in full speed.

Also an update for design-enthusiasts, Peter Schreyer the ex-Audi designer and possibly the most legendary award-winning designer has retired from Hyundai and is now only a consultant designer for Kia while Luc Donckerwolke is now full time head of design of Genesis and Hyundai. The aesthetic magic, sadly, has been lost.
dark.knight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 08:19   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover

WEIRD! I think the front headlamps can be tweaked to look good, but what the hell is Hyundai doing with over-sized radiator grilles? We saw it on the Venue too. In comparison, the current Creta looks absolutely smashing.

The rear has no hope at all. It looks awful & very droopy.

Hyundai had to redesign the original Santro / Atos for India back in the 90s. Being how the Creta is Hyundai India's no.1 cash-printing machine, I have no doubt they'll do the same for this next-gen car.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 08:52   #29
BHPian

I almost got a heart attack when I laid eyes on that horrendous tail lamp. Thank God we bought a Creta while it looks good. If the larger public gets to see these photos they are sure going to drive up the sales of the existing Creta
This kind of weird design actually works in China. A lot of Chinese cars look weird but even they are putting effort into making their cars look great nowadays. But in a market like India where the Mini SUV owners buy it largely to "look good" in front of neighbors this would be a tough sell. I get a sort of revolting feeling whenever I look at the rear end photos.
While the interior is amazing, If they don't change the rear it might actually help drive the Harrier sales in India which in my opinion looks great.
But the Indian market is also unpredictable, we received the sub 4 metre faux sedans with chopped boots with open arms and embraced them.
ZenMaster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 09:14   #30
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai is not known for elegant or original designs, but off-late they were getting better after their over-the-top fluidic designs.
Couple of point to note though:
  • The new Creta probably won’t be as wacky as the Chinese iX25.
  • With KIA entering the market, they may differentiate the skins by mature-looking KIA v/s youthful (over-designed) Hyundai.
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks