Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2020, 21:52   #136
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2020 Hyundai Creta / ix25 breaks cover

Now, design is a subjective thing but I ask you this question- why’s the rest of the world being forced to accept certain designs that are targeted at the Chinese audience at large? I’m looking at you too, BMW. And no, don’t come up with the “Chinese buyers make up xx percentage of that specific car’s sales” or “It’s not viable to have multiple design languages throughout the word”. It’s just kinda unfair, isn’t it? I mean, then what’s the purpose of globalising a single car then? We’re just being forced to get used to something over a period of time or get a different car (which I’m sure not many of us would like to do). Take the first gen Creta (pre-facelift ) for example, a really balanced and handsome design that offends none and pleases most. It worked throughout most of the world, didn’t it? I’m not against a radical design change though, just the logic behind this above mentioned behaviour.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 4th January 2020 at 21:55. Reason: Extras
Old 5th January 2020, 19:07   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
...why’s the rest of the world being forced to accept certain designs that are targeted at the Chinese audience at large?...
Well to be candid, no OEM is forcing the customers in to anything. The customers handsomely vote with their cash and if they don't like the design, Hyundai will be the first to change.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 19:40   #138
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Well to be candid, no OEM is forcing the customers in to anything. The customers handsomely vote with their cash and if they don't like the design, Hyundai will be the first to change.
How many examples of such changes can we see? Even the Verna Transform stuck around for 2 full years before the fluidic Verna came into the picture- and that was to be launched anyway, not Hyundai changing it just because the former was a flop. And then there’s the BMW 7 Series with that ugly grille. In fact, AutoX interviewed the Head of BMW India or someone, about the same and all he said was that he personally liked it (lol) and that people just “need” to deal with it (he worked for RE first and probably the only reason he’d even make such a statement is because he’s heading the company now that gave him his own personal 7 Series, which just goes to show). When there’s almost every other manufacturer out there that provides a stable design output, why does Hyundai (being the case in point) have to come up with such terrible ideas? They had to go and ruin the perfectly fine Fluidic v1 design philosophy. Examples abound; the current gen Verna and Venue to some extent, Elantra (oh boy), 2020 Creta etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks