Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 12:58   #541
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Cool thanks for the update. How did you find the NVH in the car while cruising and also when red lining the engine? Do you think this engine can comfortably carry 5 adults and luggage and is good enough for city and highway drives without any strain?
NVH at cruise is comfortable but little audible.
Engine sound at redlining is sweet but loud.

Space for 5 and bootspace is acceptable.
Under full load the city driving would be ok because of good low end, but for highways you will have to push the engine for gaining quick speeds.
Old 7th March 2020, 00:11   #542
Senior - BHPian

This is not the kind of first impression I expect when I go to see a premium sub 4 m SUV decked with these gawky accessories.
This resembles worse than a vulgar lipstick or a juicy lip edition.

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-1583519878540_1583519878019_1583519871893_0_img20200306wa0040.jpg

Which department approves all this gawkiness?
sidindica is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 06:55   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is not the kind of first impression I expect when I go to see a premium sub 4 m SUV decked with these gawky accessories.
The only accessory that would properly fit in there would be a gloss black wrap.
Old 8th March 2020, 00:12   #544
BHPian

Of all the reviews that I read about Brezza petrol this one seems to be closest to my observations in TD - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...80076.ece/amp/
Old 8th March 2020, 01:08   #545
BANNED

Walk-around video of Vitara Brezza's base trim:

Old 8th March 2020, 15:07   #546
BHPian

So I took a good test drive of the Brezza Petrol Manual top trim for around 25kms. 10kms of city and remaining highway (if we can call NICE road as highway). There were four people in the car.

First up, the engine is refined and easy to start off and amble around in the city. The seating is high and view is good. There is good power available in the lower gears. The clutch is light, steering is light as well and a smooth gear box. This car will be very easy to drive in city traffic. It will not require frequent gear shifts.

The engine revvs cleanly all the way to 6000rpm but it's not very quick. The engine does get audible and boomy above 4000rpm which is not a good thing and you kind of get a shove once you cross 4000rpm and the car accelerates faster, checked this a couple of times. I also did some pedal to metal and also tried reaching some top speeds. It was good.

The suspension still has some stiffness and handling is good.
The mileage for this trip was around 12kmpl.

So basically a good smooth engine that's easy to drive in city traffic, very silent at lower revvs ONLY. This car will not give more than 12 in city and 14-15 on highway in terms of FE. if you drive aggressively, expect single digit FE.

I liked the car and thought it was much much better to drive than the Nexon Petrol Manual that I drove recently.

For me it will be a toss up between Venue and Brezza. The Venue gives a slightly better premium interiors, a much silent and quick revving engine but the top end manual is costly and I can't live with that bad instrument cluster in the lower variants. Not considering any other CSUV at the moment.
NFS2024 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 15:53   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol Manual variant could Feature Mild Hybrid Tech.

Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5L petrol. Edit: Launched at Rs 7.34 lakh-zw2020vitarabrezzapetrolhybridmanual_720x540.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th March 2020 at 15:55.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 15:11   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol Manual variant could Feature Mild Hybrid Tech.

Link
So what exactly does this mean? The article says that 2020 Brezza manual would get Mild Hybrid Tech but hasn't the 2020 Brezza Manual been launched already without the hybrid tech and already started arriving at dealerships? Then about which 2020 Brezza Manual this article is talking about?

I am totally confused. Is Maruti planning a facelift / feature addition within just 2 weeks of launch? I think it is highly unlikely.They would have arrived at the decision to not give mild hybrid to manual variants after so much of analysis and thought process, and I wonder why they would go back on their decision so quickly without a solid reason. But then, I may be totally wrong in my assumptions too.

Also won't it affect the pricing of manual versions? Increasing the price any further will definitely affect the new Brezza's sales, which in my opinion is already overpriced. Or are they going to introduce these as additional Hybrid variants along with the non-hybrid ones? Can someone please clarify?
Old 14th March 2020, 21:13   #549
BHPian

I'm in the market for a compact sub 4 metre SUV. Test drove the Brezza Zxi today.
The car was very easy to drive in the city, the engine felt very refined, the steering was light, good NVH with practically no engine noise at low rpms. The suspension was slightly stiff compared to the previous model but overall felt good over bad roads. There is nothing special about the car but couldn't find any negative points either over the short test drive.
There were a lot of people in the showroom checking out the Brezza and the sales person gave a waiting period of about a month for delivery.

I also test drove the Venue 1.0 turbo manual few days back, the engine was very powerful but noisy compared to Brezza and vibrations could also be felt on the gear lever even at low rpms. I also felt some turbo lag before 1500 rpm.
Overall it felt like I was driving a diesel car. Will test drive Venue again but a different car as I've mostly heard good things about Hyundai's NVH with the 1.0 litre motor. Maybe there was some issue with the test drive car , although it was a brand new car with just 25 kms on the odo.
Thanks

Last edited by midazolam : 14th March 2020 at 21:15.
Old 14th March 2020, 22:49   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
There were a lot of people in the showroom checking out the Brezza and the sales person gave a waiting period of about a month for delivery.
One month waiting period is a marketing gimmick.
From what I got to know in Hyderabad dealership is that brezza petrol sales are way too low than expected.
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 09:23   #551
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Vitara Brezza Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
One month waiting period is a marketing gimmick.

From what I got to know in Hyderabad dealership is that brezza petrol sales are way too low than expected.

Yes. I too believe it is only a matter of time before the car comes up with discounts. Worth the wait. Another surprising fact I discovered is that there are no test drive Brezza petrol vehicles in Gurgaon. Upon pushing the dealers are offering to allow TD on new stock. Maruti needs to get things in order.

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2020 at 11:12. Reason: Linking to review :)
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed