Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 12:19   #541
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
I asked this same question to the dealer but they didn't have a clue. They said we just put some number(maybe chassis number) in a portal and we get a figure.
Apparently, Maharashtra has no subdivision between tax for imports below and above 20L for CBU vehicles like in Delhi for example. The figures from Bangalore as closer to us but a bit cheaper.
What makes it even more complex as it is not exactly 20% as per above figures as well. It is less than that.
Will be very helpful if there is any clarification on this matter. Is there an official sheet/rate card for all states?
Looks like the RTO rate for CBU is more almost 8% more

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...d-you-pay.html (CBU registration charges and taxes: How much did you pay?)

That is what is pushing the price up

Last edited by crazyro : 16th June 2020 at 12:30.
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 13:04   #542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I wonder what purpose does the CD Player solve nowadays. With all music either on USB or being streamed this is an unnecessary addition to the cost.

I am certain that a minuscule percentage if any will use this.
Might be useful for software installation/update to the ICE.

Also, for a true Audiophile, the quality of music from an original Audio CD (not MP3 CD) is truly a class apart from the encoded and streamed versions we get today. I still keep my old collection of over 200 CDs just for this reason - the odd day I want to immerse myself in high quality music. I am not sure of the T-Roc's music system is good enough to differentiate this though.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 13:09   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Might be useful for software installation/update to the ICE.

Also, for a true Audiophile, the quality of music from an original Audio CD (not MP3 CD) is truly a class apart from the encoded and streamed versions we get today. I still keep my old collection of over 200 CDs just for this reason - the odd day I want to immerse myself in high quality music. I am not sure of the T-Roc's music system is good enough to differentiate this though.
Most firmware updates use the USB, however I agree on the quality of sound from genuine CD's, although you can get FLAC format media files and play from the USB itself.

The one thing of the TROC I appreciated was the Sound System. It was stupendous, I have never heard a better sounding sound system in a car. It is phenomenal.
Old 16th June 2020, 23:29   #544
BHPian

The dealership had everything in place including the software update. The car is ready to deliver by the dealership. Now the company itself isn't willing to deliver cars.

Apparently they want to wait for the lockdown to end before they deliver the cars. Knowing the current situation, I don't think the lockdown will be over for at least a few weeks, of not a few months.

My wife wants to put down a deposit for a Seltos top end, says the management of the company is useless. Surprise surprise. I am inclined to get my deposit back.
Old 17th June 2020, 10:18   #545
BHPian

I went and saw one at the showroom yesterday.

Front seats are large enough and have good travel. Large footwell and comfortable.

However, rear is where the story goes down. The rear doors have a small aperture for entry plus the rear seats are upright and it is not a comfortable place to be in, especially for my 6'.1" frame. Infact I found the rear seats from my Brezza to be more comfortable than the T-ROC. The large hump between the seats doesn't help either.

But build quality is impeccably solid and I personally don't have any problem with the hard dash plastic.

Maybe I will drive one, once test drive is available to decide, how to proceed with my booking.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2020, 13:06   #546
BHPian

I visited showroom again yesterday. I was told that the TD car would be available by early next week. And they will just have one TD car across showrooms. And for the delay part, apparently they had to wait for a German Engineer's arrival for software update and training.
One more update shared was about the dispatch and that would start today and dealerships would soon receive the cars.

Details of service costs, service packages and spare costs would also be available next week, is what I was told !

Of course I had some more looks of the car, only ending up comparing interior plastics to the polo on display. Polo has soft touch dash and is much better. Tiguan Allspace is leagues apart in terms of interiors. Seating comfort in T roc and Tiguan were comparable. So were the quality of switches and other controls.

Last edited by tristis2008 : 19th June 2020 at 13:14. Reason: additional remarks.
Old 19th June 2020, 13:23   #547
BHPian

I have a query regarding the two cameras that are on the front windshield. I understand that they are for driver assist features. Which means they're constantly on, so do they record footage as well? Like a dashcam?
Old 19th June 2020, 14:46   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
I have a query regarding the two cameras that are on the front windshield. I understand that they are for driver assist features. Which means they're constantly on, so do they record footage as well? Like a dashcam?
Their main job is to detect shapes, cyclists, pedestrians, road side signs and road markings. I don't think there's any ability to constantly record footage like that in a dash cam.
Old 20th June 2020, 18:37   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post

My wife wants to put down a deposit for a Seltos top end, says the management of the company is useless. Surprise surprise. I am inclined to get my deposit back.
I suggest you wait. the dealership can’t do much, given the company hasn’t given them a green signal. Plus, it looks like you were sold on the T-roc. The 1.5 TSI + DSG combination is bound to plaster a smile on your face, and will make up for the wait.
Old 23rd June 2020, 16:49   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
I suggest you wait. the dealership can’t do much, given the company hasn’t given them a green signal. Plus, it looks like you were sold on the T-roc. The 1.5 TSI + DSG combination is bound to plaster a smile on your face, and will make up for the wait.
Any idea what's the reason for delay ? Even any of the auto journos have not been able to drive and review yet ! The SA keeps telling me this software / that software is not ready.
Old 23rd June 2020, 22:59   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
I visited showroom again yesterday. I was told that the TD car would be available by early next week. And they will just have one TD car across showrooms. And for the delay part, apparently they had to wait for a German Engineer's arrival for software update and training.

So typically German in attitude. Back in the 90s, we had to wait for the German consultant to come and activate SAP software and train the Indian consultants because the honchos at HQ thought 'the Indians don't know the basics and can't be trusted for the crucial tasks'. While the world has moved a long way in 25 years and it is us Indians teaching most of the western world how to use tech today, some old world German companies are still frozen in their attitudes.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 23rd June 2020 at 23:00.
Old 23rd June 2020, 23:32   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
The SA keeps telling me this software / that software is not ready.
I've been told the same thing. Apparently they're expecting some device from Germany that configures the car to the India specification (no real clarity on what these changes are, if any). All allotments and test drives are on hold till the software is updated. Same issue with the Tiguan Allspace as well.

I was allowed to test drive the T-Roc with the 'transport' mode which restricts the engine so didn't really get to "drive" it as such. I'm really surprised that VW didn't get such a basic thing in order before launching the car more than three months ago now. India 2.0 is clearly not off to a start, let alone a good one it seems.

We're reconsidering our decision and might end up going for the Karoq. My father isn't particularly enthused by the crossover-ness of the T-Roc either, particularly for its price. He's started calling it the S-Cross's overpriced German cousin . The Karoq does have an SUV size/ styling and offers better interiors and space albeit at a premium. We'll take the final call after visiting the Skoda showroom this week for a test drive (atleast one VAG company knows how to sell cars). I'll be posting my thoughts on the Karoq thread as well if anyone's interested.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 00:18   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post

We're reconsidering our decision and might end up going for the Karoq. My father isn't particularly enthused by the crossover-ness of the T-Roc either, particularly for its price. He's started calling it the S-Cross's overpriced German cousin . The Karoq does have an SUV size/ styling and offers better interiors and space albeit at a premium. We'll take the final call after visiting the Skoda showroom this week for a test drive (atleast one VAG company knows how to sell cars). I'll be posting my thoughts on the Karoq thread as well if anyone's interested.
Personally I would place the T-roc and the Karoq in different segments despite both sharing the same drivetrain. Karoq being dimensionally larger with a more SUVish build and appearance ; more luxurious soft touch interiors and additional features viz cruise control/ powered driver’s seat / 9 airbags/ larger boot / more rear legroom etc is a different vehicle in a higher price segment.
The T-roc would be a smaller and a cheaper but equally accomplished CBU performance wise from the VAG group. Apparently it sells decently in Europe though considered pricey compared to its peers.
Maybe VW has run into unanticipated issues regarding the ‘activation’ of the cars however it definitely owes an official explanation to all its potential customers who have booked the car.
Old 24th June 2020, 00:19   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
The 1.5 TSI + DSG combination is bound to plaster a smile on your face, and will make up for the wait.
Does the T-Roc use the DQ-200 transmission or any other DCT from VW portfolio?
Old 24th June 2020, 00:22   #555
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Does the T-Roc use the DQ-200 transmission or any other DCT from VW portfolio?
It uses the same DQ200 as the previous DSG cars like Polo, Superb,Octavia etc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks