Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2020, 19:48   #511
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
I have decided to go ahead with the car and have ordered it in Black
Thanks for sharing your experience. Reading through it was evident that you have liked the car. And congratulations on going ahead with the purchase.

Quote:
Driving: No jerkiness or kangaroo effect at lower gears. The driving experience is a good mix between sporty and comfy. However those looking for a really plush ride might want to reconsider.
I also see that you have been able to verify if there is any "kangaroo effect" at all. Good that there is no issue.

As far as the ride is concerned it is expected to be on the firmer side. May be that we get from CBU from EU. So the Vento riders might miss its softer ride.
Old 11th June 2020, 22:30   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Bangalore Test Drives will begin only next week. Just had a word with my SA at PPS, the car is pending a PDI although they have been able to code it and activate it.

Seems like cars are now like SIM cards that need activation

Thanks for your reply, I am eager to test drive it and will make up my mind post that.
Can someone kindly throw some light what is this car activation all about? Shouldn't it be possible to slot in the key and start the car and drive away?
Old 11th June 2020, 23:00   #513
BHPian

I've booked a black one and it's at the dealer but the issue is activation. I switched it on & the engine RPM is limited to 2500 and the check engine light remains on. They apparently need software to activate the car. I think it's like a software limited limp mode for transportation from factory to dealer.
Harneet.S is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 00:19   #514
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
I've booked a black one and it's at the dealer but the issue is activation. I switched it on & the engine RPM is limited to 2500 and the check engine light remains on. They apparently need software to activate the car. I think it's like a software limited limp mode for transportation from factory to dealer.
Your car is in TRANSPORT MODE, Every car came out of factory like that with limited functionality, It needs to be connected to VAG-COM to activate all functionality.
Congrats
unknown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 13:14   #515
BHPian

The Brochure has been further updated. The suspension spec has been rectified.

Name:  Suspension.png
Views: 2593
Size:  3.5 KB
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-Roc-Brochure-June.pdf (8.98 MB, 758 views)

Last edited by tristis2008 : 12th June 2020 at 13:18. Reason: removed extra text
tristis2008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 14:17   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
The Brochure has been further updated. The suspension spec has been rectified.
Looks like there are still errors, ex: only 2 airbags under 'safety' section.
Wonder why they haven't revealed the boot space anywhere.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 14:57   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Looks like there are still errors, ex: only 2 airbags under 'safety' section.
Wonder why they haven't revealed the boot space anywhere.
Read again please, front side airbags and curtain airbags are clearly mentioned in the new brochure. What is really missing in the brochure and media since the beginning is the safety features such as City Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Monitoring, Front Assist, the hardware for which is present in the form of a front camera on the windshield and options to activate it in the AID as well as on the indicator stalk with a physical button.
Old 12th June 2020, 15:17   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I visited VW Safdarjung today to take a look at the T-Roc. Pictures are below
The car looks stunning, the design is truly elegant and timeless. The interiors flow so well too. The active info display looks slick! The lowest cost car on which you could get it the Active Info Display until last year was the Audi A4 Technology trim, costing a cool 50 lakhs.

However, I am shocked at the quality of plastic on the dash top and on side doors. So far, none of the pictures I saw were high-res enough to truly appreciate how it looks. It looks exactly the same color and texture as my 2013 Ecosport Titanium Plus. The same dull grey color, the same rough "boils" on the surface, The intermittent shiny beads on the surface (which reflect in a very distracting way on the front windscreen in some light conditions. Altogether beyond "not to good to touch" more like "repulsive to touch". I know from experience this is not something one gets over in a few weeks, even today when I drive my car, the dash-top is distracting and irritating in the Ecopsort, which is otherwise a good car. Ford fortunately fixed it in the 2017 facelift.

T-Roc is such a nice car and a high value overall package spoiled for me by this one factor. When you see the exterior and design it tugs at your heart, but then the prospect of living with that plastic is bothersome

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 12th June 2020 at 15:19.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 15:34   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Read again please, front side airbags and curtain airbags are clearly mentioned in the new brochure..
I was referring to this list. May be it is mentioned elsewhere in the brochure
Name:  Screen Shot 20200612 at 3.32.08 PM.png
Views: 2516
Size:  82.3 KB
Old 12th June 2020, 17:15   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
When you see the exterior and design it tugs at your heart, but then the prospect of living with that plastic is bothersome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
It's just the plastics and the lack of cruise control that's stopping me. Let's see which way it goes
I agree completely. The lack of quality plastics is much more noticeable than I had anticipated. I can live with the dashboard plastics since one rarely touches the dash. What irked me is the overuse of plastics on the door. While the plastic near the elbow rest is marginally better quality than the dash, you do feel it rub against your arm.

We're upgrading from our 2010 WagonR (big jump, I know) and you would expect a car that costs 5 times as much would have better materials. Especially in places you touch. Even the WagonR has padding on the door insert (albeit it skips elbow padding altogether ). Even basic fabric inserts in such places would have gone a long way. Although I do feel that the build of the rest of the car and the modernity of it does help compensate for the most part.

To be honest, the fear of my highway commute in my beloved tin-can is what pushed me to go ahead with the T-Roc. I may curse myself for spending so much on an average interior but hey atleast I'll be safe(r).
Old 12th June 2020, 21:06   #521
BHPian

The car has been taken out of transport mode and apparently there was new software which Pune had to release to the dealers. The next problem is VW isn't letting any dealer sell a car. The dealer says his hands are tied; unless he gets a go-ahead from the company he can't sell the car.

I don't know what they really want to do by stalling deliveries like sitting on inventory. Maybe they have a formal launch planned. The showroom is shut over the weekend as they are working at 50% capacity. I'll only know if they're ready to deliver on Monday.

OTOH, I was at their workshop while they updated the car. It really is drop dead gorgeous. Lack of rear space, poor plastics (I'm okay with them really, they are like my 1.6 polo from 2011 which is fine), small footprint all melts away when you look at it. It is just that beautiful.
Harneet.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 13:28   #522
BHPian

Quote:
I visited VW Safdarjung today to take a look at thearvindjain.in@gmail.comT-Roc. and I love the Audi-esque lines.
I love the exterior and would give it an A+.

Size and Dimensions: The car does seem shorter in height compared to its competition and does lack presence from sheer size pov. This might be a downer for those looking for a Compass like road presence.

The size is ideal for me and I would give it an A.

I have decided to go ahead with the car and have ordered it in Black and will share pictures as soon as I take delivery. I've been told delivery will be by end of the month but no specific date given.
Thanks for all the pics & a great review & congratulations on your purchase.
The T Roc is great value for money if you compare it to the Karoq and definitely stands out amongst the sea of Cretas and Seltos. The dimensions are pretty identical to those of Audi Q2 so it actually is a more affordable version of the Q2 and with top notch build quality and a great tsi mill.
I am just posting one of your pics for people to compare it with the Q2. Cheers !
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-t-roc.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-audi-q2-2.jpg  

Old 13th June 2020, 16:27   #523
BHPian

I am in love with this car. Definitely a worthy upgrade from my GT TSi. I wish VW starts manufacturing this in India and starts selling it at that sweet spot at 15-20 lacs on road price. A fully loaded Seltos Turbo Petrol DCT costs 22lacs on road in Bangalore. If you can give a TROC at that price (or maybe at max a lac more), VW has a winner and can seriously take market share from Kia and Hyundai.
Old 14th June 2020, 10:12   #524
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any idea if the RTO Registration Charges in Maharashtra have been increased ?

From the below break up looks like its around 20% when it should be 12 %

Ex-Showroom Price 1,999,000
Insurance 1st Year Comprehensive + 3 year 3rd Party 87,052
RTO Registration Charges (R.T.O. Tax, Road Safety Surcharge & Fees) 392,907
Depot Charges (Including GST) 20,000
TCS 0.75% 14,993
On-Road Price Individual 2,513,952

If we check online portals like carwale is still shows on road price as 23,58,461

Last edited by crazyro : 14th June 2020 at 10:14.
Old 14th June 2020, 11:15   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Hi Guys,
Any idea if the RTO Registration Charges in Maharashtra have been increased ?
From the below break up looks like its around 20% when it should be 12 %
If we check online portals like carwale is still shows on road price as 23,58,461
I asked this same question to the dealer but they didn't have a clue. They said we just put some number(maybe chassis number) in a portal and we get a figure.
Apparently, Maharashtra has no subdivision between tax for imports below and above 20L for CBU vehicles like in Delhi for example. The figures from Bangalore as closer to us but a bit cheaper.
What makes it even more complex as it is not exactly 20% as per above figures as well. It is less than that.
Will be very helpful if there is any clarification on this matter. Is there an official sheet/rate card for all states?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks