Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2020, 16:46   #496
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Anyone got a test drive yet. The PPS folks are not able to activate the car since last 10 days. Apparently some code has to be entered into the car before test drives can happen.
In Ahmedabad, they're saying TD will be possible by end of June. They have Grey and Yellow cars on display.
Old 10th June 2020, 17:40   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
They were just unsure when it can be made unavailable.
Same issue at VW Safdarjung in Delhi as well. They have one on display but they're not sure when the test drive car will be ready.
Old 10th June 2020, 17:53   #498
Senior - BHPian

I had a close look at a red T-Roc few days back. Those chrome bits on the exterior (front, side, and rear) looks really ugly!
Old 10th June 2020, 20:32   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Well thanks, but no matter what website I look up (wikipedia included), the 1st letter apparently refers to country and W is Germany.

Even my 2012 Polo 1.2 Mpi has a VIN starting with W.
And I know for a fact that it was completely Manufactured in India.
Old 10th June 2020, 21:13   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I had a close look at a red T-Roc few days back. Those chrome bits on the exterior (front, side, and rear) looks really ugly!
Red color is not offered here in India. Wonder if that energetic orange has so much energy that it has started looking like red😉. I never understood why they even have that color for this car!

Indeed, chrome treatment isn't good.
Old 10th June 2020, 21:59   #501
BHPian

Apparently, the "launch" has been postponed to 21/6 and no test cars available yet.
Old 10th June 2020, 23:00   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Apparently, the "launch" has been postponed to 21/6 and no test cars available yet.
What is the source of this information. Did you hear from the dealer or was there a official statement by VW.
Old 11th June 2020, 02:35   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
T-Rocs at NCR dealers' stockyard.

Two wolves from Wolfsburg in a sheep pen!
Just to clarify, I believe the T-Rocs we get are manufactured in Portugal, not Wolfsburg.
Old 11th June 2020, 02:45   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristis2008 View Post
Red color is not offered here in India. Wonder if that energetic orange has so much energy that it has started looking like red😉. I never understood why they even have that color for this car!

Indeed, chrome treatment isn't good.
I spotted it outside India. Looks like Indian version also has those full chrome overload package.
Old 11th June 2020, 10:36   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Just to clarify, I believe the T-Rocs we get are manufactured in Portugal, not Wolfsburg.
Hahaha I know. It was just a pun on the home of VW.
Old 11th June 2020, 15:14   #506
BHPian

Quote:
What is the source of this information. Did you hear from the dealer or was there a official statement by VW.
No official statement, hence the "apparently", but this came from one of the head honchos of the dealers who we have been pestering. Could be an arbitrary date just to get us off their backs as well, but this is what they told us.
Old 11th June 2020, 15:21   #507
BHPian

I visited VW Safdarjung today to take a look at the T-Roc. The SA (Devender) who I have been in touch with had confirmed last night that I could have a test drive. The issue it seems was the local registrations of the demo cars.

My thoughts are below

Design: The car is very distinctive and does genuinely stand out vis-a-vis its direct competitors (Seltos/Creta and Compass) and I love the Audi-esque lines. The car available was in Ravenna Blue and the colour shines beautifully in the sharp Delhi sun and brings out the character lines really nicely. I think the design is the T-Roc's strongest characteristic.

I love the exterior and would give it an A+.

Size and Dimensions: The car does seem shorter in height compared to its competition and does lack presence from sheer size pov. This might be a downer for those looking for a Compass like road presence.

I initially thought that the 1819mm width would be a problem but the car almost shrinks around you and tight lanes aren't a problem at all. This is helped by the very responsive steering which makes it really easy to manoeuvre and the car didn't feel unmanageable at all. However squeezing the car into tight parking spaces might be an issue. The car does come with a park assist and the front parking sensors do a great job at guiding you.

The size is ideal for me and I would give it an A.

Interior: This is where I feel most people have had issues and I was no exception. The hard plastics are everywhere. The average person might not notice but it'll stand out to those in the know. The "new"-ness and the shiny-ness of the plastics did make the quality, or lack thereof, more obvious. However you don't notice it once you get settled and it's a great place to be in as a driver with a well laid out cabin. The multi-tone leather is 'different' but not ugly from any angle. I guess it depends on taste.

The infotainment is very intuitive and takes no more than a minute to get used to. The Active Info Display is amazing. The screen is bright and there's almost no glare in direct sun. The information displayed is very detailed and it is leagues better than our 2017 GLC's driver's display. The buttons and dials for the climate control are sturdy but could have been better damped.

The seat comfort is as good as our GLC with good cushioning and well padded side and thigh support. The cushioning on the door elbow rest however could have done with a little more padding. The rear seats are equally good with good recline and are easy to get comfortable in. My father and I (both 5'7") could sit comfortably behind each other so the rear space is on par with the competition and should work for the majority of customers. Rear armrest is very well cushioned as well and the rear AC vents are very well built and are as powerful as the front.

The overall build quality is top notch as you would expect from a CBU VW. The doors are nice and heavy and close with a good thud. Not a single creak from any of the fittings. The quality of the car and the interior (barring the plastics lol) does make it feel worth the premium above the Seltos and Creta.

I would give the interior a B+

Driving: The car is great to drive. No questions. It surprisingly had Michelin Primacy 4s fitted. We couldn't drive it enthusiastically but the car is great for city driving from our short test drive. The suspension and ride is marginally firmer (compared to the GLC) which may be noticeable on deeper potholes or road cracks. The car however feels quite sporty to drive. The power delivery is good and the bulk of it kicks in at around 2000 rpm. The gear box is really responsive and is buttery smooth. No jerkiness or kangaroo effect at lower gears. The driving experience is a good mix between sporty and comfy. However those looking for a really plush ride might want to reconsider.

I would give the driving experience an A+

Overall Verdict: I think the good things I've said about it are an indication that I really liked it. I won't compare it to the Seltos and Creta since I think it does better in every aspect compared to them. Yes even the plastics. It does lose in some places compared to the Jeep Limited Plus on some counts (interiors mostly) but is a good 2L cheaper too. It's a great product and a shining debut from VW in this segment.

I have decided to go ahead with the car and have ordered it in Black and will share pictures as soon as I take delivery. I've been told delivery will be by end of the month but no specific date given.

Pictures are below
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3787.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3793.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3800.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3795.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3788.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3789.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3796.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3797.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3803.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3804.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3805.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3801.jpg  

The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-img_3802.jpg  

AamodB is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 15:31   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Overall Verdict: I think the good things I've said about it are an indication that I really liked it. I won't compare it to the Seltos and Creta since I think it does better in every aspect compared to them. Yes even the plastics. It does lose in some places compared to the Jeep Limited Plus on some counts (interiors mostly) but is a good 2L cheaper too. It's a great product and a shining debut from VW in this segment.

I have decided to go ahead with the car and have ordered it in Black and will share pictures as soon as I take delivery. I've been told delivery will be by end of the month but no specific date given.

Pictures are below
Thanks for a first drive review. Great to know that it drives well. Is the Engine really quick and eager as reported. Does it really zip if you press it and the brakes how was the bite and feel?

Compass Limited Plus 4x4 Diesel Is 30L OTR in Bangalore. A full 5L more than the TROC.

Another thing I noticed is that the boot space atleast on paper is bigger than the Compass.

It's just the plastics and the lack of cruise control that's stopping me. Let's see which way it goes

Looking forward to your owners thread soon. Congrats on making your decision.
Old 11th June 2020, 16:21   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for a first drive review. Great to know that it drives well. Is the Engine really quick and eager as reported. Does it really zip if you press it and the brakes how was the bite and feel?
The engine is really eager and definitely worthy of its place in an enthusiast's garage. It is ready to go from the time you touch the accelerator and picks up really well once you push it a little. It would have been one of the best engines available if it had a little more torque. ECU tune might solve this but it'll be a challenge if the gearbox is indeed a DQ200. C'est la vie.
Overall it doesn't ever feel unruly and and is really quiet at the same time. NVH is negligible. Quite a refined engine and it definitely ranks high amongst the ones I've driven.

The brakes are fantastic and the bite is really good. I didn't mention it in the review because I think most of the sharpness comes from the brakes being new. But nonetheless they are very responsive and should be great even after they're run in.

Quote:
Compass Limited Plus 4x4 Diesel Is 30L OTR in Bangalore. A full 5L more than the TROC.
Sorry, forgot to mention that I was comparing it to the Limited Plus Petrol AT which is roughly 25.5 on-road in Delhi.

Quote:
Looking forward to your owners thread soon. Congrats on making your decision.
Thanks! I'll be sure to make it an interesting read!
AamodB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 16:25   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The engine is really eager and definitely worthy of its place in an enthusiast's garage. It is ready to go from the time you touch the accelerator and picks up really well once you push it a little. It would have been one of the best engines available if it had a little more torque. ECU tune might solve this but it'll be a challenge if the gearbox is indeed a DQ200. C'est la vie.
Overall it doesn't ever feel unruly and and is really quiet at the same time. NVH is negligible. Quite a refined engine and it definitely ranks high amongst the ones I've driven.

The brakes are fantastic and the bite is really good. I didn't mention it in the review because I think most of the sharpness comes from the brakes being new. But nonetheless they are very responsive and should be great even after they're run in.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I was comparing it to the Limited Plus Petrol AT which is roughly 25.5 on-road in Delhi.

Thanks! I'll be sure to make it an interesting read!
Bangalore Test Drives will begin only next week. Just had a word with my SA at PPS, the car is pending a PDI although they have been able to code it and activate it.

Seems like cars are now like SIM cards that need activation

Thanks for your reply, I am eager to test drive it and will make up my mind post that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks