Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2020, 12:46   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Come on VW, with your reputation for German precision, you cannot quote kerb weight including the driver's weight- a driver may be a bantam weight guy at 50 kg or a heavy weight one at 100+ kg!
If we assume the weight to be 1270Kgs without a driver, then Ecosport Petrol Automatic is too heavy (1300) for its size or T-Roc is too light for its size. Looking through the kerb weight of many vehicles now was an interesting experience nevertheless.
Old 1st June 2020, 22:34   #437
Senior - BHPian

Detailed Walkaround
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 07:39   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen T-Roc sold out in India

1,000 car quota spoken for in around 40 days.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 08:01   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Volkswagen T-Roc sold out in India

1,000 car quota spoken for in around 40 days.
Looks like the launch price of the Skoda Karoq was all the promotion VW needed! .

Hope VW considers CKD assembly at the earliest - before bookings are open again for the next lot.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 09:41   #440
Senior - BHPian

When are the test drives starting. Anyone has any idea. I was told that the PDI has to be done and the test drives will start after that. This was last week. No update after that.
Old 2nd June 2020, 09:57   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
When are the test drives starting. Anyone has any idea. I was told that the PDI has to be done and the test drives will start after that. This was last week. No update after that.
I was told the same. SA was saying that all features may not be seen because of that.

Also, he was mentioning that the deliveries may actually take upto 2 months.
Old 2nd June 2020, 10:18   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hey Vidyut, can you share your perspective on the interiors (hard plastics et al.) compared to the head on competitors i.e. top end Seltos/Creta, and Jeep Compass DCT?

For e.g. I never heard anybody complain about torsion beam setup on Corolla, but we heard a lot of complaints on the same topic for Octavia TD - even though the two cars are pitted directly against each other.

What is your take, buddy?
The T-ROC interiors are not bad per se when compared to Kia or Hyundai but it is not what you would expect from a VW.

The interior plastics are closer to Polo than Octavia which is where it's priced at.

The Compass has softer touch materials and better quality feel but the fit and finish is not as good.

The Seltos is close but the VW just feels tighter.

The torsion beam nobody complains in the Corolla as the Corolla clientele is not the same as a T-ROC. You can see the superiority of the multi link in the Compass vs the Seltos.

Only when you drive both will you realise how superior the multi link is. Else the T-ROC won't be bad or glaringly obvious till you drive the multilink.

In case of Octavia, you could make out the petrol Octavia with multi link was far superior than the diesel. However if you drove just the diesel you would not really find anything obvious to point out.

The major difference is in the way both suspensions handle mid corner bumps when driven hard. Day to day driving you might not realise at all which is which.
Vid6639 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 14:39   #443
BHPian

I was passing by a VW showroom this morning and happened to see a Display vehicle in the showroom. On the way back, I decided to stop and take a look at the car. In fact, I have already booked the T-Roc in a different VW showroom in March itself.

Here’s my first impression of the vehicle:
  1. Exterior: Looks chubby and bold. I really liked the looks of it although the car seems to be more of a Cross and less of an SUV. It’s modern and pretty appealing.
  2. Interior: The leather seats looked ok. The driver seats are comfortable but the car indeed has a huge transmission tunnel making it a strictly for 4 proposition. The rear leg space is adequate, but definitely space is on the premium.
  3. Yes. It’s indeed true. Cruise Control could not be found. Well, this one seems to be a sore miss. The Polo continues to have it, but not the T-Roc. Are you kidding me, VW?

All in all, I felt the car came short of my expectations and I walked away disappointed. It may be a great car to drive, but overall as a package, I am not quite sure if it cuts for most people who need a good family SUV
hellraizer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 17:28   #444
BHPian

Quote:
All in all, I felt the car came short of my expectations and I walked away disappointed. It may be a great car to drive, but overall as a package, I am not quite sure if it cuts for most people who need a good family SUV

This definitely is not for people considering an SUV for the family. It's more for young couples with one or two small kids or catering to a larger segment of those whose attitudes reflect the vehicle they drive, including the enthusiasts. People obviously have found the price of 20L very attractive for a feature loaded CBU SUV from a brand like VW and with a great TSI mill delivering good performance.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd June 2020 at 17:34. Reason: fixed the quote tags
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 18:01   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
. Cruise Control could not be found. Well, this one seems to be a sore miss. The Polo continues to have it, but not the T-Roc. Are you kidding me, VW? [/list]
I have owned cars with cruise control in India since probably 9 years or so. And in the many tens of thousands of kms of highway driving, I have used the cruise control (and enjoyed it) for less than 100km. Its just not a thing for our road and traffic patterns , I feel. Its okay to occasionally give rest to your driving foot, but never allows you to relax enough to enjoy the drive, take in the sights etc as you would in a country like say, the USA.
Its not a must-have, deal breaker kinda of a feature in my honest opinion.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 2nd June 2020 at 18:02.
fhdowntheline is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 18:07   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Its not a must-have, deal breaker kinda of a feature in my honest opinion.
It may not be a deal breaker, I agree, but certainly a sore miss for me. I have used it and it's certainly useful once you know how to use it. I know that the conditions in India does not allow you to use it frequently, but it's certainly useful to have it on an automatic.
Old 2nd June 2020, 19:14   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
It may not be a deal breaker, I agree, but certainly a sore miss for me. I have used it and it's certainly useful once you know how to use it. I know that the conditions in India does not allow you to use it frequently, but it's certainly useful to have it on an automatic.
Agree whole heartedly. It is an absolute must have for me. The important thing is, while you may not be able to cruise for long in India, even if you are able to use it for 2 minutes, it gives your right foot a much needed chance to flex and stretch, which is so important in those long distance drives. Especially if you are in your 40s and above
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 20:49   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Agree whole heartedly. It is an absolute must have for me. The important thing is, while you may not be able to cruise for long in India, even if you are able to use it for 2 minutes, it gives your right foot a much needed chance to flex and stretch, which is so important in those long distance drives. Especially if you are in your 40s and above
I was shocked to find out the absence of Criuse control myself. I was actually hunting for it and hoping it would be hidden somewhere. Even the SA was surprised. It is a big miss. The heated seats are absolutely not needed here and they included that instead. I think that heated seats option has also firmed up the leather to the point that it does not even feel like leather. It's not supple and soft to touch at all.

One can certainly use it on open expressways and I have had good experiences driving across the length of the country with this feature.

Even a small distance takes the pressure off your legs and feet and that really helps. The fuel economy also improves drastically when its engaged.

At this price point this is a must have feature for me.
Old 2nd June 2020, 21:42   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

T ROC opens its sales account in the May-20 sales chart!

Name:  b1.PNG
Views: 2613
Size:  38.0 KB

Source:AutoPunditz
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 21:48   #450
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen sells almost all of the 1000 imported units of the T-Roc with only a few units left.

More on this here:- https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-417480 (Source - Autocar India)
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks