Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2019, 17:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh

The Jeep Compass is now available in Sport Plus trim, which is priced at Rs. 15.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-exterior_front_.jpg

The Sport Plus variant comes equipped with 16-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, rear parking sensors and black roof rails. The Jeep Compass is offered with an electronic parking brake with disc brakes on all four wheels and Frequency Selective Damping that mechanically adjusts the damping based on road conditions and driver inputs.

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-exterior_rear.jpg

The Compass Sport Plus is available with a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 171 BHP and 350 Nm of peak torque and a 1.4-litre, turbocharged petrol engine that puts out 160 BHP and 250 Nm of torque. Both engines come paired with a 6-speed manual transmission that drives the front wheels.

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-roof-rails.jpg

Some of the safety features offered on the Sport Plus variant include ABS with EBD, ESC, traction control, Hill Start Assist and Electronic Rollover Mitigation (ERM). It also comes with Dynamic Steering Torque Steering (DST) and Rain Brake Support that keeps the brake discs dry by electronically engaging the brake pads with the discs.

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-16-inch-alloy-wheel.jpg

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-full-dash.jpg

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-centre-stack.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 17:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

This Sport Plus variant is fantastic value for money! Has all the essentials, basic safety features, ACC, Alloys, and a decent HU.

Some extras like LEDs and projector lamps, electrically foldable mirrors are missing, but overall this is a good move by Jeep to counter the Harrier. And in any case the base variant, Sport, is very bare bones and I doubt if anyone spending 20 lakhs would accept such low level of equipment! I also assume that the sport variant would have been the lowest selling variant of the compass.
So this new variant would surely bring about some additional numbers for the compass.
motorworks is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 18:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
This Sport Plus variant is fantastic value for money!
True.

Very nice variant which has all the essential missing elements from the earlier base variant - alloy wheels, ACC, parking sensors etc - at a premium of 60k.

Commercial for the new Sport Plus variant -

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th April 2019 at 05:47. Reason: As per RP
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 09:35   #4
BANNED

Re: Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh

Being priced at Rs 15.99 lakh and 16.99 lakh for the petrol and diesel variant respectively, Sport Plus will come at an extra cost of up to Rs 59,000 over the Sport variant.
The production of this new Sport Plus will extend the lower-end range of the Jeep Compass which offers the customers with a limited budget more choices.
I guess since the newly-launched Tata Harrier is likely to push Jeep to run their game with a new reasonably-priced variant.
Name:  2019jeepcompasstopview88ea.png
Views: 6541
Size:  570.0 KB
IndianAutoEnthu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 10:14   #5
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I guess other than Android Auto/Carplay, this car has it all. One can always get the front fog lamps fitted from the showroom and complete the look. Yes, projectors and LED parking lights are good to have but nothing you can't live without. If I had a Fiat service centre in my City and had to decide between the Harrier top-end, the Creta top end and this variant of the Compass, the choice would be obvious for me.
AYP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 11:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
This Sport Plus variant is fantastic value for money!
This variant makes sense for those considering the 2WD Cretas / Harriers. But Jeep should offer an entry level AWD as well. Just to get the AWD, I have to pay a premium for features not essential to me! I wouldn't even mind it in the base Sport variant with steelies.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 12:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Someone in my apartment bought this variant about 3-4 weeks back. I saw the alloy wheels with Sport badge and thought the alloys are accessory. With slew of SUV to be launched in this space, Compass has started to feel the heat. That said being a first mover they have already created a fan base.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 12:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
This variant makes sense for those considering the 2WD Cretas / Harriers. But Jeep should offer an entry level AWD as well. Just to get the AWD, I have to pay a premium for features not essential to me! I wouldn't even mind it in the base Sport variant with steelies.
You have to pay for 4*4/Panaromic sunroof to get 6 airbags as well . FCA should really make the 6 airbags available on Limited 4*2.
neoonwheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 14:08   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It's 20 lakhs on the road in Mumbai. Very good VFM for what is a brilliantly engineered product. And that's before the discounts which will inevitably start (on this variant) in a short while.

Agreed with BHPians that it has all the essentials, although I'd miss Android Auto, additional airbags & the auto-dimming IRVM the most. Then, there are the nice-to-have features (auto-headlamps, auto-wipers, sunroof) which one naturally expects after spending 20 big ones. Still, a good car for those who don't want to spend over 20. On the open road, the diesel will have you .
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 14:48   #10
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel rather than introducing a Sport Plus variant they could have introduced the additional features in the Sport variant itself and absorbed the cost while reducing the discount a bit. This would save on upfront taxes as well.

It is a good variant and yes the Diesel is the one to have but discounts have to be waited for.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 14:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

A few real life photos of the Sports Plus from my side.

Definitely good value. I guess this will turn out to be the new base version. The Sports variant will only be available for advertising purpose.

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1554456272.569449.jpg

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1554456291.563494.jpg

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1554456311.116140.jpg

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1554456327.622204.jpg

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1554456344.807350.jpg

Jeep Compass Sport Plus variant launched at Rs. 15.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1554456359.874445.jpg

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 5th April 2019 at 14:59.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 13:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

What a poor design and feel of ICE. In a 18-19 Lac on-road priced machine this is unjustified.

Just for the sake of providing something to make it look complete, JEEP has actually made a mockery of itself. Market pressures and competition is here to stay and such actions are not going to help the cause any which way !
i74js is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 15:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
What a poor design and feel of ICE. In a 18-19 Lac on-road priced machine this is unjustified
I completely agree! That UConnect display does stick out a sore thumb on the dash. Today, when cars from lower segments have floating screens, this could be a big turnoff, especially for the feature-obsessed India car buyer. However, for a discerning customer, the Jeep has a lot to offer. The build quality is superior to every other offering around that price bracket, the car is well-engineered and the interiors though lacking in gizmos and jazz, are well put together. Even the paint quality is astonishing and the shut lines are really tight. The Sport Plus does not get more than 2 airbags but all All-Wheel Disc Brakes and the host of other safety features can't be overlooked. My daily drive is a car built like a tank - the Laura, and Linea before that. So I find most cars light on build quality. But the moment I opened the door of the Jeep Compass on display, I exclaimed 'this feels heavy'!
greenoval is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 16:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post

You are in the best of both worlds my friend. Jeep is discounting massively on the 4*4 limited variants. Last heard 3 lakhs off. So you probably get a decently specced variant with a 4*4 for similar money you would spend if the Sport Plus was kitted with a 4*4. Not to forget additional safety of the 6 airbags.

Sadly 4*4's do not sell in large numbers and Jeep may never bring it down to the base variants.

I guess they will bring their automatics to at least the mid variants. This will help them sell decent numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
What a poor design and feel of ICE. In a 18-19 Lac on-road priced machine this is unjustified.

Just for the sake of providing something to make it look complete, JEEP has actually made a mockery of itself. Market pressures and competition is here to stay and such actions are not going to help the cause any which way !

Agree. Size does matter in the Indian market. Jeep will soon realise that their touch screens sell more than any other feature on their cars. Should soon expect a standard size across the line up.
Hopefully.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 9th April 2019 at 16:34.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 16:46   #15
BHPian

Jeep is desperately trying to cover lost ground in the past few months. I think its time they launch the Renegade and increase their product portfolio. You should not put all your eggs in one basket.
Had really high hopes for the Jeep brand but the Spark is just fizzling away. I really wish they get back in the game somehow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks