Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2021, 09:36   #76
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 1.9L 4x4 AT spied. EDIT : Now Launched at Rs. 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
This hi lander variant is very exciting news.

But i sat in the rear bench of a friend's Isuzu for a brief period in the mountains and here is my feedback:

1. Gearing seems messed up. 1st is too short and 2nd is far away.

2. Rear seats are terrible.

3. It really is a giant in the mountains, both width and length. Very tough to back up and let army trucks through on a half carriageway lol.

4. City usage will be nil.

I am keen, hence this is just feedback for myself. I think most owners would have fixed all this "feedback"?
I a myself contemplating the thought of buying one, given that a base variant will be launched in India and that too at an extremely competitive pricing. It will be mostly driven in the remote areas of Uttrakhand, Himachal.

1. How was the ride quality with 5 people on board and also their luggage sitting in the Boot.
2. Did you feel that 2.5L does enough justice to the size of the UTE or you felt if it was just a bit more powerful.

I so wish if it is priced around 15L with 4x4. I am happy to live with Halogen Lamps and less gizmos. For me it is more of Functionality and less about the Form. Because a lower price point allows me to upgrade the Suspension/Wheels and Tires plus an ARB AIR LOCKER.

Last edited by swunkjyn : 4th April 2021 at 09:38. Reason: Added more comments
swunkjyn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 11:09   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 1.9L 4x4 AT spied. EDIT : Now Launched at Rs. 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
I a myself contemplating the thought of buying one, given that a base variant will be launched in India and that too at an extremely competitive pricing. It will be mostly driven in the remote areas of Uttrakhand, Himachal.

1. How was the ride quality with 5 people on board and also their luggage sitting in the Boot.
2. Did you feel that 2.5L does enough justice to the size of the UTE or you felt if it was just a bit more powerful.

I so wish if it is priced around 15L with 4x4. I am happy to live with Halogen Lamps and less gizmos. For me it is more of Functionality and less about the Form. Because a lower price point allows me to upgrade the Suspension/Wheels and Tires plus an ARB AIR LOCKER.
I am almost echoing your thoughts but i begin to feel that if you are not lugging a house and two families on every trip you make, then the Isuzu begins to make less common sense and more passion.

The Thar also seems to start creeping back into the consideration list quite strongly (also suggested by said isuzu owner).
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 11:11   #78
BHPian

What is important to note is, advertisement talks about both V-Cross and Hi Lander. Not V Cross - High Lander variant. So, is it safe to assume that SCAB will come with private registration variant (Hi Lander)?
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 1.9L 4x4 AT spied. EDIT : Now Launched at Rs. 19.99 lakhs-hi-landar.png  

CkmGowda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 09:48   #79
KPR
BANNED

Will S-Cab with 4x4 called Highlander variant become the cheapest 4x4 to own? Proper
5 passenger seating capacity and 4x4 prowess not bad at all as compared to Thar.
Old 5th April 2021, 12:32   #80
BHPian

If going by posts on the thread, my guess is

old gen will continue as Hi-Lander variant?
1. BS6 2.5L engine with Manual and 5-AT gearbox?
2. 130 bhp, 280 Nm?
3. 4x2 and 4x4?
4. Cheapened out interiors (seat fabric, trim panels etc) shared with existing S-Cab?
5. 15-20L OTR?

new gen will be introduced as V-Cross variant?
1. BS6 1.9L engine with 6-AT gearbox?
2. 150 bhp, 350 Nm?
3. 4x4 only?
4. Leather Interiors?
5. CKD from Thailand?
6. 30L OTR?
Comrade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 16:37   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
If going by posts on the thread, my guess is

old gen will continue as Hi-Lander variant?
1. BS6 2.5L engine with Manual and 5-AT gearbox?

new gen will be introduced as V-Cross variant?
1. BS6 1.9L engine with 6-AT gearbox?
The 2.5L engine is OUT as its was not BS6 compliant. So the Hi-Lander will get the 1.9L Bs6 engine with Manual and AT box.

The new-gen will come with the 3.0L engine. This has not been showcased/spied yet as the units have not landed.
prasanna.vps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 16:54   #82
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the older variant will now be called Hi Lander and the new generation one will the V-Cross. I like this strategy. Without diluting the brand, they have found a way to continue making money from their existing plant investment. A cheap 4x4 definitely has takers. The Hilander if it comes in automatic may just convert the people who are doubtful about Thar's second row and luggage carrying abilities.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 20:18   #83
BHPian

Quote:
The Thar also seems to start creeping back into the consideration list quite strongly (also suggested by said isuzu owner).
The Thar is certainly a strong alternative, but is impractical for carrying anything beyond 4 passengers. Besides, deep in their heart, many enthusiasts (certainly this poster) always wanted to own a pickup truck.

Request to members to use "S-Cab" instead of "Scab" please
Old 5th April 2021, 21:07   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I am almost echoing your thoughts but i begin to feel that if you are not lugging a house and two families on every trip you make, then the Isuzu begins to make less common sense and more passion.

We had GYPSY King for a long time and be it side-facing or front-facing seats, it was not comfortable for my Mother and Sister. Plus getting inside and outside was not ergonomic either so even though the heart says Yes to New Mahindra Thar, Mind said a big "NO". Now with the addition of 2 more family members (Wife and Daughter), I am looking at a vehicle which has a wide second row. Currently the only thing that holds me and my Parents doing regular trips to our Village is our current vehicle. My Dad owns 2nd gen Alto 800 and I own an Alto K10 1st Gen.
That is why I am more or less inclined towards ISUZU. It has a good boot space, wide second row, great visibility, 4WD with open Diff Locks (Open in the current gen, I think the Next Gen has Lockable central diff). As I am also into farming so this vehicle can purposely serve me really well for carrying a lot of things. If this is priced under 15 Lakhs or 16 Lakhs, by adding another 4 Lakhs, I can amplify the off road capability and daily ride quality on the road.
swunkjyn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 07:36   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
If this is priced under 15 Lakhs or 16 Lakhs, by adding another 4 Lakhs, I can amplify the off road capability and daily ride quality on the road.
I too am on the same boat, have been contemplating in buying a pick up truck with strong 4x4 capabilities. My current ride, an Scross 1.6 has really spoilt us with excellent ride capabilities, the V-Cross in the stock form would definitely be a bit of a downer for sure.
Totally a noob in the 4x4 scenario, but what all modifications in terms of suspension would one need to do to make the ride more comfortable. Are the aftermarket parts available readily in India?
The first thing I would do is swap out the stock tyres and rims to something better.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 6th April 2021 at 07:38.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 08:08   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

There is another Isuzu thread where a forum member has posted with credible information that the hi lander variant will NOT be 4*4.

If such is the case, then the Isuzu is duly out of consideration list.
Old 8th April 2021, 22:32   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I too am on the same boat, have been contemplating in buying a pick up truck with strong 4x4 capabilities. My current ride, an Scross 1.6 has really spoilt us with excellent ride capabilities, the V-Cross in the stock form would definitely be a bit of a downer for sure.
Totally a noob in the 4x4 scenario, but what all modifications in terms of suspension would one need to do to make the ride more comfortable. Are the aftermarket parts available readily in India?
The first thing I would do is swap out the stock tyres and rims to something better.
https://bimbra.in/ have been some great modifiers or you can check on Youtube for some great in-house modifiers based in Thailand and Malaysia.
1. If it is the old version of ISUZU, I may go for a Canopy. Will have to check if there are no legal issues with it from RTO. If there are, then will have the boot-lid only.
2. I'll lower the size of the rims by an inch so that I can go for typrs will a bit longer sidewall.
3. Suspension upgrade over the current one, most likely TJM or Old Man Emu from ARB.
4. I'll see how much do I need the Airlocker, if needed will go for an AirLocker from ARB.
5. Lights, I'll go with Aux lights but halogen only, never a fan of LED.
6. Long Rage fuel Tank so that do not have to be worried about refueling the tank again and again.
swunkjyn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 00:37   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Experience it in the stock form for sometime , use it for your intended purpose and then you will have a clear picture as to whether it needs any suspension mods at all. It rides well for a pickup truck , but the rear seats may or may not suit your need, best to check it out over a longer test drive.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 14:20   #89
BHPian

Spotted the new DMAX during and advertisement shoot today morning in cyber city
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 1.9L 4x4 AT spied. EDIT : Now Launched at Rs. 19.99 lakhs-img_20210411_14183450.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross 1.9L 4x4 AT spied. EDIT : Now Launched at Rs. 19.99 lakhs-img_20210411_14181898.jpg  

twin-turbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 23:45   #90
BHPian

Though this is related to the Next-Gen ISUZU D-Max V-Cross, it seems the newer model and not the one being discussed here, has a good ride quality.

Quote:
The front control arms have been raised for reduced roll and improved stability, while the removal of a leaf spring at the rear is said to reduce back-end floatiness when the load bed is empty. It has worked, too: the D-Max doesn’t wander or twitch on a straight road, and even with no payload, the rear axle doesn’t bounce over potholes and bumps. Impressive, too, are the minimal amount of lean when taking tight turns at speed and the town-friendly turning circle.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review...2021-uk-review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks