Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2019, 11:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW Joy Rewards: Reduced maintenance costs for 5+ year old BMWs

BMW India has introduced an aftersales scheme called BMW Joy Rewards. As part of this programme, BMW is offering discounts on service costs and spare parts.

BMW Joy Rewards: Reduced maintenance costs for 5+ year old BMWs-01-image-bmw-joy-rewards.jpg

According to the company, the Joy Rewards scheme has been designed keeping in mind the requirements of customers who own a car for more than 5 years. The benefits range from 14% to 30% discount on the service cost and select parts. The benefits / rewards increase over the years of ownership and reduce the cost of maintenance. Joy Rewards can be availed every time the car is sent to a BMW authorized service centre for repairs and maintenance.

BMW Joy Rewards: Reduced maintenance costs for 5+ year old BMWs-02-image-bmw-joy-rewards.jpg

BMW Joy Rewards can be availed on select parts and labour charges. It includes Condition Based Service (CBS), battery replacement, select suspension parts, front and rear brakes, brake fluid, spark plug, air filter, fuel filter, engine oil, etc.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 20th March 2019 at 12:01.
TusharK is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 16:56   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW Joy Rewards: Reduced maintenance costs for 5+ year old BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
According to the company, the Joy Rewards scheme has been designed keeping in mind the requirements of customers who own a car for more than 5 years. The benefits range from 14% to 30% discount on the service cost and select parts.
Would be keen to know more as I usually keep my cars for 8 - 10 years. For such a complex car, my first choice would always be the authorised workshop. At about the 5 year mark is when owners (whether 1st owner or 2nd) start sending their cars to independent garages due to the cost difference. BMW wants to retain these guys.

Don't know if it will be enough to hold knowledgeable customers from looking elsewhere, because even standard stuff like brake pads cost half as much outside (or even 70% lesser) for the exact same part from the exact same brand.

Last edited by Zappo : 20th March 2019 at 19:08. Reason: Quote fixed
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 23:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good initiative by BMW India.

Now as a owner of X1 with 10 year BSI Plus, BMW should make BSI even more affordable or better. Like including wheel alignment, weights, etc to do justice to current BSI owners.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 07:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Good initiative by BMW India.

Now as a owner of X1 with 10 year BSI Plus, BMW should make BSI even more affordable or better. Like including wheel alignment, weights, etc to do justice to current BSI owners.
I was thinking on the same lines. Loyal customers who have opted for BSI packs should also be passed some benefits since they would be technically paying more now compared to a regular non BSI customer.
Old 21st March 2019, 11:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

This is nothing but right pricing the service and parts cost for the customers they are losing to FNGs. In the first 5 years people have either opted for BSIs or many have at least taken 4-5 year warranty and to keep warranty intact they will put up with the exorbitant service costs of BMW. Post 5 years / typical warranty periods there is lesser incentive for them to service at BMW. Just like heavy selling price discounts for overpriced cars, this is a service price discount for the areas where they are losing business and revenue and therefore see an opportunity.

It is a good move of course. Personally if the delta between FNG and BMW discounted price is palatable I would still be inclined to go to BMW. But if you have a massively trustworthy FNG you have been using a while, no reason why you should not continue to patronise them in the 6-10 year period of ownership.
Axe77 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 17:32   #6
BHPian

It's a very wise initiative by BMW. I own a pre-owned BMW 530D off 2011 , so I feel it's a right step taken by BMW India to retain their old customers as well. Secondly I also feel if we do our routine services with BMW it's not so expensive ( basic oil and filter ).
LEOMAN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:06   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Pretty cool. The discount slab goes up with the age of the car.
BMW Joy Rewards: Reduced maintenance costs for 5+ year old BMWs-infinity-cars.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 20:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Pretty cool. The discount slab goes up with the age of the car.
Looked pretty cool till I read the T&C on pamphlet at BMW Workshop.

Valid on CBS Jobs, wiper blades, batteries and vibration damper.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 14:13   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Valid on CBS Jobs, wiper blades, batteries and vibration damper.
I'll take them up on the battery offer . Reason = can't use regular batteries in the car, and there is an entire process (stupidly) for mating a new battery to the car. Believe it or not, a battery change requires an overnight visit .

For regular work, I'll stick with Infinity BMW because Maverick5490 is heading their Turbhe workshop. For major repairs (which I hopefully won't see, considering BMW's good reliability), I'll take a call on a case-to-case basis.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 14:29   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'll take them up on the battery offer . Reason = can't use regular batteries in the car, and there is an entire process (stupidly) for mating a new battery to the car. Believe it or not, a battery change requires an overnight visit .
Yea even my car has now run 55k kms in 5 years and would be up for a battery change anytime now. Any idea why does the battery change takes so long with this car? I was told they have to first connect it to spare, change the original battery and then recalibrate everything. Is this for real or just a dressed up version from BMW to ensure that the customer comes to them for the battery replacement? My FNG was confident he can do the same too and the price quoted was almost 50% lesser.

Also almost all new launches these days have most of the gadgetry that was once exclusive to the luxury car makers. Do they too need to go through the same tedious process? If not what and where is the difference?
Old 23rd May 2019, 16:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yea even my car has now run 55k kms in 5 years and would be up for a battery change anytime now. Any idea why does the battery change takes so long with this car? I was told they have to first connect it to spare, change the original battery and then recalibrate everything. Is this for real or just a dressed up version from BMW to ensure that the customer comes to them for the battery replacement?
Guys, BMW is not fleecing you. The intelligent charging system in these cars continuously monitors the battery health and adapts the charging profile to suit the current condition of the battery. It needs a reset to know that the battery has been changed, otherwise the life of the replaced battery will be severely reduced. The overnight visit seems unnecessary though.

AGM batteries are the real deal in terms of long life. Drmohitg, my 320d battery is nearing 6 years old (from production) and shows no sign of going any time soon. A battery test was done at BMW and it showed it to be in good condition. So I think you should be good for a couple more years unless you have have been putting undue strain on it (excessive starts, extended idle periods with no usage, running accessories while the engine is off etc).

See this page from BMW repair manuals on AGM batteries, which shows that regular flooded batteries are expected to reach 50% of original capacity after just 30k km of use, while AGM batteries can retain up to 70% of their original capacity even after 70k KMs!

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ttery/1LiMpr2r
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 19:04   #12
BHPian

Hey guys, is BMW Joy rewards still active?

I tried to register, but it does not send an email or anything.
Old 29th October 2023, 21:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hey guys, is BMW Joy rewards still active?
Yes.

No need for any registration.

When Invoice is raised, system will automatically reduce price as per discount applicable depending on the age of car.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks