Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2019, 19:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata evaluating 8-seat MPV, SUV Coupe based on OMEGA platform

According to a media report, Tata Motors is evaluating an 8-seat MPV and SUV coupe based on the Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced (OMEGA) platform. While these plans are still in the initial stages of evaluation, an 8-seat MPV from the company could compete with the likes of the Mahindra Marazzo and the Toyota Innova Crysta.

Tata evaluating 8-seat MPV, SUV Coupe based on OMEGA platform-tata-suv-coupe.jpg

The OMEGA platform is a scalable architecture than can support models ranging from 4.3 to 4.8 metres in length. These could include 5 and 7-seat SUVs like the Harrier and Buzzard, a full-size sedan and even a 7/8-seat MPV and 5-seat SUV coupe.

The OMEGA architecture is derived from Land Rover's D8 platform that underpins the Discovery Sport. Until now, Tata has revealed two models based this platform namely, the Harrier and the Buzzard - a 7-seat version of the former.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 22:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata evaluating 8-seat MPV, SUV Coupe based on OMEGA platform

While it is good to know that Tata is thinking ahead, I wish Tata would gather up its skirts and sprint to deliver the Harriers pronto. The Tata dealership in my probably tier 3 or 4 town does not have a display vehicle yet, let alone a test drive vehicle. I havent seen a single Harrier in my town till now. All the buzz they created prior to launch will fizzle out and Harrier will have the same fate as Hexa. Contrast this to the Honda dealership in my town which had the Civic launch with a display vehicle on the same day as the national launch.
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 14:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata evaluating 8-seat MPV, SUV Coupe based on OMEGA platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
While it is good to know that Tata is thinking ahead, I wish Tata would gather up its skirts and sprint to deliver the Harriers pronto. The Tata dealership in my probably tier 3 or 4 town does not have a display vehicle yet, let alone a test drive vehicle. I havent seen a single Harrier in my town till now. All the buzz they created prior to launch will fizzle out and Harrier will have the same fate as Hexa. Contrast this to the Honda dealership in my town which had the Civic launch with a display vehicle on the same day as the national launch.
I live in Delhi and saw the Harrier for the first time yesterday on the road !
Absolute shocker from Tata in terms of deliveries i feel. Losing out on the initial inertia created by sightings when the product is on top of the mind recall.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 14:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
While it is good to know that Tata is thinking ahead, I wish Tata would gather up its skirts and sprint to deliver the Harriers pronto. The Tata dealership in my probably tier 3 or 4 town does not have a display vehicle yet, let alone a test drive vehicle. I havent seen a single Harrier in my town till now. All the buzz they created prior to launch will fizzle out
I am with you on this buddy!

Just yesterday, I inquired about test drive vehicle at the oldest dealership in the Vadodara. They still don't have a display vehicle.

The dealership staff told that it would take one month more to get display vehicle.

This is definitely mismanagement by Tata at dealership levels. How did Tata manage to dispatch roughly 1400 vehicles in this February? I haven't seen a single vehicle on the roads in my city.

Sad to witness situation like this!

I hope, Tata listens to my plea.

Happy Motoring!

Last edited by RedStallion : 9th March 2019 at 14:36.
RedStallion is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks