Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2019, 13:04   #31
BHPian

re: The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L

My office decided to give me a new SUV a few weeks back. So, I went around looking for the cheapest I could find. I work in Kuwait so there are plenty of options. Checked out Suzuki, GAC, Mazda, Geely, etc. Turns out the Renault has the cheapest vehicles in sale here. Which was quite surprising considering Europeans are never really the cheapest.

Took delivery of the Duster a couple of days back. It's the base variant (Obviously). It costs KD3999(INR 9.1L). I like the new interiors. Much better than the previous gen which just felt very budget oriented. This is a much nicer cabin to be in. The top variant is quite loaded with features. 360degree camera, blind-spot assist to name a few. That costs KD6600(INR 15L).
Here are a few pics:-
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190330_100951.jpg  

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190330_101009.jpg  

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190330_101050.jpg  

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190330_101116.jpg  

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190330_101120.jpg  

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190330_101131.jpg  

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190330_101210.jpg  

BraveArc is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 14:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
Took delivery of the Duster a couple of days back. It's the base variant (Obviously). It costs KD3999(INR 9.1L). I like the new interiors. Much better than the previous gen which just felt very budget oriented. This is a much nicer cabin to be in. The top variant is quite loaded with features. 360degree camera, blind-spot assist to name a few. That costs KD6600(INR 15L).
Congratulations on the new car! Yes, the interiors seem better than the previous gen. But the handle is still the old flap/lift type rather than the modern pull type

₹9-15lakh is really at par/higher than in India. I had the impression that it's much cheaper outside. Or is it the Dacia that's cheaper?
Old 30th March 2019, 16:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Congratulations on the new car! Yes, the interiors seem better than the previous gen. But the handle is still the old flap/lift type rather than the modern pull type

₹9-15lakh is really at par/higher than in India. I had the impression that it's much cheaper outside. Or is it the Dacia that's cheaper?
A car is cheaper or not than other country cannot be done based the currency conversion.

One has to take into account the mean income for the class of car as well into consideration and the features and the platform it is based on.
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 11:02   #34
BHPian

2020 Renault Duster (facelift) render by SRK Designs

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterfaceliftrenderingfrontview3c12.jpg

Source
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 21:18   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault is not likely to bring the second generation Duster to India.

However the development of the 3rd generation is likely to be the led by India.

Quote:
So far it is Eastern Europe that has played as the led market since the Duster is a Dacia product - Renault's Romanian subsidiary. But given the regulatory changes and electrification that most European markets will switch to, the Duster's next generation is likely to be more relevant to India and Latin America
The 3rd generation's development will not begin until the second half of next year.

A global debut and market launch will not happen before 2023 at the earliest.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 06:49   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I have said this before and will say it again. Renault India is a rudderless ship floating in the ocean going wherever the current takes it. When the Duster was launched there was really no competition, so they enjoyed the limelight and didn't predict or prepare for the onslaught of CUV that was going to hit them from all sides. And when it did, their feeble response was different editions with different exterior and interior color themes and some silly names like expedition, explorer, I am desperate to sell the duster, etc.. Instead what they needed was to put better interiors, rationalize the spare parts costs, and put a proper automatic instead of the silly AMT in 16 Lakh vehicle.

Last edited by SDP : 16th April 2019 at 07:23. Reason: Typos
4x4addict is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 18:20   #37
BHPian

The new Duster spotted without camouflage by Team Duster India member Digvijay Singh

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-1.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-3.jpg

Cheers

Pawan

Last edited by Aditya : 9th June 2019 at 13:14. Reason: Adding watermarks
PapaBravo is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 18:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
The new Duster spotted without camouflage by Team Duster India member Digvijay Singh

Cheers

Pawan
Am I the only one who feels that the head on picture makes the car look too similar to the Kwid (Maybe due to the colour which seems like what is available with the Kwid Climber Edition)?

This might be good for the Kwid but I think I would actually prefer the Duster without the updates.

Hope they make up for that with some new features to make it on par with rivals.

Regards
Abhinav
Old 8th June 2019, 19:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

What exactly is different except the grill and the rear cladding on the boot. This does not seem like the new version , just a small facelift at best.
Old 8th June 2019, 22:36   #40
BHPian

Traveler; What exactly is different except the grill and the rear cladding on the boot. This does not seem like the new version , just a small facelift at best.

A revised interior with a much better infotainment system according to all the reports which have come out.. Mechanically it's would be unchanged, expecting the 1.5dci might be detuned to meet BS6 emission norms
TSIVTEC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 01:44   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

The exterior changes i can make out from my current generation 2018 Duster with the to be launched BS6 Duster.

Front -

New grille, Slightly redesigned front bumper, newly designed fog-lamp console, projector headlamps.

Overall looks better than the current generation Duster.
The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-desktop2.jpg

Rear-

Few additional plastic cladding's, the chrome cover of the number plate light is now black.

Overall i prefer the rear of the current generation Duster. It looks more neat.

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-desktop1.jpg

Side profile-

New designed alloy wheels.

The new alloys looks better than the one present on the current generation Duster.

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-desktop.jpg

Overall the new one looks better than the current generation Duster, except the tacky looking rear.
But at the end, we all expected the international version, not a mere face-lift on a decade old model.

Last edited by Samba : 9th June 2019 at 01:53.
Samba is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 07:17   #42
BHPian

Renault's all other models have bombed big time, save for the Kwid. They better make an all out effort and fix the biggest flaw in the current Duster, its below par interiors. IMO, Duster is still the most sorted out SUV in the segment and if it gets good quality interiors and an AT, it can give the competition a run for its money.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 10:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
The exterior changes i can make out from my current generation 2018 Duster with the to be launched BS6 Duster.

Front -

New grille, Slightly redesigned front bumper, newly designed fog-lamp console, projector headlamps.

Overall looks better than the current generation Duster.
Attachment 1883181

Rear-

Few additional plastic cladding's, the chrome cover of the number plate light is now black.

Overall i prefer the rear of the current generation Duster. It looks more neat.

Attachment 1883183

Side profile-

New designed alloy wheels.

The new alloys looks better than the one present on the current generation Duster.

Attachment 1883182

Overall the new one looks better than the current generation Duster, except the tacky looking rear.
But at the end, we all expected the international version, not a mere face-lift on a decade old model.
Sir both cars are the same generation. Its just a facelift. Of course Renault will launch it as all the all new next generation Duster ! This is not true though
nik_kapur is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 10:47   #44
Senior - BHPian

The A-pillar looks different in the scoop version, Renault haa reworked the front end to generate space and meet the new safety standards in Europe.
Old 9th June 2019, 15:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The A-pillar looks different in the scoop version, Renault haa reworked the front end to generate space and meet the new safety standards in Europe.
To my eye the A-Pillar looks the same in both the cars. Just the angles at which the pics are taken are slightly different.

When I showed these pics to my wife, her first reaction was that it now looks like the Kwid from the front.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks