Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:45   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
By that analogy, even Scorpio and Bolero should have a better ride than their Monocoque counterparts! Fact is,ride quality depends much more on the type of suspension employed and it's tuning.
Exactly, it depends upon suspension tuning - and that knife cuts both ways. Scorpio, Bolero, my very own TUV 300 - these have hard suspensions.

Now let's take a body on frame such as the Hexa or the Safari. These have soft suspensions which travel a lot. These suspensions eat up most undulations followed by the chassis and their rubber mounts which eat up the rest. The net result is a red carpet ride quality on bad roads.

I don't want to take anything away from how monocoques have been refined these days either. We all know the ride quality of the Duster for instance. But who would actually dare to ride their own monocoque cars roughshod over bad roads? If they do, that'll open my eyes, sure. One wonders how much their annual suspension repairs cost. But the fact that body on frames can be and are actually driven with abandon over bad roads (like I do with mine)...that says something doesn't it?
locusjag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 19:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

The point being that more than 95% of these SUV's will never see the real off-road action, so as long as they are on metaled roads its just their road presence.

Hexa has to now compete with the Seltos, hectors and compass of this world for which its design (not capability) is not only dated but also looks overpriced. TATA has to rethink on how they would like to position it in this market before BS6 kicks in.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 09:44   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
By that analogy, even Scorpio and Bolero should have a better ride than their Monocoque counterparts!

Well it depends on how well the suspension has been designed and in the case of Scorpio/Bolero, it is poorly designed.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 13:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
With no concrete updates from Tata or any media house, its save to assume that Hexa will not get Bs6 updates

Sad to see Tata ignoring the older model as soon as new one comes around, have said this already, but this doesn't inspire confidence in people who own the older one. Indica being ignore was understandable, but Zest had so much potential, yet they wasted a good chance.
I agree, and people wonder why the Innova sells like 8-9 times more. People aren't going to be convinced with Tata if they ditch their older models everytime there's a new one on the block. Toyota painstakingly created the brand equity that the Innova commands, by never letting go and always maintaining the quality.

Hexa is a proven product, and it is way WAY more refined than the Harrier and is very competent, if they do not let go of it and keep supporting it, people's image will gradually change.

Just recently, I came across a YouTube comment where a guy said he felt very bad that the car he just bought will now get stepmotherly treatment and eventually get euthanized.

If they really are that confident with the Buzzard/Cassini, then they should make a decision to let it last for a minimum of 5-6 years.

Last edited by SaiSW : 24th July 2019 at 13:05.
SaiSW is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 14:47   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
People aren't going to be convinced with Tata if they ditch their older models everytime there's a new one on the block.
If they really are that confident with the Buzzard/Cassini, then they should make a decision to let it last for a minimum of 5-6 years.
Well I disagree on this categorically. People don't trust to put their money on TATA cars for 100's of reasons but discontinuing a model quickly is definitely is not one of them. Can you tell me ONE TATA CAR they stopped gracefully in the last few years? One car?

Indica-- Went on for 20 years with abysmal sales in the last few years before pulling the plug in 2018.

Indigo -- One of the first Compact Sedan products to hit, even before Dzire, was axed in 2018 only after close to 15-16 years.

Sumo -- Ran for a mammoth 28 Years - Read somewhere recently that India has more then 50% of people under the age of 25 now. Sumo was born before them and was discontinued only 3 months back.

Safari -- Another car with more than 20 years on the road and still not discontinued. Maybe April 2020 will be the D-Day to pull the plug after glorious 25 years

Nano -- Probably the most ambitious and biggest flop of the them all for Tata Motors. It ran for 8 years even after all the unfortunate controversies that it was always surrounded by.

Aria/Hexa -- A flop from start, ARIA was kept for 6 years only to be re-packaged as Hexa and has been running for 3 years now.

Bolt/Zest -- Another flop from TATA which they are still continuing with even at low sales. They both are 5-6 years old.

Even before Tiago was launched, they had clearly explained their vision for Tata Motors. They clearly told that Tiago, Tigor, Hexa and Nexon all are stop gap arrangements as part of 2.0 before they come up with all new platforms starting with Harrier. They have followed every plan of theirs to T whether successful or not.

Now tell me which car they axed when new ones were launched? Bolt/Zest did not stop Indica/Indigo. Tiago/Tigor did not stop Bolt/Zest. So why this unwanted criticism for TATA.

PS: None of these above facts change even if Hexa is axed in Arpil 2020.

Last edited by RaghuVis : 24th July 2019 at 14:59. Reason: Changed CSUV to Compact Sedan
RaghuVis is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 06:28   #51
BHPian

We have an official Statement by Tata
Motors, Hexa will be upgraded to BS VI.
bageherath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 08:33   #52
BHPian

I can understand Tata's dilema in a broad sense. Coming from a Hexa, the Harrier doesn't feel like a upgrade, apart from the the sexy shape it's a feeling of driving something less refined and luxurious overall. Now Tata wants to launch the seven seat Harrier. This one carries everything from the Harrier plus a small boot and cooped up rear seats when compared with the Hexa. It would be embarrassing to make the new 7 seat Harrier stand alongside the Hexa and then ask a premium for the former.
AirbusCapt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 10:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
This one carries everything from the Harrier plus a small boot and cooped up rear seats when compared with the Hexa. It would be embarrassing to make the new 7 seat Harrier stand alongside the Hexa and then ask a premium for the former.
Or they could remove Hexa AWD, position it back as an MPV, and place the 7 seater Harrier above Hexa. For this to work, 7 seater Harrier should arrive with 4x4 from launch itself. Otherwise it would look inferior when placed next to Hexa.

If the 7 seater Harrier has superior off road capability, they can position it above Hexa even without removing Hexa's AWD. Hexa is the people mover with mild offroad capabilites and Harrier 7 seater is the proper SUV with looks and real offroad credentials. Omega platform already has an MPV in its road map. When that gets ready, they can bring it as the new generation Hexa.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 25th July 2019 at 10:37.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 20:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Yes, even i read that statement but it has to be done now, to be available during the festive season.

After that it will be lull, people will wait for 2020 model and then BS6 to kick in, so net net very low sales after diwali this year.

Smart ones have already started launching BS6 variants. It pays to be ahead of the game.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 22:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post

Oh, that's great! I just posted on the Seltos thread that I would upgrade to the Seltos Diesel auto. Now this puts me in a dilemma as I absolutely loved the Hexa AT and its magic carpet ride quality. Any link to the statement?
Old 25th July 2019, 23:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Oh, that's great! I just posted on the Seltos thread that I would upgrade to the Seltos Diesel auto. Now this puts me in a dilemma as I absolutely loved the Hexa AT and its magic carpet ride quality. Any link to the statement?
Yes, this was posted in other Hexa related threads too.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-1564075784528.jpg  

bageherath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 15:40   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Well I disagree on this categorically. People don't trust to put their money on TATA cars for 100's of reasons but discontinuing a model quickly is definitely is not one of them. Can you tell me ONE TATA CAR they stopped gracefully in the last few years? One car?
Now tell me which car they axed when new ones were launched? Bolt/Zest did not stop Indica/Indigo. Tiago/Tigor did not stop Bolt/Zest. So why this unwanted criticism for TATA.

PS: None of these above facts change even if Hexa is axed in Arpil 2020.
First of all, mods this is the last time I'm going off topic in this thread.
You're missing the point, indigo/indica faced abysmal sales because the product was not exactly stellar. I know that because I used to OWN one and I'd rather not get into the list of problems I faced during the ownership period. Bolt/Zest was not a success mainly because customers could recognise the design to be similar to it's predecessors, and I know that because I know several people to whom I recommended the either of the duo as an alternative choice and they shied away from it citing the reason I said above, and that it would suffer from the same problems ( which ofc is not true ).

The Hexa on the other hand is, in my opinion, the most refined product in their portfolio, and no other car in their entire range is as well built as the Hexa. And I know that because I own a Tiago now ( and I got an infraction for being a Tata fanboy, so I am the last person that you'd expect to see criticizing Tata for no reason ), and the car is full of rattles. The dashboard rattles, there are panels that are loose, case in point, the plastic part which holds the boot lamps is attached via clips to the plastic part above it, and it is now laying loose and so is the same part on the other side, the piano silver ( idk what else you call them ) on the steering wheel squeaks pretty loudly if I push them in, the piano Black elements surrounding the ICE squeaks if I push them in, the dashboard itself is loose on the lower part, my engine mounting " C clamp" has been replaced two times now, because it broke loose due to engine vibrations.

None of the problems I mentioned above are reported by my friend who owns a Hexa, it has been a year and there is not a single rattle inside the car.

Well now I won't have to cry to Tata to not kill the Hexa, for too long because they are not killing off the Hexa, great news.

Last edited by SaiSW : 26th July 2019 at 15:41.
SaiSW is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 20:21   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post

None of the problems I mentioned above are reported by my friend who owns a Hexa, it has been a year and there is not a single rattle inside the car.

Well now I won't have to cry to Tata to not kill the Hexa, for too long because they are not killing off the Hexa, great news.
I own a 2017 OCT model Hexa XTA with 47K on the odo. There are no rattles, issues or breakdowns.
Compared to sales and service experience from my previous car (SCross 1.6), Hexa experience, though from Tata, is miles ahead
prasanna_indaje is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 21:24   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
I own a 2017 OCT model Hexa XTA with 47K on the odo. There are no rattles, issues or breakdowns.
Compared to sales and service experience from my previous car (SCross 1.6), Hexa experience, though from Tata, is miles ahead
Exactly my point. The most refined product in Tata's stable is the Hexa, and dare I say as refined and well finished as the crysta as well. Actually, excluding fit and finish, if you look at build quality alone, the Hexa is built much more tougher ( no offence to Crysta owners, I have the freedom to express my opinion ).

The only shortcoming I had with the Hexa was the unavailability of Android auto, it's maybe because I am addicted to Google maps, and now that is resolved as well. The new touchscreen is reasonably fluid, it is not as laggy as some YouTube reviewers make it out to be.

Last edited by SaiSW : 26th July 2019 at 21:25.
SaiSW is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:16   #60
BHPian

I own hexa XTA. Its an amazing car. Sadly many does not know it's potentiality. It is built well. The ride quality is mind blowing. I never had any issue with the mechanicals. Of course, some features are missing. But it's still excellent value for money. Had very minor niggles in the car but it was something that could be sorted out fast. Crossed 40000 kms in 1 1/2 years.

I bought this car in 2018 and got an offer for on road price of 19.50 lakhs OTR. Have taken it to Ooty and I truly understood the amazing capability of this hexa. It could easily go to places where other cars struggled.

I sincerely hope that Tata keeps promoting this car. I wish they themselves could understand it. This car can go a long way. They should come up with refreshing changes. You don't get such a good car at this price range. I also own an Innova but hexa is totally incomparable and an all round car.
lovesujay is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks