Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2019, 11:57   #16
BHPian

Re: 2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice updates, except for the dual-tone. I think the Hexa's appeal is in its classy styling. Don't think a dual-tone theme will go with it (final verdict on hold till actually seeing one in person).
Those who were there at the Auto Expo 2018 would have seen the HEXA dual-tone & would be able to give their first hand impressions.

Attaching the photos of the same from the relevant thread for reference. They are trying to copy LR by doing this. I have also attached a photo of LR Range Rover for comparison.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4353500 (Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2018)

Quote:
Both can happily co-exist in the showroom IMHO, as they are different in so many ways (e.g. body-on-frame vs monocoque).
Both can & should co-exist as HEXA is a wonderful vehicle. I had a very small Test-drive of HARRIER & I felt HEXA was better in ride.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-81.jpg  

2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-82.jpg  

2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-screenshot_20190301121039_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by arif_t01 : 1st March 2019 at 12:13. Reason: Reference to Land rover image
arif_t01 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 11:58   #17
BHPian

2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features

Quote:
Nice updates, except for the dual-tone. I think the Hexa's appeal is in its classy styling. Don't think a dual-tone theme will go with it (final verdict on hold till actually seeing one in person).

Both can happily co-exist in the showroom IMHO, as they are different in so many ways (e.g. body-on-frame vs monocoque).

Agree that the dual tone idea might not work well with the classy design language that the Hexa narrates, but the dual tone might help in cutting the visual bulk a seamless single colour projects and hence tends perspective towards a more van like unibody. The two colours might help to demarcate and accentuate the hood from the pillars and hence project a more Suv ish styling. This might partially address some prospective buyers qualms with the Hexa that it looks more MUV ish than SUV.

I Will also reserve judgment until seeing one in flesh.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 1st March 2019 at 11:59.
Old 1st March 2019, 12:18   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
The 2.2 varicor engine is not bs6 compatible, the Storme may not be pedestrian safety compatible either, but the lowered bonnet and crumple zones of the Hexa make it compatible.
Hey, I only have that graphic in mind of Mr.Sorabjee's article in an auto magazine: a tombstone that clearly has the death of the Hexa and the Storme (among other OEMs' car models) as of 2020. On Twitter he had mentioned that the Hexa and the Storme face the axe because they both don't meet upcoming pedestrian safety norms.

If the Hexa lives, I'd be the first guy to cheer though. Same goes for the Safari Storme. As long as they exist, I'll have somethings to long for
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 14:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Would this mean that the 2.2L will be discontinued and will be replaced with a compatible BS6 engine? Is TATA developing a BS6 compatible engine?
Only Tata would know if they want to continue with the Hexa/Aria/Storme platform or dump it for the Harrier architecture. Will they want to continue with a body on frame setup or go only monocoque?
Old 1st March 2019, 14:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
Only Tata would know if they want to continue with the Hexa/Aria/Storme platform or dump it for the Harrier architecture. Will they want to continue with a body on frame setup or go only monocoque?
Tata better get the Harrier and H7X to the level of Hexa in terms of ride quality, handling, comfort and NVH levels before discontinuing the Hexa.
rovingeye is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 20:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Agree that the dual tone idea might not work well with the classy design language that the Hexa narrates, but the dual tone might help in cutting the visual bulk a seamless single colour projects and hence tends perspective towards a more van like unibody. The two colours might help to demarcate and accentuate the hood from the pillars and hence project a more Suv ish styling. This might partially address some prospective buyers qualms with the Hexa that it looks more MUV ish than SUV.

I Will also reserve judgment until seeing one in flesh.
Dual tone looks good on the Hexa, but only on the lighter shades. With Blue & Brown its difficult to get a contrasting color.

One of the first 'mods' which I did to mine was dual-toning it. Looks rather fab imo.

Attaching a few pics for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-20171127_102759.jpg  

2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-20171210_120930.jpg  

2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-20180121_16460301.jpeg  

2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-20180630_15295901.jpeg  

McLaren Roxx is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 23:22   #22
BHPian

2019 TATA Hexa updated with new features

The features which will be deleted in a progressive manner in the name of 'updating' until it's back to what it was before this update. Buy it now or never, and people actually believe this I guess as proven by the recent sales number of this fantastic car.

IMHO TATA isn't very serious about Hexa, all they are concerned about are the upcoming launches, nothing wrong in that either.
Old 1st March 2019, 23:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
IMHO TATA isn't very serious about Hexa, all they are concerned about are the upcoming launches, nothing wrong in that either.
Which is a pity, because IMHO it’s the best product in their portfolio, and possibly the most bang for buck. Unfortunately a victim of perception more than anything else, though looking like a van hasn’t helped it’s cause either. Probably explains why they are concentrating on design in their newer products so much - and doing a good job while at it.
Steeroid is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 22:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

My personal view on why Hexa doesn't sell much : It's just too big for our cities. I know quiet a few SUV owners who have bought a hatch for city use, Hexa being one of the widest, longest in the segment with HUGE turning radius and heavy steering might intimidate buyers.
Old 3rd March 2019, 00:08   #25
BHPian

I guess TATA wont be investing further in Hexa as both the 2.2 L engine and the body shell needs be modified to confirm to BS VI norms and BNCAP crash norms.

They may phase out Hexa by Apr 2020 and H7X takes its place.
nibedk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 11:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
I guess TATA wont be investing further in Hexa as both the 2.2 L engine and the body shell needs be modified to confirm to BS VI norms and BNCAP crash norms.

They may phase out Hexa by Apr 2020 and H7X takes its place.
Exactly my thoughts. And it is fair also because a leap like BS-VI & crash norms would be too hard to handle for products based on old architectures/engines/powertrains.
New products are designed with keeping BS-VI in mind hence they can handle it better (e.g. Harrier, Altroz etc)

Last edited by speedguy : 6th March 2019 at 11:55.
Old 12th March 2019, 20:10   #27
BHPian

Tata Hexa new infotainment system :

uday.ere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 22:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Tata Hexa new infotainment system :

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ClI1S3gUNVw
Found this comment by TAMO below the video. Attaching it as a screenshot. Looks like they will co-exist. Considering h7x to be launched later this year, if BS norms meant the end of Hexa in 2020, i don't think they would have made that comment.
Attached Thumbnails
2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-screenshot_20190312223723.jpg  

Last edited by abhi7013 : 12th March 2019 at 22:41.
abhi7013 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 05:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Motors has updated the Hexa with new features. Higher variants like XT, XT 4x4 and XTA are now available in 5 dual-tone colour options - Pearl White and Tungsten Silver with Infinity Black roof and Arizona Blue, Urban Bronze and Sky Grey with Titanium Grey roof. 19-inch diamond-cut alloys are available on the XTA variant, while the XT and XT 4x4 get 17-inch alloys finished in Charcoal Grey shade.

Attachment 1853013

Inside, the Hexa comes with chrome dashboard trim and piano black inserts on the steering wheel. Tata has also upgraded the infotainment system to a 7-inch touchscreen unit by Harman, which has Android Auto connectivity. It is connected to a 10-speaker JBL audio system. Single colour mood lighting is available on all variants instead of the 8 colour options that were previously offered. Other features include fast charging and park assist.
XTA desperately needs :-

1. 4x4.
2. Apple CarPlay.
3. Keyless entry.
4. Power adjust driver seat.
5. Fully flat folding 2nd and 3rd row seats.
6. Bringing back 8 colour mood lighting.
7. Repositioning of parking brake lever or replacing it with electronic parking brake.
8. Full central arm rest which can be of use to the driver, not the present hideous half cut and asymmetrical version.
9. Storage nooks and crannies in the central console which at present has None.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th March 2019 at 06:28. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
wanderingwolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 07:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
The question that begs to be asked is what happens to the Hexa once the H7X goes on sale?
According to a report in Autocar India, Hexa is one of the models slated to get the AXE in April 2020 once the new emission/safety norms kick in. The Buzzard (H7X) is not slated to go into production until end of 2019. Hence there will be hardly any over lap.

Besides, I am sure production line of Hexa will stop atleast 4 to 6 months before the April 2020 deadline. Supreme Court has made it clear that no non-BS-VI compliant vehicles can be registered after April 2020. Hence it will be extremely foolish for manufacturers to keep Inventory of BSIV vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Found this comment by TAMO below the video. , i don't think they would have made that comment.
Frankly Abhi, these facebook pages are done by the digital marketing division (in-house or oursourced). They are generally clueless to long term strategy of the company. They are essentially parrots to to the marketing tag lines. If you think logically, it makes no sense for Tata Motors to spend money to upgrade model which sells in limited numbers to comply with the new crash-test and BSVI norms. The Buzzard will be the replacement.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 13th March 2019 at 07:31.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks