Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2020, 22:04   #91
BHPian

re: Toyota to launch Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza) in FY 2020-21

If that design is close to the prod version, Toyota might something the Brezza buyers were always looking for, a Grill mod. And this time, the grill looks like a mini T-Fort grill, with those vertical slats, which the masses will love!

The Brezza isn't a bad car, its got old school SUV looks which I love, if only they can make it a lil more butch, add some safety kit, better plastics, and proper AT, and a Tail mounted spare, it would have been a great product, for me at least. But looking at what they did with the Baleno, I'm not keeping my hopes too high.
Old 6th August 2020, 22:07   #92
BHPian

As lame an effort as can be

I would seriously judge some one who would anyone go and buy this abomination over the original Brezza.. A lazy impostor , even the Chinese do better job at copying stuff ( I know this is not a copy but an agreement, still there are limits to how deplorable efforts can be!).
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 22:44   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
And Toyota is sharing platform here with Suzuki which is not a big risk for Toyota, as Suzuki products are themselves quite thoroughly engineered, running fuss free for 2-3 Lakh Km's. One could have raised concerns had Toyota chosen to use an Innova or Fortuner type product from Suzuki, but these small cars are city, highway dwellers, and Suzuki makes the best products in that segment.
They are definitely thoroughly engineered for the market they target and MSIL clearly have a great hold on the pulse of the market. It's just their principles don't overlap on the build quality and safety front. It's very evident from both Akio Toyoda's and R.C. Bhargava's public statements. Again, this doesn't mean I discount MSIL as a successful car maker. Anyway, it's great that the Brezza does score a 4 on the GNCAP scale in this case.

Also, I don't understand why the city and highway car differentiation. Cars should be decently capable and safe either way. It's not like we're limited to 40 or 50 kmph in the city these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
But, at the end of the day, Toyota is not bothered because for every 10 people on forums like ours who detest such badge engineering jobs, there are 100 others who don't mind or don't even know about all this. Toyota is more interested in those 100 and rightly so.
No doubt. You're definitely right. And this strategy has worked very well for them. Glanzas are on back order and MSIL doesn't seem to want to allot more than the current share per month.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th August 2020 at 06:56. Reason: Quoted text and response deleted
saur95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 23:11   #94
BHPian

It's quite disappointing to see toyota going the MS way. . Toyota's loyal customers have been really hit by the recent decisions of the automaker. People turn towards manufacturers like toyota, ford etc. for their reliability, safety and excellent ASS and their dedication towards their customers but with such decisions of market uplifting of their brand in the name of their sales is indeed costing toyota, its hard earned reputation.
Old 6th August 2020, 23:50   #95
BHPian

Okay! How are people falling for this drawn-on-mustache routine? Any person with the gift of sight can see that these cars are Marutis. Why would one buy the Toyota?

When the Glanza was launched, I thought Toyota would end up with egg on their face. Surprisingly, the Glanza is pulling in decent numbers. I am sure this "Urban Cruiser" will also rack up some decent numbers. What I struggle with is... WHY???
Old 7th August 2020, 00:27   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovilkalai View Post
I am sure this "Urban Cruiser" will also rack up some decent numbers. What I struggle with is... WHY???
Glanza sells because,
1. Cheaper than equivalent Baleno variant
2. 3 year warranty against 2 years for Baleno
3. Fantastic sales and service experience.

Toyota service advisors are the most honest among all other manufacturers. I have many instances to prove that and I would like to highlight just 1.
Last month while waiting at a signal I was hit from behind by a water lorry and the bumper came loose. I took it to Nandi Toyota and I first met the insurance surveyor who started preparing insurance claim quotes. In between, one of the employees called me and said, "Sir, we don't believe in cheating our customer. I saw your car and even though the bumper is almost pulled out, there is no damage like broken light or anything. So I think we can remove the dent and refix it. I will try to do it and if you are not satisfied you can go for insurance". I agreed to try and in 15 mins, they removed the dent, refixed it and rubbed off the minor scratches and my car had almost no sign of any accident. It was 6.30 PM and already 30 mins past their schedule and when I asked what is the cost, he said that they only added 3 clips worth 10Rs each and his manager did not want to charge for such a small amount! Even labour was not charged inspite of my insistence! I also know that mine is not an isolated incident. We have a Yaris owners whatsapp group and even last week there was an incident where a customers car was scratched and damaged in an accident and their Toyota dealer fixed them free of charge.Experience like this is what keeps us loyal to the brand.

While I totally hate Toyota's Indian management for doing such a lame copy paste job, if the "Urban Cruiser" offers the same or better value compared to Brezza, I would vouch everyone I know to avoid Maruti and buy from Toyota.

Last edited by nagr22 : 7th August 2020 at 00:33. Reason: More info
nagr22 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 00:57   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
........Toyota service advisors are the most honest among all other manufacturers. I have many instances to prove that and I would like to highlight just 1.
==========
.Experience like this is what keeps us loyal to the brand.
Exactly my reason for sticking with the brand, products are grossly overpriced, have less features than the competitors in all segments but it’s these dealers, service advisors, service stations that inspire your confidence and there are many others who blindly go for the brand for their bulletproof reliable cars with utmost trust. Brand loyalty is something that Toyota knows how to keep that owners keep replacing their cars with nothing other than a Toyota!

In case of the Brezza( Urban Cruiser), it has a safety rating of 4 stars and this time around the changes have been made a difference to the overall car don’t about the interiors yet, hope they atleast change the complete black interiors. It’s going to sell easily.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th August 2020 at 07:50. Reason: trimmed quoted post
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 01:47   #98
BHPian

By the looks of it, I presume they tried making it a distant cousin of Fortuner by seeing this grill IMO.

I am pretty sure, this badge engineering will also bring ~2000 copies per month addition to Toyota. They just need to price it close to Brezza, which I presume they probably will (going by the pricing strategy with Glanza)

-Aayush
Old 7th August 2020, 03:57   #99
BHPian

I like this Fortuner type look more than the Rav4 one. The grill of Rav4 looks to me like a sad face. Hope Toyota revamps the interiors. I think it will be priced higher than Brezza since Glanza is also costlier than Baleno.
Mynameis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 07:31   #100
BHPian

Re: Toyota to launch Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza) in FY 2020-21

IMHO, This seems to be better than Brezza (Look Wise). Brezza is a pratical and potential car.
My Personal opinion, MSIL & Toyota sails in the same boat. I dont mind the badge, Until i get a reliable car with good After sales service.
ash22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 09:37   #101
KPR
BANNED

So the urban cruiser looks more attractive than otherwise more teeth type grilled Brezza. If I have to buy this car my preference would be to go with Toyota than MS owing to the ubiquitous Brezzas on road and most importantly Toyota's frank sales and service.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 09:45   #102
BHPian

I am really surprised on how Toyota is able to pull this grill. It is surprisingly refreshing. I hope there are some changes in interior as well like ICE, leather seats and replacement of cheap plastics & buttons.

I knew a lot of people who went ahead with Glanza, because they felt Nexa service centers were crowded.
Old 7th August 2020, 10:27   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
If ACI is telling the truth, then it is simply a rendered image by toyota. But no way the real image.
Nice catch. Also, from the looks of it, wheels are 17inchers. I don't think Toyota will launch this car with 17inch wheels.
CrossLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 13:31   #104

I have been a loyal Toyota customer since 2007 with a Innova, Fortuner and currently a 4 year old Liva under my belt. The values that drew me were the Toyota build quality and their after sales service which of course has been rock solid till date.

However, if there new offerings are all going to be rebadged Maruti/Suzukis, I would have to consider other brands for my next car (hypothetical at this point in time) as one of the two pillars of my buying decision is gone.

I will settle for a brilliantly engineered car with so so service anyday! Toyota will lose more customers like me, if they keep this up
Vijaynidhi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 15:08   #105
BHPian

If this is an original photo and not a render by ACI, IMHO, this is a very bad attempt by Toyota. This will not be able to give the Urban Cruiser an identity of its own, just like the Glanza does not have an individual identity, and people often mistake it as a Baleno with an aftermarket "T" badge. This is my absolute personal opinion though.
Also, it might be worthy to mention here that the Koreans are doing a mutch better job here, e.g., the Creta and the Seltos are 2 completely different cars in terms of appearance (both exterior & interior), although they share a lot of components, if I am not wrong. Also, variant wise specs have also been spread across well, at different price points, and a customer has an option to choose what he/she wants within their budget.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks