Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 10:05   #151
BHPian

Re: Toyota to launch Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza) in FY 2020-21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Scoop! Toyota Urban Cruiser features & colour options leaked
This looks like a sales training material. Not to mention the pathetic English and spelling mistakes.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st August 2020 at 16:19. Reason: typo
NFS2024 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 11:13   #152
BHPian

I could have appreciated this vehicle had Toyota put a little bit more effort into it. Just by plonking nearly the same features, exteriors and interiors as the Brezza, it doesn't appeal so much to me. That being said, it could deliver decent sales, its customers being those people who want the Brezza but with the relatively premium brand tag of Toyota.
sid__kaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 11:19   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

So it looks like the "Baby Fortuner" has 1 thing bigger than the "Papa Fortuner". The front fog lights! Grille certainly looks better than that of the 2020 Brezza I have to admit. Don't really have much to comment about because this car doesn't give much to talk about. Its just another Toyota-Suzuki badge swap. A good thing for the businessmen who understand such strategies. Bewildering for the uninitiated like me.

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st August 2020 at 11:21.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 12:00   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
A good thing for the businessmen who understand such strategies. Bewildering for the uninitiated like me.
This is a shot in the dark but I think it could have been done to keep some money flowing and people coming to the Toyota dealerships apart from your usual Innova and Fortuner customers. Toyota no longer has the Etios twins and the showrooms must look empty in absence of those. Less prospective customers as well, so maybe this is a short term fix while they work on their own strategy for new products? Or at least I hope this is the case.
Old 21st August 2020, 12:54   #155
BHPian

4 speed AT!?

This is so behind the competition that a car like Kia Sonet will see this gearbox as a dot in it's rear view mirrors.

Indian customers are no longer pushovers. That's what these guys need to understand and start giving us respectable products.
Col Mehta is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 13:00   #156
BANNED

Over the real-Brezza, I find the front end of this Urban Cruiser better suited than the current one with excessive chrome. Somehow gives an appearance of car as a 'mini-Fortuner' when looked at it from the front.

Toyota should have done something about the alloys.
Old 21st August 2020, 13:07   #157
BHPian

Badge swap on the Glanza and changes done to the soft parts with the Urban Cruiser.
Seems like Toyota is trying to differentiate each product from their Maruti counterparts step by step and they might do some actual changes to the rebadged Ertiga and Ciaz.

Anyways, Toyota has done its part to get some customers for the Urban Cruiser for sure.

The front on the Urban Cruiser surely looks much better than the Brezza mainly due to its new grill (the one on the Brezza is an eyesore) and the new front bumper which gels with the overall look of the car and enhances it quite a bit.

The new colour options too, are unique and look quite good, especially the Blue-Black one.
The brown upholstery too, looks good (atleast in pictures)

While the Urban Cruiser is a good product (courtesy of it being a Brezza, which is already a great product), there are some things which Toyota could've done better. First of these would be providing the SHVS system, ESP and Hill Hold function on the manual variant as well to give it an edge over the Brezza.
And introducing a 6 airbag trim with Traction Control wouldn't have hurt Toyota either!
theAutomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 15:30   #158
Senior - BHPian

Hope they have enough stock in white color, bull-bar with party flag thing and other tasteless accessories. We all know the target audience for this SUV with T badge.

I won't be surprised if this outsells brezza. Would have happened if diesel engine option was available.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 09:30   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Hope they have enough stock in white color, bull-bar with party flag thing and other tasteless accessories. We all know the target audience for this SUV with T badge.

I won't be surprised if this outsells brezza. Would have happened if diesel engine option was available.
I was just wondering, would the diesel engine ever come to Urban Cruiser / Brezza twins? There are still many customers for Diesel engines. Fall in Brezza sales and increase in Venue sales (overall number) proves the point. I really hope Venue and Sonet cannibalise sales of Brezza and Urban Cruiser not for the latter's copy paste job but for being lazy and not bringing in diesel engines. Time's up for those who were taking Indian market for granted. Toyota being a global leader and Maruti Suzuki being an Indian leader should learn a thing or two from Hyundai and Kia to understand market dynamics and give customers what they want.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:10   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota reveals the URBAN CRUISER officially in its website:

Toyota to launch Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza) in FY 2020-21-t1.png
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:31   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota reveals the URBAN CRUISER officially in its website:
Downloaded both images, made a comparison snap. Toyota looks better with a larger grill and a redesigned bumper.

Toyota to launch Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza) in FY 2020-21-pixlr_20200822103420473.jpg

I have no idea about the service at Toyota. But if both cars can be interchangeably serviced at their service centers, nothing like it. Buy a Baby Fortuner and get it serviced at MASS.

Anyone who owns a petrol Brezza and wants to change looks to Toyota will need to change whole bumper. If the T logo can be changed to S, that would be great.

Both images sourced from our forum.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd August 2020 at 10:38.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:32   #162
Team-BHP Support

Toyota have played it smart with the URban Cruiser. While the Glanza was just a minor change to grill, for the Urban cruiser, they have taken the grill and bumper design from one of their most sought after cars the Fortuner.

Anyone will look at the Urban Cruiser and call it a Mini Fortuner. That itself will get people interested in the car.

To top it off when a customer visits a showroom and sees this parked next to a Fortuner and the similar styling at 1/3rd of the price is going to be even more luring.

The sales man just has to whisper in the ears of the customer "mini Fortuner" and the car is most likely sold.

Not only will the designer who spent those 30mins copying the Fortuner grill and bumper get a pat on back, but the sales man for uttering those 2 words will also meet his sales targets.

We as enthusiasts may cry hoarse but this is a masterstroke by Toyota. Maximum bang for minimum effort.
Vid6639 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:54   #163
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Toyota Brezza looks much better than the Maruti facelift , it seems like Maruti kept its facelift subtle to distinguish itself well from the Toyota version. This car in the Toyota showroom floor will confuse few Glanza customers. No diesel is a big miss for a Toyota UV !
TorqueIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:08   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Downloaded both images, made a comparison snap. Toyota looks better with a larger grill and a redesigned bumper.

I have no idea about the service at Toyota. But if both cars can be interchangeably serviced at their service centers, nothing like it. Buy a Baby Fortuner and get it serviced at MASS.

Anyone who owns a petrol Brezza and wants to change looks to Toyota will need to change whole bumper. If the T logo can be changed to S, that would be great.

Both images sourced from our forum.

Nice comparison, Urban Cruiser sure looks good compared to Brezza. Service at Toyota in general is extraordinary. I've been to most of budget car A.S.S, so far I found Toyota service advisors and mechanics are very honest and professional, and skoda being the most notorious in my experience. Urban Cruiser makes sense because Maruti workshops are usually overcrowded and you can get good quality service from Toyota.
Old 22nd August 2020, 12:30   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Solid build? This is the first time I'm reading a positive comment around Maruti Suzuki's build quality.

That's a real progress
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ncap-test.html (Maruti Vitara Brezza scores 4 stars in the Global NCAP test)

Brezza scores the highest in MAruti cars, a 4 star Global NCAP rating. Although not related you can see the Brezza's weight is 1.1 tonnes which is a rare Maruti to be heavy. Even though sub 4m it is heavier than the Ciaz.
Vid6639 is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks