Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2019, 06:51   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai Verna goes up in flames. EDIT: It was an act of arson by kids (page 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani0404 View Post
I feel there can be three situations:-

1. Looks like the kids have some kind of matches ( I somehow can relate that yellow coloured box to a matchbox) in the second picture. I might be wrong too. Either the kids might have lighted the sticks and threw in the bonnet area so find out if it catches fire.

2. They might have found something interesting that they were seeing in the front part of the car (may be some kind of sparks/ sounds.

3. Last is that they might have been just playing around and did not do any mischief.
Before jumping to all these conclusions, please consider that we moderators have seen the video. We could see that the boy was going through a motion of striking the match and placing under the grill. And all the 3 times, they run away from the car at full speed like they lit a firecracker. The screenshots may not clearly indicate they are running.

Last edited by Samurai : 30th January 2019 at 06:54.
Samurai is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 07:57   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Verna goes up in flames. EDIT: It was an act of arson by kids (page 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Before jumping to all these conclusions, please consider that we moderators have seen the video
While I do appreciate the thought behind the video not being shared; can we have some visibility on the following question of who was responsible for editing the video (basic assumption being the parents)? It's just a minor aspect but helps close the loop; I do believe others have also raised the same question

I'm sure this question would have been raised with the OP.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 08:19   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
can we have some visibility on the following question of who was responsible for editing the video (basic assumption being the parents)? It's just a minor aspect but helps close the loop; I do believe others have also raised the same question
We only got the video from OP. We have no idea who tried tampering with the video.
Samurai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 08:25   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

New age parenting doesn't work, with both parents out for work in many cases and easy access to internet for mindless/anti-social entertainment coupled with lazy at-home nannies who encourage this behavior, I'm quite scared of what is going to come with the current generation. I've seen kids of around 10 swearing quite proficiently.

What does work is the old-age system of parenting and opening a can of whoop-a** when behavior of the children cross into unnecessary limits. Even the school I went to had zero-tolerance of rude behavior or aggression and we were promptly reprimanded for the same. Parents are there to put the fear of God into children, but these days all they do is let them roam free like feral animals and support them for any and all misdeeds.

No doubt this damage should be borne completely by the parents of the children, and the children should in turn be made to pay up drop by drop out of their pocket money for the next 10 years. I'm sure both will turn out fine if they understand that every action has monetary consequences which can be a lifetime affair if the mistake is big enough. Good foundation for what life basically represents.
dark.knight is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 09:02   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

I sincerely feel we should go easy on this discussion where we have some facts but maybe not all; an FIR is involved; and most importantly two young children may be involved. We don't want a situation where either side uses this social media discussion to prove a point and God forbid cause harm to the children.
V.Narayan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 09:45   #66
BHPian

Sad. First of all we blamed the Hyundai Verna before ascertaining all facts.

The damage done to the Hyundai brand is irrevocable.

Mods : Please correct the thread title. When you emphasis on "10 month old" Hyundai Verna, it leads to conclusion that all new Verna's are susceptible.
Vasuki is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 09:49   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

I don’t think anyone in that apartment complex will ever complain that kids are spending too much time inside home playing video games or watching iPad/TV.

This is just sad.

Also I’m curious to know how they managed to burn a car with three match sticks. It’s difficult to lit coal with as many sticks.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 09:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I sincerely feel we should go easy on this discussion where we have some facts but maybe not all; an FIR is involved; and most importantly two young children may be involved. We don't want a situation where either side uses this social media discussion to prove a point and God forbid cause harm to the children.
. High time this thread is closed. All necessary and sufficient facts have been brought out. Only pertinent question that remains is `how can a car be set on fire so easily?' But sadly, this thread is becoming a discourse on parenting, child psychology and what not.

PS.: New car owners beware. Never light a camphor in front of your car, and move away thinking `now it's under protection of the gods'.
2cents is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 10:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2019 at 07:50.
srishiva is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th January 2019, 11:47   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Before jumping to all these conclusions, please consider that we moderators have seen the video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I sincerely feel we should go easy on this discussion where we have some facts but maybe not all; an FIR is involved; and most importantly two young children may be involved.

Moderator Note: Due to the sensitive nature of the discussion, this thread has been closed.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th January 2019 at 14:12. Reason: Making it bold and adding mod note tag.
navin is offline   (27) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks