Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2021, 01:04   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Maruti-Toyota working on new crossover above Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
We have been told that the new model could be positioned between the Vitara Brezza and the Hyundai Creta / Kia Seltos. We still don't know the powertrain options that will be offered on the D22.
"Between"? From what perspective I wonder. Price or dimensions? A car with length between 400 and 432 cms? Thats not a big enough gap to actually add car into per se, is it? So just price perhaps.

I hope the design & styling of this car is done by Suzuki team rather than Toyota. Toyota's designs are highly aligned towards toy-cars of late. (Suzuki team other than the one that designed the SPresso of course.)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th January 2021 at 10:01. Reason: Typo
Old 9th January 2021, 02:15   #47
BHPian

I have been thinking it would be the RAV4 - A-Cross combo. But this bit here has got me scratching my head -
Quote:
... the new model could be positioned between the Vitara Brezza and the Hyundai Creta / Kia Seltos..
The Yaris Cross and its Suzuki derivative may be? It seems to fit the bill.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 02:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
I presumed that they already had such a product Handy.

What is the problem with this?

Attachment 2104887
Maruti's response to your query

Quote:

Why should we launch global products which are prescribed in developed countries, How dare you?!

This has no practical logic for a poor country like India. The Indian buyer is not like the European, Japanese or Chinese buyer. Their per capita income is so high in those countries. But when it comes to safety, build quality everybody in India says we must have the best. How dare you compare India with these countries?

Cars will become expensive, we request the government remove all current safety regulations. This will allow the two wheeler owners to afford and drive a Maruti.

We will be launching Spresso XL, designed keeping in mind the 'Indian buyer'.

Kind regards

Hamamatsu HQ

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th January 2021 at 14:56. Reason: typo
shortbread is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 09:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Whatever it is I hope it has more modern interiors, comes only with optional sunroof as not everyone wants it though market conditions say otherwise and comes with 6 air bags. Am I asking too much from Maruti? And oh yes a Hybrid version will greatly benefit the ever increasing fuel prices.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th January 2021 at 10:06. Reason: Typo
Old 9th January 2021, 09:51   #50
BHPian

This is the same Creta rival that Suzuki is developing for joint sales by Toyota and Suzuki in India and worldwide. The car is likely to arrive with Toyota's Hybrid tech as well as normal gasoline engines. Can't say much about Diesel or CNG versions' existence. It will have all modern creature comforts like Sun-Roof etc. Beyond that, there is not much chatter available. Destined for 2022, would be my guess. I guess, the YFG codename, SCross replacement and D22 are the same cars. But knowing Suzuki, who knows?
Carma2017 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 11:06   #51
BHPian

It is based on the Baleno. Is it the surprise for Baleno that Maruti Suzuki teased on their Instagram?
Old 9th January 2021, 11:29   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
"Between"? From what perspective I wonder. Price or dimensions? A car with length between 400 and 432 cms? Thats not a big enough gap to actually add car into per se, is it? So just price perhaps.
I think its meant from a price perspective. Before scoffing at Maruti one must remember what they achieved with their Ertiga MPV. They were late into the MPV market by a decade and look at how many they are selling now.

For all their shortcomings and their cavalier attitude towards safety, they still know what tugs the heart of an average Indian buyer, even in 2020 (Price, FE & reliability).

If its looks half decent, all they'll have to do is sell it for a good price while undercutting Hyundai/Kia through their Nexa Showrooms touting it as a "Premium" product.
Old 9th January 2021, 18:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2104887
I feel too much similarity with Vitara Brezza in terms of general design and branding might not be worthy in the eyes of general Indian consumers. New product development with a focus on distinct design and segment competitive features might help MS to position the offering better, leading to more interest and sales than the Vitara (if relaunched).
Old 9th January 2021, 23:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2104887
Seriously, they should have already brought it to India, It has a 1.4L turbo petrol and a AWD setup that will smash the Koreans.
Hemi6.2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 21:34   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are said to be working on a new crossover (codenamed: D22)--.
Will the new crossover be based on Toyota's C-HR?

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 1624
Size:  242.0 KB

Quote:
The appearance of the product is recorded on the camera, the rear looks like a Toyota C-HR with a rear lamp design that resembles a boomerang and upper spoiler. Not only that, but the rear diffuser is clearly similar to the Toyota C-HR.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th January 2021 at 21:36.
Old 18th October 2021, 08:14   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Maruti Suzuki's Creta-rivalling SUV coming in 2020

Maruti Suzuki - Toyota's mid sized SUV to come in mid 2022. JV extend to green vehicles and more( and even fuel cells )

Quote:
For the first time ever, a Maruti car is expected to roll out of Toyota’s factory in India as the two Japanese carmakers give finishing touches to a new premium SUV — a competitor to Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and VW Taigun — strengthening their relationship which may now be extended to green vehicles, including hybrids and electrics
Quote:
investments for the vehicle which has been developed ground-up – are estimated at over Rs 1,000 crore
A cost effective product:

Quote:
a collaborative effort of the product development, design, engineering and sourcing teams of Toyota as well as Maruti’s parent Suzuki. R&D and component sourcing teams within Maruti have also played a key part in the development of the vehicle
Name:  1.JPG
Views: 763
Size:  75.6 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th October 2021 at 08:17.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 20:56   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota RAV4 coming to India as a CBU import

A camouflaged RAV4 on test?

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki's Creta-rivalling SUV coming in 2020-0da231af519f4b88a41550d454b039cb.jpeg

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki's Creta-rivalling SUV coming in 2020-72a9b1e70cb546e991d18cbe214e36bd.jpeg

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki's Creta-rivalling SUV coming in 2020-bcbbd527ffcd4b6bb4bc2ec078a4b43d.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVK21rbp...dium=copy_link
CEF_Beasts is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 22:16   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

--
Codenamed D22, this is likely to be the mid - sized SUV from Toyota -Suzuki.

The mid sized SUV will be produced by Toyota in both versions ( Maruti and Toyota)

Rumour: Maruti Suzuki's Creta-rivalling SUV coming in 2020-0da231af519f4b88a41550d454b039cb.jpeg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 10:35   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Codenamed D22, this is likely to be the mid - sized SUV from Toyota -Suzuki.
Aah yes. Sightings have started.

Hyundai-Kia's nightmare.

The one that will ensure Maruti will remain the king atleast till the absolute EV era starts.

The one that will make it possible for Toyota to bring some of their mass volume operations to life in India.

Hopefully India's no.1 selling car won't remain a sub 8 lakh hatchback.

Nothing to say about the AWD option. Just please bring a full blown hybrid instead. Wait!!! Since they maybe sure of overpricing the hybrid, they are bringing the E-four system to justify the price? Hence, the AWD rumour?

Edit- Closely looking at the third picture. Looks a bit too high off the ground? Maybe cause it is a test-mule.

But.

I am a technical noob, still. The rear suspension bit. Signs of an AWD system? Or independent rear suspension? Guess, there is generous part sharing with the TNGA platform too, as the DNGA platform on which the D22 is rumoured to be based on has simple torsion beam at the rear

Last edited by DicKy : 19th October 2021 at 10:45. Reason: Second look at the pics
DicKy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 10:56   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
--Guess, there is generous part sharing with the TNGA platform too, as the DNGA platform on which the D22 is rumoured to be based on has simple torsion beam at the rear
There are conflicting reports on the project D22.

The report in below link states:

Quote:
The new crossover will be positioned between the Vitara Brezza and the Hyundai Creta/Kia Seltos. Details about the new crossover are yet to be known, but it could receive an all-wheel drive variant. The Maruti-Toyota D22 crossover will be produced at Toyota’s manufacturing plant near Bangalore. The components used for the new crossover is likely to be sourced through Maruti Suzuki
But going by the news shared yesterday ( ET Auto) on the launch of the mid sized SUV by mid 2022, this sighting could prove so.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks