Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2019, 15:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda City ZX MT Petrol variant launched at Rs. 12.75 lakh

The Honda City is now available in ZX MT (Petrol) variant. It is priced at Rs. 12.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Honda City ZX MT Petrol variant launched at Rs. 12.75 lakh-honda-city-lunar-silver-1.jpg

The new ZX MT trim comes equipped with automatic LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LED fog lamps, tail lights, license plate light and trunk lid spoiler with LED brake light. The car rides on 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels. The new variant also gets features like 6 airbags, electric sunroof with one-touch open/close function, rain-sensing wipers and headlamp auto-off timer.

Honda City ZX MT Petrol variant launched at Rs. 12.75 lakh-honda-city-lunar-silver.jpg

Both petrol and diesel versions of the Honda City with manual transmission are available in 4 variants - SV, V, VX and ZX. Petrol CVT is available in V, VX and ZX trims. Rear parking sensors are now offered as standard across all variants.

Honda City ZX MT Petrol variant launched at Rs. 12.75 lakh-honda_city-radiant-red-1.jpg

The Honda City is available with a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that makes 118 BHP @ 6,600 rpm and 145 Nm of torque @ 4,600 rpm and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit that puts out 98 BHP @ 3,600 rpm and 200 Nm @ 1,750 rpm. The petrol engine is offered with a 5-speed manual or CVT, while the diesel gets a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Honda City ZX MT Petrol variant launched at Rs. 12.75 lakh-honda_city-radiant-red.jpg

Honda has also introduced two new colour options called Radiant Red Metallic and Lunar Silver Metallic on the City.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th January 2019 at 20:55. Reason: Small typo corrected. Thanks.
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 16:03   #2
BANNED

Re: Honda City ZX MT Petrol variant launched at Rs. 12.75 lakh

Hence one criticism is resolved. I would like to see the two new colours in flesh. I think the red colour with all the chrome garnishes including the car name, variant name etc blackened would look too hot.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 17:21   #3
BHPian

What is the difference between vx and zx except the number of airbags?
And imho since they introduced a sporty red color, they should have also offered an option of black interiors as well instead of the boring beige
rashreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 19:10   #4
BHPian

@rashreddy agree with you! Check the link below by CarToq, they have posted a picture of the Honda City ZX manual with all black interiors:

If this is true, it might become more appealing for majority of enthusiasts!

https://www.cartoq.com/honda-city-top-end/

Cheers!
DPetrolHead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 20:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Do also remember that VX trim now loses LED headlamps and fog lamps and gains LED taillamps from ZX and SV gains alloy wheels.
sidindica is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 20:42   #6
BHPian

Long overdue update. I just can't grasp why Honda didn't have a Petrol top end MT at the launch itself. The revision also deleted the LED headlights as mentioned by sidindica and replaced them with LED taillights which is just plain stupid.
porsche_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 21:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
And imho since they introduced a sporty red color, they should have also offered an option of black interiors as well instead of the boring beige
They had launched a Black Leather version of the pre-facelift City, in the top end VX(O) variant. I couldn't resist purchasing it. The black leather version looks really hot.
Old 10th January 2019, 21:49   #8
BANNED

Another colour I wish to see Honda City in, is the blue colour that is available for Malaysian Honda City. Coupled with black interiors including the head liner, would be an awesome package. But something has to be done to the current alloys, they wear too much bling in my opinion.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 01:14   #9
BHPian

Honda City ZX MT Petrol variant launched at Rs. 12.75 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post

The ZX has extra airbags, bigger alloys(16'), leather interiors with more usage of soft touch plastics, all led lights (interior + exterior), rear seat adjustable headrests etc.

Last edited by Waspune : 11th January 2019 at 01:15.
Waspune is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 07:27   #10
BHPian

The VX used to come with leather seats earlier? I saw that in the new line up the leather trim is only the ZX model.
Old 11th January 2019, 12:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

While the popular V model has now received the much- requested rear parking sensors, the SA from Dakshin Honda Bangalore tells me that the auto folding mirrors and mud guards have been removed from this version!!

Removal of auto fold mirrors is a real bummer- really don't get why Honda has to resort to these el cheapo tactics. They will beat their drums to the high heavens announcing new features, but remain deceivingly mum about important features that they are omitting on their models.
Old 11th January 2019, 13:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to get those rear parking sensors in my 2017 V MT. I badly need them after driving 10+ years with rear parking sensors in my other cars.

I really don't need rear camera. ORVMs and rear parking sensors are the best combination for me.
Old 11th January 2019, 13:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Is it possible to get those rear parking sensors in my 2017 V MT. I badly need them after driving 10+ years with rear parking sensors in my other cars.

I really don't need rear camera. ORVMs and rear parking sensors are the best combination for me.
Im sure you can get them as an official accessory at Honda. Even otherwise, you can get them at any auto accessories store in your city, which will certainly be less expensive than the price Honda will quote you. Of course, if you exercise the second option, your warranty may go for a toss!
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 13:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Im sure you can get them as an official accessory at Honda. Even otherwise, you can get them at any auto accessories store in your city, which will certainly be less expensive than the price Honda will quote you. Of course, if you exercise the second option, your warranty may go for a toss!
Absolutely, I don't want to get any electrical accessory installed from outside to keep my warranty intact.

I am sure these sensors are better than what Honda dealers were selling as an accessory for Rs.5500. I need to check that.

If anyone checks the new car, please update how factory fitted rear sensors work in comparison with after market sensors.
Old 11th January 2019, 13:45   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
The ZX has extra airbags, bigger alloys(16'), leather interiors with more usage of soft touch plastics, all led lights (interior + exterior), rear seat adjustable headrests etc.
VX already has leather seats and 16’ alloys. In this new upgrade it loses the LED headlights while gaining the LED taillights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks