Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2019, 10:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Odd!! It seems odd when a company which wants to launch its cars in India pretty soon, and are actually in the middle of opening showrooms, is displaying cars which are LHD and have the variants mentioned in Mandrin at the back. I feel that this is a wrong step at the moment when China is not “really favored” nation with our country. I do not have anything against the chinese products, but one wrong move, and our folks will go like-‘ China ka maal hai, aur kitna chalega’
I somehow have a feeling that the MG will be successful just like the OnePlus or Xiomi phones. British legacy will help it further.
Old 27th February 2019, 03:47   #77
BHPian

I think the Hector is not going to come with lumbar support, damn how hard is it to put in lumbar support? They should have it at least for the driver seat. Not sure if this video was shared before. Check it out

sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 04:25   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Posting some of the pictures of the 4 cars

Attachment 1851627
The rear of the MG3 resembles the second generation Punto!

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-2560px2001_fiat_punto_hlx_16v_1.2_rear.jpg

Image Source -
By Vauxford - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/inde...curid=68538872
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 06:12   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I somehow have a feeling that the MG will be successful just like the OnePlus or Xiomi phones. British legacy will help it further.

British legacy? Really? American legacy ( Chevrolet ) failed miserably in India and as a brand, Chevrolet had far more recall than MG. Manufacturers like Ford, VW and Skoda struggle with less than 3-5% of market share after spending decades in the country.

Also, the Chinese phone manufacturers you mention purely played the value game. Prima facia, they offered flagship kind of specs at lower value. At least that was their starting point. And obviously they indulged in heavy marketing blitz.

I would not think MG is trying to be so disruptive. And there is a huge difference between a customer putting down his money for a 10-30k phone vs a 10-20 lakh car.

Not saying that MG cannot succeed, but the odds are heavily stacked against it. At least as of now. MG could probably end up being a niche brand, but their product should have an USP to be niche.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 09:19   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
British legacy? Really? American legacy ( Chevrolet ) failed miserably in India and as a brand, Chevrolet had far more recall than MG. .
There is no legacy beyond the badge. Chevrolet was all Korean similarly MG is all chinese in this case.

SAIC have no alternative, Chinese vehicles have a poor brand perception over here, however good they are!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 21:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Thanks for posting these first hand images. These are China specific variants, but in China the RX5 is Roewe RX5 not MG, from the same SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation) though. Do you have any image of its front or dash?

Roewe RX5
This is an exact copy of the New Hyundai Santa Fe.
AccordSport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 10:15   #82
BHPian

China's largest automaker SAIC is considering an additional investment of $350 million in setting up a second manufacturing unit.

Quote:

MG Motor India has so far invested around Rs 2,200 crore to acquire General Motors' plant in Halol and to develop a C-segment sports utility vehicle (SUV) for its debut in the country.

The company has capacity to produce 80,000 vehicles of larger make at Halol and would require a new unit for subsequent launches.

"It takes around two years to set up a new manufacturing unit," said MG Motor India president Rajeev Chaba told ET. "We have to decide on it (the second manufacturing unit) by the end of 2019. The location is yet to be decided."

The Halol plant is spread over 170 acres, with little room to expand at the location any further.

Chaba said that being a new entrant MG Motor India is making efforts to set the foundation right. Unlike its Korean rival Kia, which has set a target to sell 300,000 units within three years of launch, MG Motor India said it will sell 200,000 units annually in five-six years.
Link
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 10:24   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I think the Hector is not going to come with lumbar support, damn how hard is it to put in lumbar support? They should have it at least for the driver seat.
No offence meant but this car is months away from launch and we are worried about it not having lumbar support?

The focus should be on engine, gearbox, size, the MG brand etc.

Lumbar support is hardly a deciding factor and most cars in this bracket don't have it anyways.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 10:56   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
N
Lumbar support is hardly a deciding factor and most cars in this bracket don't have it anyways.
Even the forthcoming Civic does not have it!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 11:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:
No offence meant but this car is months away from launch and we are worried about it not having lumbar support?

No offence meant but we already know what engine, gearbox, size, etc.

Lumbar support might not be a deciding factor, but since I have 2 lumbar disc bulges it helps on long drives, of course even if it came with lumbar support but doesnt drive the way I like, I'm not buying.

My Chevrolet Optra which is in the lower bracket has lumbar support (manual adjust) and my old gen Tucson which is in the same bracket also has it. The new tucson, the jeep compass which fall in the same bracket also has lumbar support (electric adjust) I am sure there are cars below this bracket which offers lumbar support with manual adjustment.

Drove the Tucson loved it, but its pricy. I find the compass too compact. So waiting for this one.
sreejinair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 13:55   #86
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Even the forthcoming Civic does not have it!
While it may not be a deal breaker, I don’t understand why it should be difficult for what is slated to be a premium offering. Heck my 2009 Vista has a two stage Lumbar support. In fact it is one of those things that really helps find a comfortable position on long drives.
Old 28th February 2019, 18:08   #87
BHPian

Looks like MG Motors PR department is working well, and they have levaraged the British legacy in a glorious manner.
It has already received more subscribers on its youtube channel than an indegenous brand with great advertisements- Tata Motors

Tata Motors - 144,000 subscribers
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-20190228_180220.jpg
MG Motors India- 157,000 subscribers
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-20190228_180206.jpg
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 22:59   #88
BHPian

MG displaying its models at Inorbit mall Hyderabad (1st to 3rd of this month), to show the look and feel of MG cars to Indian customers (As per the representative).

Some of the random pics of the cars displayed.

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9108.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9124.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9125.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9126.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9127.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9128.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9129.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9130.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9152.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9153.jpg

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_9157.jpg
vsun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 16:26   #89

Just saw the Hector at a product clinic. Great fit and finish. Worthy competitor. Panoramic sunroof, huge touchscreen, reasonable door thud. Let's see how the public responds.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like..... this......

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd March 2019 at 09:24. Reason: Dotty Post
mohananuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 17:41   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohananuj View Post
Just saw the Hector at a product clinic. Great fit and finish......worthy competitor. Panoramic sunroof, huge touchscreen, reasonable door thud.....let's see how the public responds
Ok I have to ask, what is a product clinic I am waiting for the hector but leaning towards the Tucson.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks