Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2019, 10:48   #1981
BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

In the meanwhile, found this video on youtube that explains and thoroughly tests the average of the Hector.

I found his methodology to be sane and the process to be error free. Would request if others can share their comments on that video.

He doesnt seems to 'hide' or 'fudge' anything throughout throughout the video IMHO.

don_carmaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 11:25   #1982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
In the meanwhile, found this video on Youtube that explains and thoroughly tests the average of the Hector.

I found his methodology to be sane and the process to be error free. Would request if others can share their comments on that video.
I've seen his diesel mileage test video of the Hector as well. Pretty decent methodology. Much better than the short drive videos and the reliance on MID figures.

Here's the updated pricelist for Kerala as well.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190929112212__01.jpg  

Last edited by coolkurt : 29th September 2019 at 11:27.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 11:37   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
In the meanwhile, found this video on Youtube that explains and thoroughly tests the average of the Hector.

Isn't that an 80-20 highway drive? Is that how a daily morning office commute in Bangalore looks like? I have my serious doubts about that. I don't remember a stretch where I could maintain 60kmph for more than 30 seconds in my morning commutes in Bangalore.
Old 29th September 2019, 12:13   #1984
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting a full refund on a cancelled booking is turning out to be a herculean task. After I cancelled my booking for the Diesel Super variant early in September, it took 22 days and numerous calls and whatsapp chases to finally get confirmation from the Chennai dealer that my refund was finally ready. In the days leading up to the D-Day (for refund not delivery - the anticipation was by then almost as much), I had asked whether the refund can be made direct to the credit card used to book or into my bank account so that I don't have to make another run to the dealership. The dealer insisted that it will be a cheque.

When I turned up for my cheque, I found it was only for around 48,750 rupees - meaning a full Rs. 1250 has been deducted without consulting the customer and no expalantions given. The supervisor later came around and told me it was becuase of credit card charges. I objected - I would have rather got the refund on the card, or to my bank account, it was the dealer's choice to make it a cheque - to gain maximum money float I assume. Also, there was no mnention of such a deduction in the original booking process on the MG site.

I think it is unfair of the dealer to do this, since I have booked and canceld mutliple cars in the past such as the Tata Harrier and Ford Endeavour and there has never been a deduction like this made. I will raise it with MG motors now.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 29th September 2019 at 12:17.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 13:07   #1985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think it is unfair of the dealer to do this, since I have booked and canceld mutliple cars in the past such as the Tata Harrier and Ford Endeavour and there has never been a deduction like this made. I will raise it with MG motors now.
It's the dealer's fault. Email MG. They'll sort out the issue as I've found them to be pretty responsive.

Can you elaborate on the reason for cancellation? Was it the dealership experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post

Will start my own thread on ownership review once I get delivery.
Hi Dhruvwali. It would be great if you could share your experience so far. Would be a big help for people looking for the DCT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadGarage View Post
A quick update on my experience with the DCT so far after 200 kms.

3. Absolutely loving the ride height and overall visibility. A very sedanish drive feeling as the steering is quite light in low speeds. I do not feel like I'm driving a big SUV at all.

6. Android auto has been hit and miss so far. It does not cover the entire screen (I knew this already from my TD). But for some reason, it disconnects when my phone is locked/unlocked manually. Not sure if my android work profile is causing this. Will try this with my brothers phone and update later.

13. How did I live so far without the 360 deg camera? In bumper to bumper traffic it makes it so easy to navigate this big SUV with the all around visibility.
3. Is the steering too light? Does it even get a bit weighted during a spirited highway sprint?

6. There's a new update for the software which brings in Apple Car Play. Maybe you could try that and see if there's an update to Android Auto as well.

13. The new update has improved the lag of the 360 degree camera as well. Would love to hear your feedback on that as I found the camera quality lacking. What it lacks in quality can be made up in responsiveness.

Last edited by coolkurt : 29th September 2019 at 13:14.
Old 29th September 2019, 13:53   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Hi Dhruvwali. It would be great if you could share your experience so far. Would be a big help for people looking for the DCT.
Getting my delivery tomorrow. Will share feedback in an ownership thread by next weekend for sure.

Meanwhile my dealer says sidestep board not available..and will be fitted next month. This is after @don_carmaster went to the showroom and coincidentally saw my car in the service area and whatsapped me pics.

When I confronted my SA he sheepishly told me this.

So guys, anyone waiting for delivery and have asked for accessories, don't assume they will be fitted. Check a day or 2 before, to be sure.

Last edited by dhruvwali : 29th September 2019 at 13:54.
dhruvwali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 14:00   #1987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Getting my delivery tomorrow. Will share feedback in an ownership thread by next weekend for sure.

Meanwhile my dealer says sidestep board not available..and will be fitted next month. This is after @don_carmaster went to the showroom and coincidentally saw my car in the service area and whatsapped me pics.

When I confronted my SA he sheepishly told me this.

So guys, anyone waiting for delivery and have asked for accessories, don't assume they will be fitted. Check a day or 2 before, to be sure.
I'd got feedback that the quality of the sidestep board is nothing to write about. Would be looking forward to know your opinion regarding the same.

Looking forward to your initial experience.
Old 29th September 2019, 14:04   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
I'd got feedback that the quality of the sidestep board is nothing to write about. Would be looking forward to know your opinion regarding the same.

Looking forward to your initial experience.
Yes, have told the dealer explicitly that others have complained about the same and if it gives any problems I will return it and will want a refund if MG cant solve my problem.
Old 29th September 2019, 18:18   #1989
Senior - BHPian

As I had elaborated on Team BHP a while ago, I posted my concern regarding the tailgate and sunroof reliability on the owners group on Facebook - MG Hector Club India and I got pretty positive feedback.

As of now, the car is holding up well and owners are a happy bunch. I'd say that's good news

Anyone interested in checking out my post on the Facebook group can PM me and I'll share the link.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190929171333__01.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190929180926__01.jpg  

Last edited by coolkurt : 29th September 2019 at 18:20.
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2019, 19:19   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
As I had elaborated on Team BHP a while ago, I posted my concern regarding the tailgate and sunroof reliability on the owners group on Facebook - MG Hector Club India and I got pretty positive feedback.

As of now, the car is holding up well and owners are a happy bunch. I'd say that's good news

Anyone interested in checking out my post on the Facebook group can PM me and I'll share the link.
Thanks @coolkurt
I believe I also saw some related posts in context of this incident stating that the new owner accidentally closed the sunroof curtain first and before the glass panel that led to some water flowing in. Not sure it was which of the 2 FB groups.
Old 29th September 2019, 22:30   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post
Thanks @coolkurt
I believe I also saw some related posts in context of this incident stating that the new owner accidentally closed the sunroof curtain first and before the glass panel that led to some water flowing in. Not sure it was which of the 2 FB groups.
It was in this forum only. Some guy had posted the above explanation. Glad to read that there's no major issue.

MG should have despatched higher numbers this month and then stabilising at 3000 units from November. The DCT remains in high demand in NCR with waiting periods close to 6 months, frustrating a lot of buyers who would have switched to the Seltos.

I don't see MG increasing production beyond 3000 units a month as it's where they expect the demand to stabilize.
Old 30th September 2019, 07:04   #1992
BHPian

MG Kalyannagar @ Bangalore has of late delivering good number of cars. They recently did a makeshift ramp in their backyard to store up the delivery vehicles. Speaking to the SA I found out that their Yelahanka yard is completely out of space and every dealership in the city have been asked to ramp up some space of their own.
Here are some pics as I could manage from a running auto. Please excuse the lack of finesse in composing the frames
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_3737.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_3736.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_3735.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_3734.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_3733.jpg  

DASKD24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 07:16   #1993
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
As an avid follower of your Hector and Seltos threads, I noticed the ambush marketing done by the MG marketing team on the Carwale website when checking for OTR price of Kia Seltos, attached is the screenshot for your reference. This particular ad doesn't pop up when searching for other vehicles like the Compass, Creta, XUV500, Tuscon etc. and is only triggered when one types Seltos in the search bar.

Considering all the negative reviews that are being posted on MG's FB group and people now cross hopping towards the Seltos, it seems like the MG marketing team have gone on a blitzkrieg against the Seltos.
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-hector_marketing.png
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 07:34   #1994
Senior - BHPian

Seltos is attracting the Millennial buyers. I know since a few in our circles have picked up. MG is attracting the slightly older set. So ambushing them may not make sense (makes sense only if you see them both being novelty, having launched at the same time)
Old 30th September 2019, 08:04   #1995
Senior - BHPian

The reason that the MG ad appears when you search for Seltos is because a lot of people are comparing the two cars on the website side by side.

Even on other websites like cardekho, I get the same ad. The hector with the Seltos. The kicks with the harrier.

It could well be a blitzkrieg by the brand coupled with actual interest by the consumer in comparing the vehicles.

What I also don't understand is where are people reading negative posts about complaints regarding the hector on the forums on Facebook? I'm a member on both the groups and I see no such complaints.

I was skeptical about the hector sunroof leak reports and posted a query regarding the same. My post was approved and owners' responded in the comments.

Even the leaking water video from the sunglass holder was panned by existing owners as fake who reassured by emphasising that there is no hole etc for the water to ingress from the sunroof into the sunglass holder. In such a case, even the roof fabric should have gotten wet. Fair observation.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190930075321.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190930075333.jpg  

coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks