Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2019, 10:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019

This video claims that this is the H7X interior leaked. While some bits like the Harrier's aviation inspired handbrake suggest it could be the H7X, I would not be entirely sure yet.

Old 9th January 2019, 10:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
This video claims that this is the H7X interior leaked.

This is the Video of old H5X scoop by Autocar India. Vehicle in the video is Harrier 5 seater.
tushky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 11:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Since we had heard that wheelbase of H7 is going to be same as H5, shouldn't there be a longer overhang. It looks the same here. Also, no show of 3rd row and doesnt seem to have one.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 14:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Since we had heard that wheelbase of H7 is going to be same as H5, shouldn't there be a longer overhang. It looks the same here. Also, no show of 3rd row and doesnt seem to have one.
I feel the same and i still believe that those prototypes spied in Europe are of 5 seater harrier
Old 9th January 2019, 14:49   #35
BHPian

Cross posting from the Harrier thread:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Source

Even as it gears up to launch the much-awaited Harrier on January 23, it’s an open secret that Tata Motors is concurrently readying a seven-seat version of the Harrier. But now, it’s official - the company has confirmed the news, and also mentioned a timeframe for the launch of this bigger variant of the Harrier.

Speaking to Autocar India, Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors, said the seven-seat Harrier will be part of a “firework of launches in calendar year 2019”.

How cool is that???
Interestingly while the original poster of the photographs thinks its the Harrier most of the Indian media has reported it as the H7X. The only discernible external difference is the black alloys. If you look as the side by side photo the bonnet is lower the tail light covers are removed but the lights themselves jut out and the rear overhang somehow looks different. All these are present in the H7X outline from the Omega Arc video. I also felt that the roof is much more straight. The overhang per se as per the above article only extends by 60 mm so should not be visually very discernible.

Also given the above news I do not understand how they would launch the 7 seater in 2019 unless they have already been testing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I feel the same and i still believe that those prototypes spied in Europe are of 5 seater harrier

Last edited by nainan : 9th January 2019 at 14:50. Reason: typo
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 17:37   #36
BHPian

If the rumours are true, then the Tata launch streak will continue with some exciting launches this year.

The Harrier's success is crucial for Tata to garner volumes and bite a chunk out of the meaty 5 seater suv segment sales. But the H7X is crucial for an entirely different reason.

Tata's aspirational SUV charge had perhaps halted with the Safari ('98 launch!). The Aria came years later to the party with a new chassis (finally the X2 platform rolled out of tatas drawing board). It was feature loaded to the gills, specs sheet could have made eyes water a few segments above and it was a superb paper tiger. It had the first AWD Adapterra, 6 airbags, ABS traction control and all round discs in 2010! Impossibly overambitious pricing and the looks that didn't match the aspirations of many customers, and the confusing crossover sales pitch for that time, saw the big cuddly Aria bomb and the rest is forgettable history. A facelift to better the face which probably only its mother could love saw few takers.
The Storme was an update to the safari badge and didn't quite set the sales charts on fire. T

The Tata lineup has been in need of a proper befitting flagship, for quite some time now. The stop gap Hexa built on the existing platform did win a lot of confidence for tata and it continues to sell for its truly VFM package. With the Nexons and the Tiagos flying out, tata has finally flipped enough pages beyond its murky history.

A 7 seater SUV, built on the LR platform, that looks good and loaded to the gills and priced right can put tata back on the aspirational map.

Many here, like myself, have lamented over TATA not reviving the legacy of the iconic Safari. Well here is the chance. The H7X if properly positioned can be the true resurrection of the legendary Safari. That badge still has a cult status and commands a loyal fan following, it would be a missed opportunity if tata doesn't cash in on its appeal and chooses instead to name the H7X after some other bird like Heron or Haartlaub or some other silly name just so it could rhyme with the Harrier. It would be wise to identify the 7 seater as a different product altogether sufficiently differentiated from the harrier. Personally, I wish it would demand sufficient distinction in the external design as well and the H7X ends up with a more classy and mature design that echoes with the timeless image of the safari.

Above the XUV AWD AT(23lac OTR Delhi), the field is wide open for a home made SUV. With the CKD Alturas currently positioned at the upper limit of the indigenous flagships (35 lac OTR Delhi), theres sufficient wiggle room for tata to plonk an impressive SUV at aggressive price point. In their zeal, they should just remember not to over-ambitiously enter the big boys league, lest be bullied to death by the Big T. If such wise ideas of premium pricing creep up, a quick look at their burnt finger should put them back on track, or else they can be peacefully put to rest beside the G4.

And it would be an unforgivable sin if they skip the AT+AWD variant on their flagship.

Finally if it stacks up right, I will happily upgrade from my Storme to this new Safari
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 13:36   #37
BHPian

Cross posting from the Harrier thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Another video of the H7X mule. The poster insists its the H7X and the pattern of black alloys and protruding tail lights is also present

https://Youtu.be/6teT_MThvl8
Old 15th January 2019, 12:52   #38
BHPian

Quote:
With the five-seat Harrier estimated to be price between Rs 16-21 lakh (on-road), expect the seven-seat version to cost around Rs. 1 lakh more.
While I think the 5 seaters pricing is way off where it needs to be I do think the 7 seater at 22 ex showroom is closer to being competitive.

source
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:05   #39
BHPian

While I am excited to see the 5 seater prices being released I am waiting for the 7 seater with the AT and more power. Actually I dont need the 7 seater but AT is a must and more power is a bonus.

Key question though: End of 2019 will be alarmingly close to April 2020 when BS VI will be enforced. So do we know if this Harrier will come with the BS VI engine and hence costing significantly more than expected?
Old 25th January 2019, 09:57   #40
BHPian

The timeline seems to have shortened further to a little over 6 months from now. This is getting very interesting:-

Quote:
The Tata Harrier’s 7-seat version (codename: Tata Q502) will also go on sale this year. The three-row version, so far referred to as the Tata H7X, will arrive “shortly after” the Tata 45X, Guenter Butschek, CEO and MD, Tata Motors, said yesterday.
source

Quote:
In fact, Guenter Butschek has said that the all-new premium hatchback will be launched in the next six months.
source
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 20:03   #41
BHPian

H7X concept to be displayed at Geneva Motor Show
aditya79india is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 13:29   #42
BHPian

Tata Harrier 7 seater H7X spied in India ahead of debut in March 2019

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-screenshot_20190203135408_chrome.jpg

Quote:
In terms of exterior styling, the H7X will get

• new C Pillars so as to enhance glass area,
  • Tri-arrow fog lamps,
  • LED DRLs,
  • large side air vents,
  • new skid plate pronounced wheel arches,
  • sloping roofline,
  • wrap around smoked tail lamps.

Source

Last edited by JS Kwt : 3rd February 2019 at 13:36.
JS Kwt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 14:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
'Concept' to be showed and not the actual car? Does it mean that they may take an year to launch the actual car (like it happened with the H5X).
Old 4th February 2019, 00:12   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
'Concept' to be showed and not the actual car? Does it mean that they may take an year to launch the actual car (like it happened with the H5X).
It does not appear so as various Tata officials have confirmed on record that it will launch in 2019 and very shortly after the 45X which itself is estimated in the June/July time frame. That said I am wondering if there is much interest in the car itself given the much lesser action on this thread compared to the Harrier thread.
Old 18th February 2019, 10:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The concept version of the Tata H7X 7-seater SUV will be shown at the Geneva Motor Show in March this year.

Prices of the Tata H7X are expected to range from Rs 14 to 20 lakh (ex-showroom). It will be pitted against the high-end Mahindra XUV500 variants and the MG Hector.
source
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed