Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2019, 08:26   #166
BHPian

Re: Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019

Tata is staying true to form... Got Indica, added third box... made Manza. Added a boot to Tiago...voila it's a Tigor! And now this Buzzard.
What a beautiful form, the Harrier has and then they decided to make a vulture out of a Harrier.
Guess it's the genes.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th March 2019 at 09:14. Reason: See note in post.
Old 7th March 2019, 08:42   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
Tata is staying true to form... Got Indica, added third box... made Manza. Added a boot to Tiago...voila it's a Tigor! And now this Buzzard.
What a beautiful form, the Harrier has and then they decided to make a vulture out of a Harrier.
Guess it's the genes.
Isn't this the industry norm? Maruti added boot to Swift, Hyundai added it to the grand-i10, and VW added it to polo and so on.

Now Tata is trying to offer 2 variants of Harrier (5 and a 5+2 seater), what's wrong in that? They have even created visual differentiation between the 2 models (whether we like or not, is a different story)!
tarik.arora is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 08:55   #168
BHPian

Somehow I cannot digest the look of Buzzard . Kind of reminds sumo grande from rear.
All the expectation I had on Buzzard is spoiled(keeping in mind how good Harrier looks).
Altroz looks great though

H2X too looks funky. Going with TATA tradition, I guess the production version will be close to concept . 4x4 by any chance ?

Last edited by Asish_VK : 7th March 2019 at 08:58.
Old 7th March 2019, 08:56   #169
BANNED

If names had any influence in car buying decision, Creta would not have been selling like hot cakes. Adding a ‘X’ in front of Creta makes it something vomit worthy, still it does not make any impact. I don’t think anyone would be checking those while buying cars, until and unless you name it using ‘unparliamentary words’.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 08:57   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax&Cruise View Post
Who decides these names? Don't they check if there are any negative connotations of the names they choose.
I think in one of the videos maybe motorbeams where they said that Tata apparently decided to go for a different name in India due to the negative connotations to Buzzard. They did a similar thing for Tiago which was called Zica earlier
nainan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 09:05   #171
BHPian

Am I the only one who like the rear but not the face? The H5X concept was good looking but IMO the head lamp design in its production guise spoiled the looks. The Harrier face is yet to grow on me, but I like how Tata has extended the rear.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 10:19   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Isn't this the industry norm? Maruti added boot to Swift, Hyundai added it to the grand-i10, and VW added it to polo and so on.
It has become industry norm now, but it was Tata who started it, remember Indigo, all others followed. Coming back to Buzzard, it looks stunning in the images on gaadiwaadi.com but frankly speaking it did not make feel as a upgrade from my Hexa unless it comes with Auto + 4x4 option.

Additionally the article on gaadiwaadi. com says that, "The Tata Buzzard will rival firmly against Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tucson, Mahindra XUV500 and even Honda CR-V". I thought it will be positioned against Ford Endeavour / Toyota Fortuner.
FirstRay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 10:23   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstRay View Post
It has become industry norm now, but it was Tata who started it, remember Indigo, all others followed. Coming back to Buzzard, it looks stunning in the images on gaadiwaadi.com but frankly speaking it did not make feel as a upgrade from my Hexa unless it comes with Auto + 4x4 option.
Absolutely right, Tata was the one to start this but i would blame the government for making such tax laws.

Totally agree with you on this. Hexa has its own positives and Buzzard in its current form cannot match it. Hexa just needs a proper mid life upgrade in terms of features and it will be back to its numbers. It may even cross the 1000 units mark.

Last edited by tarik.arora : 7th March 2019 at 10:25.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 10:24   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Don't forget Honda who made 3 cars out of the humble Brio - the Amaze, the Mobilio and the BR-V.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 10:58   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Am I the only one who like the rear but not the face? The H5X concept was good looking but IMO the head lamp design in its production guise spoiled the looks. The Harrier face is yet to grow on me, but I like how Tata has extended the rear.
Partly with you.

The rear constantly reminds me of the Merc GLS, which is very good. For the front, even I didn't like it much in the Harrier, especially in that Orange. But I saw a Harrier in white last night. From a distance, it looked like an uber cool imported car with huge presence. Even from a close view, it looks very good with those eyebrow type DRLs and the headlights on.

If you ask me, I like that sky blue color of the display car and even those grey elements in it.

Last edited by ashis89 : 7th March 2019 at 11:00.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 11:43   #176
BHPian

I think that the rear of Buzzard looks like current gen Endeavour.
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 11:48   #177
BHPian

Well it ain't smashing but is still pleasant on the eyes. The last row as expected seems sufficient for kids only and adults would be uncomfortable over any distance on the north of 5 kms. Now that we are used to the Harrier, the C pillar area seems a bit disproportionate.
However, I still am hoping against hope that the Harrier, Buzzard and Altroz will bring back the magic for Tata Motors. Good luck fellas.
Old 7th March 2019, 11:58   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstRay View Post
"The Tata Buzzard will rival firmly against Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tucson, Mahindra XUV500 and even Honda CR-V". I thought it will be positioned against Ford Endeavour / Toyota Fortuner.
Buzzard can be positioned only at a small premium to the Harrier, considering the differences and also the positioning of the XUV 5OO alongside the Harrier. Compass is a near rival in pricing.

But Tucson / CR-V / Ford Endeavour / Toyota Fortuner - will all be a whole segment above in pricing!

Quote:
Hexa has its own positives and Buzzard in its current form cannot match it. Hexa just needs a proper mid life upgrade in terms of features and it will be back to its numbers. It may even cross the 1000 units mark.
Hexa should have been positioned as a VFM Innova competitor instead - like how Marazzo is being marketed by Mahindra. However - TATA has positioned the Hexa as an SUV, and actually is a better option than Buzzard except for the SUV'ish looks.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 12:08   #179
BHPian

Somehow, I didn’t like the styling at all. The squared out rear section is completely at odds with the swoopy front section, and the non linear window line is giving me the jitters.

For the past five years or so, every new launch from Tata has been good looking. The Buzzard and the Altroz are complete downers IMHO.

And what’s with that name??
Old 7th March 2019, 13:47   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Buzzard can be positioned only at a small premium to the Harrier, considering the differences and also the positioning of the XUV 5OO alongside the Harrier. Compass is a near rival in pricing.

But Tucson / CR-V / Ford Endeavour / Toyota Fortuner - will all be a whole segment above in pricing!
True and this pricing bracket has a lot of potential and very less competition with just an ageing XUV(due for update next year or thereabouts). With a fit and finish clearly head and shoulders above the XUV(Harrier for all its panel gap woes is still much better than an XUV) this would be a more compelling package

Now if they were to establish its SUV credentials with a proper 4WD which should not be difficult given that both the Compass and the Disco Sport use the same OEM and the Safari brand name which will truly differentiate it from the MUV's this could prove to be a serious contender to even the Endeavour & Fortuner. It has the looks, the driving dynamics and features too to a great extent. I feel the 4WD irrespective of demand or sales is a must feature to take on the big guns in the 5+2 seater SUV segment and will also work to add to the SUV appeal of the vehicle. Even though 4WD demand is less I feel its affordability/combination with automatic that tilts the balance and a 4WD option in the lower variants would translate to more "Bolero upgrade" customers.

Quote:
Hexa should have been positioned as a VFM Innova competitor instead - like how Marazzo is being marketed by Mahindra. However - TATA has positioned the Hexa as an SUV, and actually is a better option than Buzzard except for the SUV'ish looks.
I think the positioning of the Hexa should change from SUV to a capable MUV that it looks like and perhaps a new Hexa should be announced on the Omega platform giving a message to customers that this is not a moniker thats soon going to be ditched which will allay the resale worry to an extent.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks