Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2019, 15:00   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019

Could this be the next Safari? Will be right in time as well with the current Storme due to be shelved by end 2019(?). Or maybe it'll be a Safari in spirit, being their flagship, just like Safari was till Aria came along. Somehow I feel they may not want to carry on the Safari brand forward in this segment. Time will tell.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:14   #152
Team-BHP Support

Curious to know why TATA just couldn't keep it simple like this, and had to go for two quirky additions at the rear instead!

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-2.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:24   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Curious to know why TATA just couldn't keep it simple like this, and had to go for two quirky additions at the rear instead!

Because keeping it simple will make this SUV look like every other suv in the market. i feel it is the color which making the looks of a Buzzard bland. We should wait for other colors. It will look great in darker shades.

Last edited by ajmat : 6th March 2019 at 17:51. Reason: typo
tushky is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:33   #154
TRR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I think the hullabaloo around the kink in the rear quarter glass and that extension has been blown way out of proportion. In fact, I think these quirks (both in the Altroz and Buzzard) are what is going to differentiate the Tatas from the rest of the market. At least to me, these cars are a breath of fresh air in an otherwise plain Jane market of cars. I appreciate the fact that Tata is at least trying to break convention and bringing in different designs.

Like others said, looks are subjective. What one person likes might not be liked by someone else. At the end of the day, I don't think someone buying this car would ignore every other feature this car has (or might have) and judge the car solely on that rear window and extension. And neither should we
TRR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 16:17   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

I was passively checking out the Buzzard. Would I be wrong in assessing this to be a 5+2 seater and not a full-time 7 seater? That last row can't be all that roomy since there's only a 6 cm body length increase over the Harrier's.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 17:56   #156

Well I sure hope Tata Motors does not use the Buzzard (rhymes with absurd) moniker in India. Wonder why they didn't consider "Condor" as a choice?
Old 6th March 2019, 19:01   #157
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Here it is in all its glory, the seven seater version of the Harrier called the Buzzard. Buzzard for the Geneva visit only I guess as the Harrier was named Buzzard Sport over there. Maybe coz Toyota has the Harrier and can't be used overseas.

Gets rear discs
Raised roofline for headroom, Discoverish silhouette.

Pic Credit: Motorbeam and Rushlane.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-tatabuzzard.jpg  

Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019-tatabuzzardlaunchpriceindia12.jpg  

Speedshift is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 19:54   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad_Wind View Post
Well I sure hope Tata Motors does not use the Buzzard (rhymes with absurd) moniker in India. Wonder why they didn't consider "Condor" as a choice?
We've got Buzzards in India, but no Condors.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 21:37   #159
R_R
BHPian

I am not too bothered by the rear 3-quarter design or even the name. I am wondering if this will at least have the auto+4wd combo. Anything on the features?
Old 6th March 2019, 22:17   #160
BHPian

Autocar India just released a footage of the H7X and it indeed is named as Buzzard.

Rear seats although not spacious, but are practical enough with convenience of a rear AC vent, usb and audio jack. Automatic is also going to be on offer.

All eyes should now be on the pricing and the premium it commands over harrier.

Source:ACI
Suryendu87 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 23:35   #161
BHPian

I liked the design elements of the rear quarter and I must say that it will definitely make Buzzard stand out from other cars in the market.
Seeing the Autocar video, I must say that Buzzard is more of 5+2 seater than a proper 7 seater.
The colour choice of all the display cars except the Altroz EV is too bland.
SubhoMoto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 05:45   #162
BHPian

Kudos to Tata for thinking different and going with the design language. I like the exterior elements and the color too. Please find a better name for it.

Last edited by TorqMaster : 7th March 2019 at 05:46.
TorqMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 07:52   #163
BHPian

Buzzard... really!! are there any nomenclature standards they follow. The name seems apt for a 'hearse van' model. Nobody's seen any westerns or read any cowboy comics??
How can you name it after a vulture?
(No, I have nothing against the bird, probably the most important animal in the food chain. But you still wonder why...)
jazzrockz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 07:57   #164
Senior - BHPian

Apparently, "Buzzard" is the name chosen for the international market, while it looks like India might get a different name.

The Harrier is called the "Buzzard Sport" outside India because Toyota owns the rights to the moniker.

Safari blends well to the 7 seater. It looks like a new generation Safari especially with similar roof rails. Doesn't matter if you ask. A rose by any other name smells just as sweet.

Zica was ridiculed. When it was renamed Tiago, everyone said Zica was better. Now the Tiago and the Tigor are household names, posting around 10k sales every month.
discoverwild is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 08:24   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
Buzzard... really!! are there any nomenclature standards they follow. The name seems apt for a 'hearse van' model. Nobody's seen any westerns or read any cowboy comics??
How can you name it after a vulture?
(No, I have nothing against the bird, probably the most important animal in the food chain. But you still wonder why...)
I was thinking along similar lines and on a Hexa group chat saw similar comments, one gent goes buzzard is a majestic bird, lol maybe in India but for me buzzards circle when death is abound.

I know, what is in a name, yet while purchasing the Hexa, one of my thoughts was whose idea was it to put a Hex (a) on their own car, only Tata.

Who decides these names? Don't they check if there are any negative connotations of the names they choose.

Last edited by Relax&Cruise : 7th March 2019 at 08:27. Reason: Gammar correction
Relax&Cruise is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks