Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2019, 22:25   #301
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs

Drove the all new WagonR 1.2 and I really liked this car for its punchy engine, more cabin space, better ride and handling and the fact that it comes with dual airbags plus ABS.

But one thing which I can't understand and I consider it as a design failure is the placement of the centre air vents for AC. Really pathetic placement. The centre right one will freeze your left knuckles and worse thing is that the centre left vent cannot be adjusted to throw air on the driver side. It will only work towards the passenger side.
Although the corner vents are sufficiently large enough and throw out good amount of air with air blower set at level 3 but still the placement of centre vents is unacceptable.

This, along with the absence of rear blower makes it only worse for the rear passengers. Mind you WagonR is a large car inside with big glasses which leads to more green house effect.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 20th April 2019 at 22:27.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 11:51   #302
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Maruti WagonR spied. Edit: Launched @ Rs. 4.19 lakhs

We have a WagonR in the family from the previous generation (first AMT series) and it has been holding pretty well for city conditions. However lack of airbags was something which was on our minds and I thought of taking a test drive of this new one while giving my Dzire for some suspension work at Pratham Motors Outer Ring Rd Bangalore. I was quickly offered a car for test drive. Few observations:
1. Very spacious. The second row specially is much much better than the previous generation
2. Visibility from driving seat is good. You cannot see the bonnet like the 1st gen but its almost same as the previous generation. Helps in sharp turnings in narrow lanes
3. Suspension and ride comfort - pretty good for the price range. But not at Tiago level. Somehow I found Tiago to be having the best suspension in this category.
4. Body is very ttiny and narrow doors. The car feels light. Don't think WagonR was ever crash tested.
5. No rear adjustable head rest. This was adjustable in previous generation.
6. AMT head bang is there if you drive with heavy foot. Drive with a light foot and give time for gearbox to change ratio based on sound and I was fine
7. Sales representative mentioned it has so called creep function but on an flyover incline it was rolling back a bit when starting from a complete stop and then moving forward. You need the handbrake here.
8. No offer as such but yes he said he can do something with exchange bonus if I exchange my old one.

Thanked the Sales Representative and said will come back. Thought of sharing with this group as felt it might help someone interested in this car.

Mod Note: Our Maruti WagonR Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 28th May 2019 at 15:33.
busydrive is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks