Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2018, 11:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Fiesta service campaign for door latch issue

Thanks to Subhashith T K for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Ford Fiesta service campaign for door latch issue-fiesta-recall.jpg

Ford has announced a service campaign to fix a door latch issue on the 2014 Fiesta.

The carmaker has notified customers about the issue and has requested them to contact the nearest Ford dealer to schedule an appointment. The door latches are being inspected for cracks and are being replaced if necessary.

The total number of cars that are affected by this issue is not known, however this seems to be part of a global recall that was announced back in 2017. Customers can check if their vehicle is among those recalled by entering the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on this website.

In case of change of ownership, customers can contact the Customer Relationship Centre (CRC) at 1800 419 2500 / 1800 425 2500 or by email - custmail@ford.com

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 15:39   #2
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta service campaign for door latch issue

Got this in mail a few days ago. My fiesta's 5th service is due. Right on time. Glad to know Ford hasn't forgotten about us. It has been a wonderful ownership experience. No complaints yet. Fill it, shut it and enjoy the drive.

Last edited by Sebzgeo89 : 29th October 2018 at 15:41.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 15:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

All the four outer handles on my father's 2009 Honda City have been cracked for at least the last 3 years - but still functional though. Pretty sure that it is not a case of customer abuse, as my parents rarely use the rear door handles. Good to see Ford taking the route of voluntary recall, that too for a defunct model
Old 30th October 2018, 00:14   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

This was the same recall Ford had on the Fiesta here - I know since I owned the 2013 model, and took it to the nearest Ford dealership to get it addressed promptly. I would have rather that Ford announced the recall in India much earlier, considering its 4 years in.
Old 30th October 2018, 09:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
This was the same recall Ford had on the Fiesta here - I know since I owned the 2013 model, and took it to the nearest Ford dealership to get it addressed promptly. I would have rather that Ford announced the recall in India much earlier, considering its 4 years in.

How long did the entire process take ? What did they exactly do ?
I'm worried to give the car to the ford dealers here knowing that they might screw up what looks and works alright ?!?
Old 30th October 2018, 16:20   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
How long did the entire process take ? What did they exactly do ?
I'm worried to give the car to the ford dealers here knowing that they might screw up what looks and works alright ?!?
Mitchell Selig Ford took 2 days to complete the recall replacement, primarily on account of having to procure the correct parts; the door latches they had in stock were not the right parts. Bear in mind that the Fiesta hatch sold in relatively low numbers here and I could give the dealer the benefit-of-doubt for not having the right parts in stock. Other than that, it was a pretty straight-forward recall fix with no complications foreseen or observed.

Last edited by theMAG : 30th October 2018 at 16:22.
Old 10th November 2018, 21:42   #7
BHPian

My left rear door of my 2014 fiesta gave way sometime last March. Had done about 175000 kms and approached the dealer. Told them that issues where reported online but they refused replacement. Spent 14k on replacement on the latch and sold the car.
commander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 08:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Our Fiesta (2015 manufactured) is also recalled. Though I am yet to encounter the issue or any symptoms. Anyways, planning to get this done when I take the car for service later this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
My left rear door of my 2014 fiesta gave way sometime last March. Had done about 175000 kms and approached the dealer.
What was the exact issue? The door not closing/ locking? And is this issue only for the left door?

And is that odo reading correct? 1.75 lakhs is some reading for a 2014 Fiesta.
Old 13th November 2018, 10:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Our Fiesta (2015 manufactured) is also recalled. Though I am yet to encounter the issue or any symptoms. Anyways, planning to get this done when I take the car for service later this month.

What was the exact issue? The door not closing/ locking? And is this issue only for the left door?

And is that odo reading correct? 1.75 lakhs is some reading for a 2014 Fiesta.
Yes 1.75 it is. The latch gave way. The door refused to close after that. So had it tied down to the left front seat via inside door handle. Got the replacement parts in 2 weeks.

Good car though. Sold it due to inconsistent ford service centers.
commander is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 08:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

I got the door latches - all 4 of them replaced over the weekend for our Fiesta. The job takes quite a bit of time as the door pads got to be removed as well. I was not happy with that as I hate removing the factory trim. It has never been removed in our car till now.

Knowing this fully well, Rakesh (Service Manager) gave me an option to take the new kit home and continue with stock. But it was not worth the risk as the latch when it fails goes without a warning.

Never had any issue with the latches on our car and the new kit is also behaving the same way.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 18:03   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I got the door latches - all 4 of them replaced over the weekend for our Fiesta. The job takes quite a bit of time as the door pads got to be removed as well. I was not happy with that as I hate removing the factory trim. It has never been removed in our car till now.

Knowing this fully well, Rakesh (Service Manager) gave me an option to take the new kit home and continue with stock. But it was not worth the risk as the latch when it fails goes without a warning.

Never had any issue with the latches on our car and the new kit is also behaving the same way.
@deetjohn, did you have to pay anything for the replacement? Labour charges? And did they replace all four, or do they check something and replace based on the results.

Even I need to get this done on my 2011 global fiesta, but had skipped last time since service manager told the replacement work would take about four hours (an hour per door). So decided to get it done with the scheduled service instead.
Old 18th December 2018, 22:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
@deetjohn, did you have to pay anything for the replacement? Labour charges? And did they replace all four, or do they check something and replace based on the results.
No, nothing. Its like any other recall - so both labor and parts are covered by the manufacturer.

And there are no checks done. The existing units are swapped with new ones. The dealer I go to here had almost 4 units in stock when I visited them.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 01:08   #13
BHPian

My car as well got all 4 latch units replaced. And it was free of cost.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks