Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2019, 15:53   #151
BHPian

re: Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs

Aginst the tide, I find this design interesting. Definitely not conventional. From side profile, treatment of C piller and overall design flow is a departure from accepted design language but nicely blended.

Let's see how it appears in real world three dimensions!
Old 23rd December 2019, 17:51   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Yeah, I take back whatever I said about the Suzuki Espresso. This is now the poster car for bad design in India.
These were the exact words which we discussed at home.

At times I wonder, when designing a new car, how many levels of design approvals (not technical, only aesthetics) you need before you create a mass market car. Cant they just go for a poll, with the number of participants more than 15-20
shashi792 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:41   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
[left]Date: 19 & 20 Dec 2019
Thanks for the images

This front face somehow reminds me this fish. So we moved from Cheetah's, tigers ?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-front-grill-detailing.jpg  

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-img_2299.jpg  

Last edited by saisree : 23rd December 2019 at 19:43.
saisree is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 21:24   #154
Senior - BHPian

Everyone is talking about looks, but Hyundai has decided to give the 100ps turbo petrol option for enthusiasts with wider wheels this might be a decent performer.
Old 24th December 2019, 00:10   #155
BHPian

Hyundai sacrificed aesthetics for cost cutting. Aura uses the same rear door as i10 nios which suits the hatchback but not this sedan. The grand i10 and Xcent too used the same panels but it looked better integrated overall.
Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-images-20191223t235101.711.jpg
Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-hyundaicolor5986.png

MSIL atleast was sensible enough to design a new rear door for Dzire, even though anything they would have come up would have been a blockbuster anyways.
Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-20120330095007_dsc_6668.jpg

Hyundai has taken the market for granted perhaps and believes that anything they dish out would have that minimum market share so why invest in design and development.

I think the body coloured C pillar would make Aura look better than whatever it is now.
Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-hyundaixcent2020204e.jpg
wrongturn is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 08:33   #156
BHPian

I think wrongturn is right - body colored C pillar will improve the looks. Hope some photoshop savvy bhpian edits the side profile photo and shares with us.
k_kumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 18:23   #157
Senior - BHPian

Left-hand-drive Hyundai Aura with no roof spotted

Thanks to Mohan R V for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-img_20191224_111725.jpg

A weird test mule of the Hyundai Aura has been spotted. The image shows that the car does not have a roof and the steering wheel is on the left hand side. It is likely that this car is being used for ad shoots.

The car is equipped with dual-tone alloy wheels and has chrome door handles. The rear of the car is covered in camouflage. Also, a white tarp is covering the rear seats.

Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-img_20191224_111729.jpg

The Hyundai Aura was unveiled earlier this month. In India, the car will be offered with three engine options including a 1.2-litre petrol unit producing 82 BHP and 113 Nm, 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine producing 99 BHP and 172 Nm and a 1.2-litre diesel engine with 74 BHP and 190 Nm. Transmission options will include a 5-speed manual and 5-speed AMT.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 22:43   #158
BHPian

As a UI development team member, I think, this is how a product looks when a Product Manager designs the user interface (thinks that he is a better designer) and passes on to the development team to come up with the end product.
vijayshouree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 22:59   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Left-hand-drive Hyundai Aura with no roof spotted
A weird test mule of the Hyundai Aura has been spotted. The image shows that the car does not have a roof and the steering wheel is on the left hand side. It is likely that this car is being used for ad shoots.
Most probably it's been used to shoot commercial pics and clips, it's not a test mule.
Old 25th December 2019, 23:05   #160
Team-BHP Support

The car has a pretty clean silhouette, the prominent creases on the front and rear quarter panels mitigate the 'chopped off abruptly' feeling (enforced by the sub-4m rule) to a large extent.

What arguably ruins it though, is the abrupt transition at the C-Pillar from a sharply rising window-line to a drooping slope towards the tail. Should've either flattened that out in a gentler curve, or let the line continue to the end (leading to much smaller black section on the C-Pillar).

At night under lights, it looks less like a floating roof and more like a missing C-Pillar. One could argue it's semantics and amounts to the same thing, but the difference is striking when seen in person between day and night.

The shrunk-down Elantra rear would look better with smaller badging and minus the chrome on the bottom strip.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 12:32   #161
BANNED

Outright horrendous looking car. Wonder what Hyundai's Design Deptt were upto ? Who cleared this for final production ? Mark my words, this is going to bomb in the market. Ultimately, it will land up as the present Xcent .. as a taxi.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 16:16   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Outright horrendous looking car. Wonder what Hyundai's Design Deptt were upto ? Who cleared this for final production ? Mark my words, this is going to bomb in the market. Ultimately, it will land up as the present Xcent .. as a taxi.
If the only criteria to buy a car was it’s design, there would be very few takers for most of the cars sold in India. Thankfully, it isn’t that way so let’s hold our horses before we kill and bury them.
It should be a good package (as with all other Hyundais), especially with the 1.0GDi.
Old 26th December 2019, 19:51   #163
Senior - BHPian

It looks like Hyundai has loaned all its senior designers to Kia and kept the interns for itself.

The designers made the sketches and left the rest for the interns.

The current gen i20 and the Creta have been their best designs so far. And now their designs are turning back towards their 90s days.

And I think I know, where did they took the inspiration of the Aura from.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Aura (2nd-gen Hyundai Xcent). Edit: Launched at 5.8 lakhs-hyundaivernatransform15diesel20102011.jpg  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 26th December 2019 at 19:54.
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 22:25   #164
BHPian

It is stout: it is short and tall. It is disproportionate. It is not sleek by any stretch of imagination. Most sedans are shorter than this Hyundai, and longer by 300 to 400mm.

It is of course practical in terms of ingress and egress, and more headroom inside. In some cars designers win, in some cars bean counters win. Hyundai Aura is later.
Old 27th December 2019, 07:39   #165
BANNED

I think it looks cool, but they should do something about that wide front grill, may be change the grill to horizontal bars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks