Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2019, 20:17   #241
BANNED

Re: The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)

Hyundai Venue SUV Dashboard Design Revealed In New Teaser.

Source
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 07:22   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Blue Link Technology-Official TVC

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 11:45   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Blue Link Technology-Official TVC
The car showcased in the Ad is a sedan, seems like an Elantra.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-untitled.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th April 2019 at 13:48. Reason: video link removed
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 12:58   #244
Senior - BHPian

I saw this near the Hyundai plant in Sriperumbudur, Chennai, earlier today. Looks like a baby Creta.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-5e19aee75aba4e6fbe4b73ef992a2e8d.jpeg  

hserus is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 14:28   #245
Senior - BHPian

I don't want a spy constantly observing my routine and listening to my words. Hope this Bluelink is only limited to top versions.
Old 12th April 2019, 14:37   #246
BHPian

I just hope the Venue is the best handling Hyundai till date. If it is, Hyundai would have addressed the one major chink in its armour. Eagerly waiting for launch. An AT in top spec would mean trading my i20 Active for Venue.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 17:18   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Venue seen along with Maruti Swift giving an idea about the size of the all-new sub-four metre SUV from Hyundai’s stable.

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-hyundaielitei20exterior154161.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-hyundaielitei20exterior154160.jpg

The Hyundai Venue SUV (aka Carlino)-hyundaielitei20exterior154162.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 18:43   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai Venue seen along with Maruti Swift giving an idea about the size of the all-new sub-four metre SUV from Hyundai’s stable.
It seems that Swift is running on aftermarket tires & rim, not stock.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 19:07   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Dimension wise, it looks just a little bigger than the Swift and the i20 there. To me, the size looks similar to the Honda WRV.
Old 12th April 2019, 19:40   #250
Senior - BHPian

Compared to Swift, Venue looks quite compact and small, smaller than Brezza too. With all that Bluelink tech and all, turbo engine and DCT transmission, I wonder how the pricing will be. Surely will be the most expensive one in its segment. Also reliability of DCT transmission is still a question. I feel 1.4L engine with TC gearbox would have been more ideal for Indian market, compared to size and segment.
Old 12th April 2019, 20:11   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
With all that Bluelink tech and all, turbo engine and DCT transmission, I wonder how the pricing will be. Surely will be the most expensive one in its segment.
I think the pricing is going to overlap with Creta for sure. At least for few of the variants.
Old 13th April 2019, 10:00   #252
BHPian

This seems like an i20 active territory vehicle. Just by size, it won't fit into the brezza and Nexon buyers list. At most it'll eat into a few top end hatchbacks like the baleno, i20 and jazz. If the price point is beyond these fully loaded hatches then I suspect this won't find much buyers. The creta works because there is no other vehicle in that ideal size. It hits the sweet spot despite being overpriced because those considering it have nothing else to compare with. Most city dwellers want a car that looks like an SUV with good ground clearance and easy to park size. This car will have it's work cut out. Sure Hyundai may charge some premium but in this price bracket they can't over do their pricing.
chittybang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 10:41   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
This seems like an i20 active territory vehicle. Just by size, it won't fit into the brezza and Nexon buyers list. At most it'll eat into a few top end hatchbacks like the baleno, i20 and jazz. If the price point is beyond these fully loaded hatches then I suspect this won't find much buyers. The creta works because there is no other vehicle in that ideal size. It hits the sweet spot despite being overpriced because those considering it have nothing else to compare with. Most city dwellers want a car that looks like an SUV with good ground clearance and easy to park size. This car will have it's work cut out. Sure Hyundai may charge some premium but in this price bracket they can't over do their pricing.
I am wondering how are you so sure about the size. DO you know the specs or have you seen the car in person?
Make no mistake, this car will be priced much higher than Brezze/Nexon right in the Ecosport/XUV300 category and going by the features, powertrain and typical Hyundai feel-good quality, it will probably raise the bar in the segment. Not only this will impact the Ecosport buyers, it might actually push some people from Brezza territory as well. I want to always encourage manufacturers from launching cars with the latest and greatest technologies as it lifts the overall standards of the segment though might be at a higher price.
Old 13th April 2019, 10:42   #254
Senior - BHPian

Guys, its just the angle of the pictures. Secondly, even the Brezza, Nexon would look the same next to i20 and the Swift in similar angled photos. Hyundai is a veteran in India. They will match the dimensions of the Brezza to the last inch. And they all have to be under 4m, so trust Hyundai to go down to 3.95!
Its the height and the front stance that will make the eventual difference. From whatever I see, the Venue seems to have taken some cues from the Creta in terms of stance.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 10:46   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Guys, its just the angle of the pictures. Secondly, even the Brezza, Nexon would look the same next to i20 and the Swift in similar angled photos. Hyundai is a veteran in India. They will match the dimensions of the Brezza to the last inch. And they all have to be under 4m, so trust Hyundai to go down to 3.95!
Its the height and the front stance that will make the eventual difference. From whatever I see, the Venue seems to have taken some cues from the Creta in terms of stance.
I agree. This is aimed squarely at the Brezza and is just about a hair under 4m. Angled roof so I am not sure about headroom for rear seated tall people.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks