Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2018, 10:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross updated with new features

So, Delta is the new Zeta then.

Zeta was the hot favourite among the variants before this rejig. The sub 10 lakh ex-showroom price kept that OTR pretty good value for money. Road tax being the biggest contributor adding 2%.
Three of my colleagues bought the facelifted model in the past few months and I need not tell which variant it was. Delta will takeover that mantle now I guess.

Good on MSIL to provide rear wash wipe on the Delta. That is a mandatory feature for me. Even the Baleno AT gets it from Delta. However, they don't have it for the Ignis AT though.

Still much better than Hyundai who doesn't give rear wash wipe except on the top variants. I think the new i10 AT doesn't even get it across variants. Such skimpiness!!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 09:43   #17
BHPian

It’s obvious now delta will be the best seller. Basically maruti is selling the car at same price (as earlier zeta) with some reduced features.
Earlier there was an onroad price difference of approx 1.8lac between zeta and alpha which was difficult to justify just for headlamps and leather seats. Now the difference will be about 1.2 lakhs, so anyone considering zeta might go for alpha as the extra features can be justified for the price. Leather seats itself is 30-40k.
And now since cost difference between zeta and alpha is reduced so that will increase sales of alpha variant. So i guess its a smart move from maruti to now drive sales for delta and alpha variants. Zeta will be the least selling now.
Not to mention the extra accessories that will be sold for the delta variants like touchscreen, reverse camera, fog lamps, etc.

In all a smart move by maruti i guess.
Old 11th September 2018, 18:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Updated Maruti S-Cross priced from Rs. 8.85 lakh

Maruti Suzuki has announced the pricing for the updated S-Cross. The crossover is available in 4 variants with prices starting at Rs. 8.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Maruti S-Cross updated with new features-scross.jpg

Maruti is now offering rear parking sensors, speed alert and passenger side seat belt reminder as standard across all variants of the S-Cross. New features that have been added to the Delta trim include machined alloy wheels, cruise control, automatic climate control, electric foldable ORVMs with integrated turn signals and rear washer, wiper and defogger.

The top-spec Alpha variant gets automatic LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs, rain sensing wipers, leather upholstery, SmartPlay touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity among others.

The S-Cross is available with a 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine with mild hybrid technology. It produces 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 200 Nm of torque @ 1,750 rpm and is paired with a 5-speed manual transmission.

Variant-wise ex-showroom prices:

Sigma - Rs. 8.85 lakh
Delta - Rs. 9.97 lakh
Zeta - Rs. 10.45 lakh
Alpha - Rs. 11.45 lakh

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 20:39   #19
BHPian

Looks like more a case of Maruti jacking up the prices as soon as the sales picked up.

Case in point : The Zeta variant was available at 9.98L ex-showroom Bangalore. Now a bit of stripped down version is being sold at the same price in the name of Delta, while the price of Zeta shoots well above 10L ex-showroom Bangalore (think its same as Pune prices).

And what do buyers of Zeta and Alpha variants get for the increase in price?!
styx71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 21:38   #20
A M
BHPian

I suspect Suzuki is making space for the petrol version. Deducting 1 lakh from the unrevised prices of diesel versions, the petrol variants would be priced too close to Baleno.
A M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 22:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Where is the petrol version?
At least for the sake of it, Maruti should offer the 1.5 petrol and the auto combination.
Many people who generally drive mostly in the city would be tempted if they undercut the Creta petrol AT and also Creta diesel AT by a huge margin.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 23:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Where is the petrol version?
At least for the sake of it, Maruti should offer the 1.5 petrol and the auto combination.
Many people who generally drive mostly in the city would be tempted if they undercut the Creta petrol AT and also Creta diesel AT by a huge margin.
I cannot agree more.
S-cross petrol will be typically priced 1.5L below the equivalent diesel going by the Ciaz pricing. This means that the Petrol Alpha S-cross will have an ex-showroom price below 10L. Assuming the petrol automatic is priced 0.5 lakh below diesel, we are looking at an ex-showroom price of below 10L INR for the Zeta automatic. That would be a steal

I am waiting for the S-cross petrol automatic so that I can replace my Swift Petrol with it
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks