Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2018, 17:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Etios Liva Limited Edition launched at Rs. 6.51 lakh

Toyota has launched a limited edition of the Etios Liva hatchback. It comes in a dual-tone colour scheme and is offered in both petrol and diesel variants priced at Rs. 6,50,700 and Rs. 7,65,700 (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.

Toyota Etios Liva Limited Edition launched at Rs. 6.51 lakh-ar_ab_toyota-liva-front-34th-studio_08.jpg

The Etios Liva Limited Edition is available in Super White exterior colour option with blacked-out A, B and C-pillars, roof, ORVMs and rear spoiler. The front features a black grille with red accents and red fog lamp bezel. The car also gets red door handles, red boot garnish and decals on the sides.

Toyota Etios Liva Limited Edition launched at Rs. 6.51 lakh-ar_vk_liva_top-front-34th-studio-shot_le_v2.jpg

The limited edition Liva comes with an all-black interior with red accents on the dashboard. It has a 3-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, gear knob with red highlights and red air-conditioning vent trim. The car comes equipped with a 6.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system and reverse camera.

Toyota Etios Liva Limited Edition launched at Rs. 6.51 lakh-ar_vk_liva_top-angle-studio-shot_le_v2.jpg

The Etios Liva Limited Edition is offered with a choice of petrol or diesel engines. The 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol unit puts out 79 BHP @ 5,600 rpm and 104 Nm of torque @ 3,100 rpm, while the 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine makes 67 BHP @ 3,800 rpm and 170 Nm @ 1,800-2,400 rpm. Both engines are paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Safety features offered on the Etios Liva include dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, front seat belts with pre-tensioner and force limiter and ISOFIX child safety seat anchors.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 18:23   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios Liva Limited Edition launched at Rs. 6.51 lakh

They should have got in their diesel engine with the VGT that makes 90 odd bhp. The diesel engine in this limited edition is way too under-powered
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 21:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
They should have got in their diesel engine with the VGT that makes 90 odd bhp. The diesel engine in this limited edition is way too under-powered
It should be technically possible as an aftermarket solution. The Corolla plumbing, ECU and VGT could possibly be a direct fit. Nothing can match a company fitment, but I am sure there are several sleeper Etios on the roads with 85 bhp / 200 Nm torque.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 21:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

I think they meant Hideous Edition.

This is so bad, Honda's recently announced limited editions look good and sensible in comparison!
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 22:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I think they meant Hideous Edition.
The lady just got some extra lipstick. And matching earrings to go with that. That's all.

Rest everything looks same as before.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th August 2018 at 22:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 10:24   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
It should be technically possible as an aftermarket solution. The Corolla plumbing, ECU and VGT could possibly be a direct fit. Nothing can match a company fitment, but I am sure there are several sleeper Etios on the roads with 85 bhp / 200 Nm torque.
Had the same thing in my mind for years.

Noob in technical aspects, but how hard can it be?

ECU, VGT (with all plumbings), and the extra cog in the gearbox.
Anything else different between the two?

And since the engine block and gearbox are the same there should be no question of over stressing problems.

Rest of the brakes, suspension and other mechanical bits are anyways designed also for the 90bhp petrol variant

But as you said, factory finish is factory finish.

Went
Maruti style special, limited, edition editions.
BTW, wasn't this dual tone variant launched before too?
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 09:47   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
They should have got in their diesel engine with the VGT that makes 90 odd bhp.
Those driving in the city would hate the 90 horsepower tune. It has horrible turbo-lag; on the other hand, this 67 BHP engine has fantastic driveability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
The Corolla plumbing, ECU and VGT could possibly be a direct fit. Nothing can match a company fitment, but I am sure there are several sleeper Etios on the roads with 85 bhp / 200 Nm torque.
Come on guys! I don't think any Etios or Liva owner would bother with this (considering their target market). Fun in the Etios is with the 1.5L motor.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 09:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The lady just got some extra lipstick.
Lipstick on a pig, don't you mean?
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 23:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Those driving in the city would hate the 90 horsepower tune. It has horrible turbo-lag; on the other hand, this 67 BHP engine has fantastic driveability.
My understanding is that the 90 hp version comes with a VGT while the 67 hp version has FGT. VGT is supposed to reduce turbo lag. At-least that is what happens in the 90 hp multijet vs. 75 hp multijet of Fiat. Any thoughts on why VGT works differently in the D4D?
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 13:14   #10
BHPian

It's a pity that they haven't considered giving the option of automatic for Liva, could have sold better than the manual version.
nitinhegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 16:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Did a TD for petrol liva. Found the clutch to be hard. The vehicle was driven about 18K KMs. I think it is quite early for the clutch to go hard. Or is the clutch for petrol liva really heavy? Looking this car for my wife but this clutch may break the deal. Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks