Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2018, 12:49   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti recalls 2018 Swift & Dzire over airbag issues

Maruti Suzuki has on wednesday, 25th July 2018, announced to recall 1,279 units of the new Swift and Dzire models for inspection of a possible fault in the Airbag Controller Unit. The concern is that in case of a crash, due to the likely fault, the airbag may not deploy- according to sources.

Out of the 1,279 cars, 566 are Swifts and 713 are D'zire models which were mainly manufactured between May 7th and July 5th, 2018.

Starting July 25, owners of the vehicles included in this recall will be contacted for inspection and replacement of the faulty unit, free of cost.

How to check if your vehicle is from the affected batch:

The customers can visit the website and punch in the chassis number to check if their vehicle is among the affected ones.

Alternatively, here is the link to check: https://apps.marutisuzuki.com/servicecampaign1.aspx

Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65128721.cms

Maruti recalls 2018 Swift & Dzire over airbag issues-swift.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th July 2018 at 14:33. Reason: Replaced image because of tag issue/year corrected
saket77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 13:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki recalls New Swift & Dzire over airbag issues

That link is acting weird. I tried putting my new swift details and it kept saying "incomplete number" even though numbers are correct.
Old 25th July 2018, 16:22   #3
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki recalls New Swift & Dzire over airbag issues

Just today a thread has come up discussing about the airbags not deploying on a XUV 500 which led to the driver being injured, and now this comes up. Makes me wonder are the cars being sold in India actually safe ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...r-injured.html

In this case the driver would not have had a head injury if the airbags had deployed correctly. My condolences to the family

Last edited by Anirudh_sai : 25th July 2018 at 16:29.
Old 26th July 2018, 09:13   #4
BHPian

re: Maruti recalls 2018 Swift & Dzire over airbag issues

Quote:
..inspection of a possible fault in the Airbag Controller Unit. The concern is that in case of a crash, due to the likely fault, the airbag may not deploy- according to sources.
One of the possible reasons for the airbag failure in the recent XUV500 incident.

What worries me is that we don't know how many manufacturers or models are still sneaking around in the country with faulty airbags and we never will until something horrific happens like the XUV incident (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-s...r-injured.html. Recalls related to airbags is a rare sight.

We know if a car is poorly built, when the engine is bad or the interior is flimsy. But what about the safety equipment? Something to really worry about considering the fact that buyers don't mind spending extra for those "6 airbags". What if that is the cheapest airbag system installed? You never know.
Old 26th July 2018, 09:51   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti recalls 2018 Swift & Dzire over airbag issues

Well, I'm personally happy with such recalls as it shows that the brand cares & that you aren't driving around with faulty safety equipment. As unfortunate & widespread as the Takata airbag recall was, it was better than driving around with defective airbags 2 feet ahead of you!
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks