Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2018, 16:27   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched

Maruti Suzuki To Introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ Very Soon In India.

Quote:
The mobile application allows assisting various functions for Maruti Suzuki’s customers. For instance, they can locate dealerships, book services, know details of cars and perform in-car checks. During emergency situations, the Maruti Suzuki Connect application enables helpline and customer care service as well.

The smartphone application will be available for both iOS and Android users and they will have to subscribe to get benefitted from all the services. Some of other notable functions are car maintenance checks like battery conditions and detecting problem real time, locating the car when parked in congested space, and so on.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 11:23   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti NEXA app gets Suzuki Connect – New features for Ciaz, Baleno, S Cross, Ignis owners.

Users will have to subscribe to avail of all the services being offered through this app.

Quote:
Called ‘Suzuki Connect’, this new online platform will enhance services to customers and will offer users details such as locating the nearest Maruti Suzuki dealership, booking of service dates, service reminders, knowledge about the car and performance of in-car checks.

In emergency situations, the new ‘Suzuki Connect’ app will also offer users helpline and customer care service while other functions will include car maintenance checks in terms of battery condition, detection of problems in real time and locating in a car in a congested parking lot.

Live traffic updates, offline maps, service appointments and live service status will also be among the features offered on this new app along with the most important 24×7 road side assistance service.

Link

Suzuki Connect has been launched in India for ₹ 9,999 and it will be available as an option with all Nexa cars to start with, like - Ciaz, Baleno, S-Cross, and Ignis. The system can also be retrofitted to existing Nexa car as well

Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched-sme3hrhs_suzukiconnectlaunched_625x300_24_july_18.jpg

Quote:
Suzuki Connect also addresses these with its Vehicle Tracking System, which offers features like - live vehicle tracking, Geo-Fence, navigate to the car, tow-away alert and location sharing. The system can also be configured to send information to 5 selected users in case of an emergency. The second concern was the performance parameters of the vehicle, which are addressed by the Live Vehicle Status function that offers information like - low fuel alert, service reminders, over speeding warnings, last trip summary and more.

Last edited by theMAG : 24th July 2018 at 16:43. Reason: Posts merged, as requested.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 16:37   #3
BHPian

re: Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki Connect has been launched in India for ₹ 9,999 and it will be available as an option with all Nexa cars to start with, like - Ciaz, Baleno, S-Cross, and Ignis. The system can also be retrofitted to existing Nexa car as well
Thanks for sharing!

In the months and years to come, we can see one or more of the following:

1. Insurance quotes will not only depend on past claims, but the condition and usage of the cars as assessed by such and similar "smart car" solutions

2. Resale value will be determined by using historical data to gather insights on long term maintenance and internal condition of the car

3. Speed limit violations will be able to be tracked in retrospect

Last edited by pannags : 24th July 2018 at 16:39.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 19:29   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched

Official Press Release by Maruti Suzuki
Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched-img_20180724_192846.jpg
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...suzuki-connect
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 09:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched

9999 for 3 years looks to be decent pricing. Time to do some research I suppose.
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 10:19   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks promising but we'll have to see the integration. What if the Nexa server is hacked at any point of time? All data plus other parameters will be at risk. Moreover, what if someone can fiddle with the vehicle remotely? Is it possible?
Old 25th July 2018, 10:35   #7
BHPian

Is this an OBD port connected device which will relay data to mobile app. I am not wrong then the device would need a SIM as well to send out messages to people in emergency.

I believe this is similar to Honda Connect, albeit with a few more features.
Old 27th July 2018, 19:49   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Mr. Satish Kumar for sharing these pics and details on Baleno Owners FB Group
Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched-fb_img_1532700773390.jpg
Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched-fb_img_1532700717004.jpg
Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched-fb_img_1532700788361.jpg
Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched-fb_img_1532700722032.jpg
Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched-fb_img_1532700809543.jpg
Cost Break up :
Device : 7200
Harness : 500
Subscription (3 years) : 2299
Total : 9999

The device looks quite big and it is not plugged into OBD port. It looks like Maruti is placing it securely inside the dashboard. As per the owner, Suzuki connect is not functional yet and hoping to get it activated in 3 days.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 00:30   #9
BHPian

Here is the official link for Suzuki Connect.
Attaching all the FAQs and details in a word document for easy reference. SuzukiConnectFAQs.docx

IMO it is a good device with limitation of being useless once the battery drains or out of network. It is priced decently and can't be taken out easily as well. It can't be transferred from one car to another, but from one owner to another. Subscription costs after 3 years remain unanswered.

Last edited by PraNeel : 21st August 2018 at 00:34.
Old 21st August 2018, 09:36   #10

Suzuki Connect is an IBM developed solution. Believe it to be robust in a longer run.
Old 16th December 2018, 07:14   #11
BHPian

I am curious about the App features and the responsiveness of the app itself. The version that I saw on the Android phone was quite sluggish. This looks more like an app issue as the Nexa app itself if sluggish and the Suzuki connect is embedded with the Nexa App.
Old 3rd March 2019, 19:55   #12
BHPian

Hi. Can Suzuki Connect be fixed on the 2018 Ertiga.
Old 10th February 2020, 21:56   #13
BHPian

A week back (3rd of Feb 2020 to be precise) I got this device installed on my Baleno back home in Patna. I live in Bangalore and the car is used by my parents. I bought the device to keep a track my parents when they are on the road, a tab on drivers speed, security (as the car is parked in the open for long when in my village) and to keep an eye on the car health in general.

The device worked well for a couple of days. Then my parents started on a 200 km to our native village. The device was working fine for the first 30 mins and then it went kaput. I completely lost track, no data was being received. So much so that after they completed their journey, the app showed them as having travelled only 30 odd KMs. I got a few overspeeding alerts 5 hours after the incident had happened. Only God knows how Maruti thinks that will help!

Raised a complaint with Nexa, they asked me to take the car on a drive for 30 mins and it will set everything right. I got that done, even after this The device was able to update status only upto half of their journey that had happened two days prior. As of now the device shows the car as being in trip on mode (when it is parked for last 24 hours) and the last update as of now is 3 days 7 hours ago.

I have written to Maruti asking for a refund but it appears to be a case of money hone down the drain after a worthless product.

Any fellow BHPians having faced the problem & any solutions for it? Any help will be deeply appreciated.

For those who plan to install it at any time in the future, please be forewarned and don't tread even one step on the path of installing it.
abhishek_hch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 17:10   #14
BHPian

I am currently in my home town and checked the local Nexa service centre for this. The service advisor mentioned that the current Suzuki connects works only on 2G network and there are lots of issues (related to location) which Suzuki is fixing them. He asked me to wait for some time once the "connect" supports 4G. By the way, I see the price has been reduced from 10k to 7.2K.

Maruti to introduce ‘Suzuki Connect’ in India soon. EDIT: Now launched-20210714_170314.jpg
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 18:05   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I am currently in my home town and checked the local Nexa service centre for this. The service advisor mentioned that the current Suzuki connects works only on 2G network and there are lots of issues (related to location) which Suzuki is fixing them. He asked me to wait for some time once the "connect" supports 4G. By the way, I see the price has been reduced from 10k to 7.2K.
Yes it's best avoided, atleast in it's current avatar.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks