Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 08:30   #31
BHPian

re: Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh

While I do like the way it looks, I can't help but wonder that almost every new car looks almost the same, what with the LED DRLs on the top like an eyebrow and the headlamps below them. This trend is catching on like wildfire and I'm not sure if I like it or not. I hope the facelift comes with the bare minimum 2 airbags and ABS as standard across the range in addition to the now mandatory bing-bong warning at 80 kmph and 120 kmph speeds and while at it, a stronger shell and fatter tyres would be welcome.
aveoman19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 15:20   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Kwid Facelift spied, to get BSVI compliant engines, and console, control and infotainment from Triber MPV

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-2020renaultkwidfaceliftspiedwithtribers8inchtouchscreenspeedometere1568711777533.jpg

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-2020renaultkwidfaceliftspiedwithtribers8inchtouchscreenspeedometer1.jpg

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-2020renaultkwidfaceliftspiedwithtribers8inchtouchscreenspeedometer2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 22:19   #33
BHPian

2020 Renault Kwid Climber spotted for the first time.

Source: Gaadiwaadi

Link: https://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-202...he-first-time/
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-photo-marker_sep192019_221558.jpg  

Tom Sooraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 08:57   #34
BHPian

Somebody at Maruti should take note of the design. After all, Kwid design and its sales numbers was what made Maruti start development of S Presso and yet S Presso design fails to convince. Also this is a how a facelift should look like, as a refined evolution unlike most facelifts in our market that evolve the wrong way around.
Plonk a Suzuki 0.8 or 1 ltr engine into this Kwid and its as good as it can get for this segment.

Last edited by ronello : 20th September 2019 at 09:05.
ronello is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 09:27   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronello View Post
Somebody at Maruti should take note of the design. After all, Kwid design and its sales numbers was what made Maruti start development of S Presso and yet S Presso design fails to convince. Also this is a how a facelift should look like, as a refined evolution unlike most facelifts in our market that evolve the wrong way around.
Plonk a Suzuki 0.8 or 1 ltr engine into this Kwid and its as good as it can get for this segment.
So true. The new KWID seems like a car from a segment above from all angles. While it may "feel" cheap to touch due to light build, visually its a stunner. Loved the grille and split headlamps. In-fact, I feel that the KWID is going to be the BEST implementation of the split headlamp design across all segments. (Herrier is next best, but it's lower headlamp part is a bit of a mismatch with rest of the car IMO.)

SPresso already looks "old" compared to this based on the spy shots & ACI images.

Its a tragedy that in almost all cases, one automaker makes the best designs and a different one makes the necessary engines! One looks good, the other drives awesome. Very few like VW manage to get both done in 1 car. And then of course their marketing and sales blow up the product.

The KWID facelift really looks very aggressive and contemporary. I hope they manage to fix the noisy engine & extreme clatter & rattles in previous generation (seem to creep in after 1.5-2 years of driving. In same duration, AltoK10 engine keeps running smooth and silent).
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 13:04   #36
BHPian

I think this is the best thing happened to the Kwid after launch. Design-wise, it is drool-worthy, it is right up at the top compared to the direct competition and a segment above. I would only hope for Renault to add couple of more features into that bare-bones AMT, I would like to see at least the manual mode added. Compared to this, the SPresso already looks old now, but hey! it is Maruti and it sells.
vijayshouree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 15:11   #37
BHPian

Kudos to Renault for coming up with such bold and beautiful designs. I know it is too early to say, but I think with Kwid they deserve to be top of entry level charts (hope it sells as good as it looks) - even though displacing MS from its position is never an option in India.
Old 21st September 2019, 11:13   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
2020 Renault Kwid Climber spotted for the first time.
This should have been a TATA. Is it just me who thinks this looks like a baby Harrier?

Excellent effort from Renault though! Maruti with the SPresso looks lame in comparison.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 11:53   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 BS VI Compliant Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied undisguised,

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-2020renaultkwidclimberfaceliftpics1.jpg

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-2020renaultkwidclimberfaceliftpics2.jpg

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-2020renaultkwidclimberfaceliftpics3.jpg

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-2020renaultkwidclimberfaceliftpics5.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st September 2019 at 11:55.
volkman10 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 13:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Except for those orange accents all around, it looks good for a small car. The orange mirrors was enough of a contrast element and the rest, esp those on the front bumper look a bit over done. And next to the Triber, it definitely looks over done. Are all variants of the kwid are getting that new front face I hope in which case the regular kwid will look smart.

The electric K ZE is still a looker and wish that was the new front face. Totally agree though that Kwid is so much more smarter looking than spresso.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 21st September 2019 at 13:50.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:27   #41
Team-BHP Support

A clearer image received forwarded -

Renault Kwid facelift spotted undisguised, now launched @ 2.83 lakh-renaultkwidclimber.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Except for those orange accents all around, it looks good for a small car.
That's only for 'Climber' edition.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd September 2019 at 18:00. Reason: Adding watermark
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

While the facelift of the Kwid is very good, it also brings up a problem. The other new cars from Renault at a higher price point risk being too familiar or similar to the Kwid. For example the new sub 4m SUV from Renault could get overshadowed by the Kwid. Or Renault should find a way to make sure that all their cars look as good or even better, but they should also take care not to draw heavy inspiration from design language of the Kwid for higher price point cars.

But in any case the facelift is going to help the Kwid fight against the Suzuki S Presso.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:27   #43
BHPian

Is it the lighting or is the Kwid Climber equipped with rear discs? It definitely looks like that to my eyes in the side profile pic.
vshankarhere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 08:48   #44
BHPian

Boy ! does it look elegant. Renault surely know how to make good looking cars, This IMHO looks more attractive than the images of Spresso seen so far, will be interesting to see how they place the product as against the one from Maruti !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshankarhere View Post
Is it the lighting or is the Kwid Climber equipped with rear discs? It definitely looks like that to my eyes in the side profile pic.
Definitely looks like discs !

Renault is here to spoil Maruti's coffee !
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 09:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Interiors and exterior design is above-par for the segment. Renault will be competing with huge discounts by those sitting on massive BS4 stockpiles. Their success will be limited by customers who see value in buying a BS6 vehicle over a BS4 one.

I notice more & more car-makers are integrating the headlamps onto the bumper viz probably meant to increase the cost of repairs wherein as plastics are only covered at 50% through insurance.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks