Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2018, 18:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Maruti to launch Ertiga Tour based on 1st-gen model

Test mules of the upcoming second generation Ertiga have been spotted in India for a while. Now, media reports suggest that after the car’s launch, the company could offer the current Ertiga to taxi operators under the Tour badge.

Rumour: Maruti to launch Ertiga Tour based on 1st-gen model-marutiertiga01.jpg

The Ertiga Tour could be based on the base trim and offered with the Petrol+CNG and diesel engine options. The 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine makes 91 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and a peak torque of 130 Nm @ 4,000 rpm and 80 BHP and 112 Nm in the CNG mode. The 1.3-litre, 4-cylinder diesel produces 89 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 200 Nm @ 1,750 rpm. Both engines are likely to be offered with a 5-speed manual transmission. It could also get safety features like ABS and airbags.

Maruti has used a similar strategy in the past, wherein the outgoing model of the Dzire was converted into the Dzire Tour aimed at cab operators, while its replacement was reserved for private owners.

Source: Gaadiwaadi

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 12:33   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Maruti to launch Ertiga Tour based on 1st-gen model

Not a company that is happy to discontinue models; one of their cars has been in production for 2+ decades and still sells in the thousands each month (Omni).

Thanks to Uber & Ola, Maruti has found a good use for old discontinued models that it cannot sell to private owners anymore. And just imagine the profits on these cars that are made from old, full depreciated lines. It's a licence to print money.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 12:50   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Ertiga Tour could be based on the base trim and offered with the Petrol+CNG and diesel engine options.
Hope they introduce airbags as standard in this base Tour trim.

Prefer Toyota cars as taxi for this reason - even the base trim taxi cars are available with dual airbags.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 13:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Prefer Toyota cars as taxi for this reason - even the base trim taxi cars are available with dual airbags.
I guess most inter-city customers (I mean passengers) too would prefer an Innova, but for different reasons. I wonder what the reaction will be if a driver comes home with an Ertiga for a Bangalore - Kochi trip.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 13:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I guess most inter-city customers (I mean passengers) too would prefer an Innova, but for different reasons. I wonder what the reaction will be if a driver comes home with an Ertiga for a Bangalore - Kochi trip.
As they say while booking Prime SUV on Ola App - "Spacious 7 seater MUV like Innova, CRV and Ertiga" in the same line.

Now with Ertiga tour, what will be the probability of really getting a CRV ?

Honestly, the fleet operators can happily acquire even the top end Ertiga (new model) as it will still be cheaper than the Ex-Showroom price of Base model Innova.

So i don't know if there was any real need of Ertiga tour apart from being economical to produce.
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 13:35   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I wonder what the reaction will be if a driver comes home with an Ertiga for a Bangalore - Kochi trip.
They won't have to react even for an Airport drop unless that Ertiga comes with an Innova Badge like this .

Rumour: Maruti to launch Ertiga Tour based on 1st-gen model-volvo_fake.png

For the example you have mentioned about BLR - Kochi, customers always will prefer an Innova if they need an Innova and I have never seen someone turn up with another wannabe 7 seater in place of what you booked without informing you before hand.

But off late, I have seen quite a lot of airport drops getting picked up in the Ertiga.

Rumour: Maruti to launch Ertiga Tour based on 1st-gen model-img20180627wa0070.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th July 2018 at 13:41. Reason: typo
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 13:47   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
As they say while booking Prime SUV on Ola App - "Spacious 7 seater MUV like Innova, CRV and Ertiga" in the same line.

Now with Ertiga tour, what will be the probability of really getting a CRV ?
You mean BRV?

CRV was never a seven seater till now. Plus it was a petrol, so I've never seen a single cab till date.
Old 9th July 2018, 14:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

There you go. I really wonder if there is a single CRV in the fleet pan India
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Maruti to launch Ertiga Tour based on 1st-gen model-1531125093253.jpg  

rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks