Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 11:31   #46
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elantra facelift leaked

The future of the Elantra looks bad! From 2020 April, they will only have the 1.5 CRDI with 110bhp and 250NM. The 1.6 CRDI is already below par for its class and from 2020, it will get a smaller engine.

Hope they launch it with the 2.0CRDI from the Tuscon.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 11:50   #47
BHPian

I am expecting a couple of changes once it hits the Indian shore:

1) The 3 point seat belt for the rear centre passenger will be swapped to the useless lap belt.

2) 6 airbags will be provided only on the top end. The models below the top end will have 2 airbags and they will brag about those two airbags.

3) Put a bigger screen for the infotainment system from the money they save from not providing the essential safety features and while at it, give one of those fancy gimmick like connected car which we, the Mango people love!

I am sick of car manufacturers providing Lap belt in this day and age. It is almost 2020! Sorry for the rant.
Old 22nd August 2019, 12:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

I ve always liked this car. Its like an underdog of the segment. Space, features, safety, frugal pretty much everything. Sure it has some quirks like low seating or limited width etc but what it really lacks is image.

Somhow in India a fully loaded diesel AT 18 lakh Hyundai does not make sense but a 18 lakh bare bones corolla is hot property. Hyundai reliability is right up there with the best now.

Last edited by bigron : 22nd August 2019 at 12:28.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 12:29   #49
BHPian

Are you sure about the diesel engine? I read somewhere that 1.6 is not BS6 compatible. Also, Seltos launched a 1.5 diesel engine IIRC
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Somhow in India a fully loaded diesel AT 18 lakh Hyundai does not make sense but a 18 lakh bare bones corolla is hot property. Hyundai reliability is right up there with the best now.
Both are not selling now
But yes, mathematically corolla still sells more than Elantra. Which is purely because Corolla has better rear seat. Most of the target audience in this segment either have drivers or want a driver oriented car. Elantra though priced competitively misses out on choice of engines as well as rear seat comfort.
Old 22nd August 2019, 15:10   #51
BHPian

To me the current gen elantra looks way better although its interiors are a lil plain jane. With the same engines i doubt there will much change in sales.
Old 22nd August 2019, 16:19   #52
BHPian

I too feel that the current model is better looking. Not a big fan of either the new front or the back.

I agree what what's been mentioned earlier - the USP is not clear. The corolla is for back seat comfort (and reliability/peace of mind) the Octavia is for those who drive.

Elantra ?? Not sure. It wasn't well kitted either for the price.

I know that they are different segments, but compare the top end city with the mid version of the elantra and you wonder why anyone who looks at it with a rational mind would buy it - (edited - referring to the Petrol+Auto variant)

Last edited by Mar21 : 22nd August 2019 at 16:22.
Old 22nd August 2019, 17:58   #53
BHPian

The face-lift which is already being sold globally actually looks a step back in terms of design. Only Sonata wears this design very well, doesn't suit any other model in the Hyundai lineup.

Hyundai had potential to crack the D-segment with the existing Elantra but blew it by lack luster (in terms of design) interior and not so great variant spread. I am tempted to talk about the diesel enginer, but I am sure many will point out at the Altis, hence not raising that issue
Old 22nd August 2019, 19:53   #54

What's up with Hyundai and the justified car badging ? IMO it looks very aftermarket. I did not like that in the Venue but now this! :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks