Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2019, 20:26   #751
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
For the Triber users here: I know it is not summer, but how good is the AC. The AC was/ is? one of the sore spots of the Duster.

Regards
Sutripta

The AC works well. I'm from Chennai and the weather was hot here in September. I can say that the AC is way better than in some of the cabs I have taken here.
I always use the front row ACs and the rear vents were always shut but the front rows can cool the cabin at a good pace.

Once in its life, I have used all the rows of AC and no doubt that it is a chiller. So, with all rows up, the AC is brilliant. (Takes a toll on FE and power!)

Thanks,
Jagan!
Jagann13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 20:31   #752
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Aditya and Jaggan.

Looks like Renault design team has actually listened to its customers. So in that vein, have to ask how are the headlights. Another sore point with the Duster.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 11:51   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Thanks Aditya...

So in that vein, have to ask how are the headlights.
Most welcome!

I have already answered this question after my first long drive above, but quoting my post and response below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
First impressions after my 500Km drive from Dehradun to Manali last night:-

3. Projector Low Beams have a nice and wide coverage, much like how Mahindra's have when the Cornering Headlamps switch on. Main Beam is focussed centrally and provides good illumination as well.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 22:01   #754
Senior - BHPian

First ever reported post accident video of Renault Triber uploaded on YouTube. Was just browsing, not related to the channel owner in any way.

AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 09:40   #755
BHPian

Quote:
First ever reported post accident video of Renault Triber....
Looks like it hit a post on the left side. Hope the passengers are not seriously hurt. Would be much useful if someone can throw more light. The side airbags don't seem to have inflated, wonder if it is an RXZ, or are those DRLs accessorized?
Old 23rd December 2019, 16:19   #756
BHPian

Quote:
First ever reported post accident video of Renault Triber uploaded on YouTube. Was just browsing, not related to the channel owner in any way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Looks like it hit a post on the left side. Hope the passengers are not seriously hurt. Would be much useful if someone can throw more light. The side airbags don't seem to have inflated, wonder if it is an RXZ, or are those DRLs accessorized?
Seems like a lower variant looking at the wheel caps.

Also looking at the extent of damage maybe the speed was very high. Also it's not very confidence inspiring to see that the passenger compartment has been damaged to such a level.
Old 24th December 2019, 17:59   #757
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Renault India begins first shipment of Triber to South Africa.
Quote:
Chennai: French auto-major Renault India on Tuesday commenced the first shipment of the latest car Triber from the Ennore Port here to South Africa. "It is great day for us. We are exporting about 600 cars today. We were at the port in this morning. This is first lot of Triber going out of India," Renault India (operations) country CEO Venkatram Mamillapalle told reporters.

He said the Triber had crossed sales of 20,000 units in the domestic market registering a cumulative growth of 70 per cent for the company in the last two months. Renault Triber comes with the new ENERGY petrol engine of 1.0 litre offering balance between performance and fuel economy at low maintenance costs. Besides Triber, Renault India currently retails its popular hatchback KWID, sports utility vehicle Duster, premium SUV Captur. The company has widespread presence of more than 350 sales and 264 service facilities across the country.
Source: LiveMint
Old 24th December 2019, 20:11   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Seems like a lower variant looking at the wheel caps.

Also looking at the extent of damage maybe the speed was very high. Also it's not very confidence inspiring to see that the passenger compartment has been damaged to such a level.
I tried to ask the channel owner about details, he didn't have much, but someone else commented about it on ETV Telgu News channel, attaching the screenshot of the response.

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20191224200748.png

Last edited by ampere : 3rd January 2020 at 09:44. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 00:02   #759
Senior - BHPian

Clearer images here (Source):

The car has literally been folded like paper. Body shell collapsed completely.
But, without knowing the details of the crash, it would be unfair to find a fault with the car.

Now eagerly awaiting Global NCAP to test it.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-renaulttriberaccident1.jpg  

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-triberaccident2.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 18:20   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep0172 View Post
Pure Highway: 16-17 KMPL with speeds of 80-100 Km/hr
Combined city and highway: 11.8 to 13 Kmpl avg speed is around 30 Km/hr

Total Kms driven 3000
Thanks Mandeep for sharing these numbers, for me these are good numbers for a petrol engine especially when I compare it to the Fiesta(2007 model) that I owned previously. Happy mile munching to you and enjoy the new car.
Old 31st December 2019, 22:40   #761

I have triber rxt. Please give some suggestions for installing anti theft alarms and steering or gear locks. I have autocop Dx model in my 2009 maruti alto and I have always been very impressed by it.
Old 3rd January 2020, 01:27   #762
Senior - BHPian

AMT version of Triber spotted testing

Source

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-zwrenaulttriberamt01_560x420.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-zw_renaulttriberamt02_560x420.jpg
AdityaDeane is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 02:24   #763

Finally the TRiber with AMT, Easy-R as they badge it. 2 distinct badges, the ENERGY and Easy-R badge on the right.
Or is this the Turbo version of BS6 triber. ??
colinpete is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 17:54   #764
Senior - BHPian

Keep calm and trust Punjabis to put bigger rims on everything.

Triber on 16 inchers.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-20200103_175028.jpg  

BANDHAV is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 23:56   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Saw a few here in Chennai. The front looks quite OK and promising but the rear is Ughh. It looks like the designer fell asleep while putting it together and the machine finished the job. They could have given a little bit more character to the rear.

The government is going to impose strict speed limits on the National highways, monitored through 10s of cameras as well as alogorithms to make sure you cannot slow down just for the cameras even of you know where they are (It will calcuilate your speed between camears and send you a ticket). This is going to be implemented first on the Chennei Trichy highway with a max speed of 100 KPH. We might as well as trade in our Punto Abraths, Pols GTIs and BMW 3s and get a Triber, it will do fine for a 100 KPH top speed, at least we can enjoy the space and the extra moolah in the bank.
Hi, would you have a source for this? Seems very interesting.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks