Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2019, 15:04   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs

A neighbor in my building got delivery of his Triber yesterday.
He upgraded from an old gen Alto. I felt it was a perfect choice for him since his family has 6 members including two kids and are not too big in stature.
When I took a look inside, it seemed worth the price, Atleast for the features provided which the general public feels are important. This is a RXZ model.

The surprising part was the size. It is not a Datsun Go+ sized car as I imagined.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-6dfd3ec87438460cb7fe1a5342b60ac3.jpeg  

tharian is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 20:18   #482
Senior - BHPian

I am attaching the official accessories list, with photographs and pricing.

Do note that seat covers are not for RXZ variant, because the side airbags are in the seats.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Annexure 1 - TRIBER Accessory Range.pdf (1.22 MB, 5579 views)
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 21:15   #483
Senior - BHPian

I happened to check out the Triber RXZ displayed at Phoenix Market City Pune today. The car is definitely generating interest. First impressions:
1) It does not appear to be sub-4m. Maybe there is clever design that is making it look larger, but my Polo GT is almost the same length (19mm less) and seems smaller.
2) It felt decent enough in terms of sheet metal and body finish. This particular parameter seems to be catching up on folks- I witnessed a gentleman ,seemingly from a semi-urban background, checking out body panels, slamming the doors and concluding that it felt better than a MSIL car. For once I didn't hear the "kitna-deti-hai" query. Everyone was all about space, practicality, and yes, airbags.
For 7.8L OTR Pune, fully loaded, with 4 airbags, I think it may be a better proposition than say, a Wagon-R or a Grand I10.Perhaps Renault could have looked at upping the power to about 90 bhp or so. That would have put it smack in the Baleno/Jazz territory, and for, say, 9.0L OTR, it would have given these hatches a run for their money.
fhdowntheline is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 22:24   #484
Senior - BHPian

With the number of responses on this thread going down every day, seems like people have either given up on Triber already, or they're now patiently waiting for the Team-BHP Official Review to make more statements.

Mods, when can we have the Official Review out?

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 9th September 2019 at 22:26.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 23:50   #485
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly no media drives too have been published. The vehicle is well suited for 3-4 hour trips on highways and moving inside the city.
Old 10th September 2019, 10:57   #486
BHPian

I was eagerly waiting for the AMT. But as usual , the company decided to not bring out the product I wanted. I would have paid on the spot if they had an AMT option.

Now I am being told that I have to wait till March 2020 :(

I guess, it is better that my money is in the bank , rather than with Renault.

Last edited by rrnsss : 10th September 2019 at 10:59.
Old 10th September 2019, 21:18   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Renault Triber recently and I must say it is a remarkable car in terms of design. In a footprint as small as the Ford Ecosport, it has managed to fit in 7 seats and that too with decent legroom. As a 5 seater, it has humongous boot space (as large as my Laura!)
The car also looks good from most angles and does not look disproportional from any angle and the height, length and width are well balanced. The interiors too are quite decent (considering the price) and barring the hard dashboard and the barebones steering, I found it quite decent. The Triber also has triple row air conditioning which is good for India weather and should cool fast. I did not take a test drive as I will probably wait for the AMT version and then take it for a spin and this could become a good beater car for city use. It looks good in Blue colour and has a character which many other cars in this segment lack. I feel Renault has littlerally pulled out a Rabbit out its hat with some clever engineering and this car could well save Renault's future in India. Here are some pics I took
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190902_175908.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190902_175856.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190902_175045.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190902_175129.jpg

Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-img_20190902_175112.jpg
Behemoth is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 21:22   #488
BHPian

Any idea about when the AMT is scheduled to come into the market? I too would love to get this car with AMT as this will serve my purpose as an easy to drive car with ample space for my dogs.
rrnsss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 22:55   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
I was eagerly waiting for the AMT. But as usual , the company decided to not bring out the product I wanted. I would have paid on the spot if they had an AMT option.
Quote:
Any idea about when the AMT is scheduled to come into the market? I too would love to get this car with AMT as this will serve my purpose as an easy to drive car with ample space for my dogs.
The engine is not even BS6 'ready', it's days are clearly numbered. In the next 5 months I don't expect it to sell more than 25k peices before they bring in the BS6 version, with AMT. Begs the question why did they bother to even bring in this version? I reckon Renault is just doing a branding exercise at the moment for the Triber as an 'affordable' car. Everyone has been lauding its 'practicality'. That ticks the two main factors we Indians seem to care about in cars in this segment. I have a feeling better iterations are in the pipeline once they establish the 'affordability' image.

PS: Curiously, the prices differ by exactly 50k, variant to variant. Seems to me like the prices were already decided by their marketing team.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 09:26   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
The engine is not even BS6 'ready', it's days are clearly numbered. In the next 5 months I don't expect it to sell more than 25k peices before they bring in the BS6 version, with AMT. Begs the question why did they bother to even bring in this version? I reckon Renault is just doing a branding exercise at the moment for the Triber as an 'affordable' car. Everyone has been lauding its 'practicality'. That ticks the two main factors we Indians seem to care about in cars in this segment. I have a feeling better iterations are in the pipeline once they establish the 'affordability' image.

PS: Curiously, the prices differ by exactly 50k, variant to variant. Seems to me like the prices were already decided by their marketing team.

I really do not care about the price as long as it is sub 12 Lakhs to be very honest. There is no car in the Indian market that thinks about people with Pets. There are no Sensible Estate cars in our market. OK , the skoda Laura has a wonderful boot, but it is too expensive in my opinion and I worry about the After sales service and parts availability.

Renault has tried something new and I am grateful for their effort.

I agree with you about your point on the BS4 BS6 engine. However, I appreciate Renault making an unique product in this sub 4 m category.

I hope they will offer Cruise control and a slightly more powerful engine with the AMT. I can always hope.. Hope has no limits.

Last edited by rrnsss : 11th September 2019 at 09:38.
rrnsss is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 23:22   #491
BHPian

Went to check the Triber for my cousin. Some points.

- He was not even interested in Renault but after listening to the proposition he has genuinely gotten interested. He keeps asking me daily about if there is more new/reviews about Triber
- The allure of travelling together with families and friends is making people look at the Triber.
- It can also prove to be a good city car. It may also attract the fairer sex.
- Overall design is awesome. You will be impressed from the exterior proportions and overall stance.
- Interiors though are not that great, read vfm, but can be spruced up later.
- The overall is weight is 950 kg plus. It is almost 100 odd kgs heavier than the dzire. Better build? I cannot seem to get answer to this question.
- Doors weight is again relative to the segment but is not that light.
- It is genuinely spacious, no two thoughts about that, my cousin and his wife who are both a little over 5 were able to seat comfortably in the last row inside the showroom. How it would fare during long drives is yet to be seen.
- The cabin feels very airy. That adds to the feeling of space.
- For some reason the expert reviews are not out yet. There are only a few reviews in you tube that talk about engine and driving dynamics. One review has claimed 0-100 at 16 seconds(don't know how loaded the car was), which IMHO isn't bad and one other reviewer had quoted 25 seconds for 0-100 for a full load. Overtaking on highway will take serious calculations.
- Renault projected the car wrong as a 7 seater. Should have marketed it as a 5 seater with occasional seating for 7. Perceptions matter a lot (read Nano). Most are comparing the car as a 7 seater and that is where the questions on Engine are coming up.
- There is no information about the service intervals and cost. Can anyone throw some light.
- Another dilemma that the buyers would be facing is should they wait for the more powerful version.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 10:00   #492
BHPian

Not sure what Renault is doing with Triber here when it comes to BS 6 norms. Today is month of September. As people say, if first day of the month arrives, then the month is over. So September is gone!

Now remains Oct, Nov, Dec in this year of 2019.

December is a month of low purchase. So, we have only Oct, Nov.

Typically, all manufacturers make a shift 6 months ahead of major change like BS6 or safety norms or even model change. Reason, it takes over 6 months at times to sell off a product from raw materials to customer door steps. If a car is manufactured today, it may take over 90 days or even 180 days worst case to get into the hands of a customer. The days may be less if there is a waiting period. But no one knows how customer will respond.

If you plan to manufacture a car today, raw materials are ordered and placed in inventory anywhere from 7 days to 45 days or even 90 days prior. Ask a purchase employee in procurement dept in car factory. Number of 30 days in advance is typical in India for fast moving components, to compensate transport delays, labor issues, accidents and what not. Coming to BS6, Renault must start manufacturing BS6 engines typically 6 months ahead, which is 1st October. If they intend to start BS6 engines from 1st January, then they should have begun ordering BS6 parts by 1st Oct or 1st Nov, which is 60 days advance.

Or if the BS6 conversion is extremely simple for this engine, then why they did not announce BS6 engine in the first place as that would have got them more orders for Triber. I am eagerly waiting for AMT version to test ride and now I hardly hear any news, other than next year or something.

How can a product be launched with such poor planning or ignored! What is the strategy here? Customers are lot more educated these days. Even a villager now a days know how to watch youtube or use share it app. People ask, is this AMT? is this BS6? A person spending 6 lakhs does know what is BS6 and will surely ask what are the implications of not being BS6..

Showroom people, as usual have no idea and cook up some stories worth not listening.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2019 at 10:17. Reason: Spacing
pogo0120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 12:57   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are no Sensible Estate cars in our market.

Renault has tried something new and I am grateful for their effort.
I think the erstwhile Mobilio or the now rechristened BRV makes for a perfect 5 seat family car with space for pets at the back when the rear seats are folded. Drives like a car and is powerful enough to ferry all aboard on long journeys. My relative uses it to get his pets to the vet.
Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 07:42   #494
Senior - BHPian

Noticed the mid level trim (on the left) and top end back to back at the Yelahanka showroom.

Besides the wheel caps disguised to resemble alloys, I felt it's the wheel cap design which actually looks more attractive than the alloys
Renault Triber, the Kwid-based MPV. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 4.95 lakhs-screenshot_20190913073656.png
GeeTee TSI is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 10:57   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Besides the wheel caps disguised to resemble alloys, I felt it's the wheel cap design which actually looks more attractive than the alloys
Absolutely agreed! So true indeed. Also - the chrome detailing on the top trim car isn't looking too good. Is it standard or an accessory on the top trim also?

I like the silver colour of the Triber the most. Looks very proportionate & handsome in this shade. Black accents rhyme well with it. (And generally I hate the silver colour on cars!)
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks