Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2020, 20:46   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV

Honda ZR-V could be the Honda sub-4 metre SUV for India .

Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV-hondazrvtrademarkapplicationindianautosblogc9e15.jpg

Quote:
Honda ZR-V would be a great name for a Honda small SUV targeted at millennials, and reports say that two such models are in the making, one for emerging markets like India and one for developed markets like Japan.
Quote:
The Honda sub-4 metre SUV for India would ride on the low-cost platform of the Honda Amaze and could be sold in other emerging markets as well

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th May 2020 at 20:49.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 18:41   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's Compact SUV ZR-V for India and other markets rendered:

The first information says that it will be below the HR-V, some even imagining it with something around 4.00 m, thus succeeding the WR-V.

Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV-zrvproject1.jpg

Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV-zrvproject2.jpg

Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV-20200507_zrv.jpg

Quote:
the engine base is a 1.0L in-line 3-cylinder VTEC installed in the European specification "Civic Si" and the new "City" for the Thai market. It is said to be a turbo engine, and it is said that the price range is from the 1 million yen range,
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th May 2020 at 18:50.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 21:46   #18
BHPian

I'm hoping that this will be based on "New FIT" platform and Honda should not bring this to India on "Low cost platform" like Brio/BRV/Mobilio etc.,

Only way for Honda to win back customers is to switch to Pre-2013 strategy.
Old 13th May 2020, 22:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Amaze is notably lighter on build quality. Honda must have learnt from Maruti that you don't need to have high quality to sell a sub 4m SUV.

Only XUV300 and Ecosport are proper big sub 4m SUVs. Rest are either too tiny (Hyundai Venue), too tinny (Brezza) or too tame (WR-V).
Old 13th May 2020, 22:17   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda's Compact SUV ZR-V for India and other markets rendered:
Just a photoshop edit of the press images of the Chinese crossover - Changan Uni T.

Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV-images-2.jpeg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th May 2020 at 22:18.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 22:20   #21
BHPian

The rear looks more like the current generation pre-facelift elite i20.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/163554.jpg
Old 13th May 2020, 22:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
I'm hoping that this will be based on "New FIT" platform and Honda should not bring this to India on "Low cost platform" like Brio/BRV/Mobilio etc.,

Only way for Honda to win back customers is to switch to Pre-2013 strategy.
Yes, that should be the main priority, all their cars are good, but they have failed because they don't have in them what the market demands.

If you look at biggest flop in their lineup, Mobilio, it was nothing but Amaze with additional row. There was literally no difference at all apart from engines. That was a mistake they made, when small Brio was available for 5 lakhs, Amaze for 7 lakhs, the Mobilio was 12 lakhs, RS variant was even pricier. Ertiga was available for 8 odd lakhs, why would one pay 4 lakhs additional. Price Conscious Indians taught Honda a lesson, IIRC, Mobilio was pulled from market within 2 years.

What they needed to do with Mobilio is keep the platform the same but should have given more features to justify premium price tag, also different interiors, after realizing the mistake they came up with BR-V, while it was much better, damage was already done. As always, they were greedy and priced BR-V even higher and well the story repeated and within 4 months, Honda started offering discount of 1 lakh. Now it's a history.

For this upcoming compact SUV, They will use Amaze platform because it is new one and is more flexible for other body styles and also cost effective. But apart from platform everything should be new barring few common bits like Steering, Power Window Controls, Head units etc.

If Hyundai can sell Venue using Santro's Platform, why can't Honda. Hyundai have differentiated Venue well compared to Aura / NiOS / i20. Apart from that Turbo Petrol with DCT, the Venue doesn't wow me much. Maybe my i20 is the spoilsport here as it is similar.

To conclude, Honda with the ZR-V, should make sure it's a unique product, throw in good design, equip it well, give more than 2 engine options and gearboxes and price it well. They can spread the prices across the engine options. That'll also help, but simply charging hefty premium without any justification will lead this to become and other Mobilio/BR-V.

Their 3 upcoming launches will tell us their fate in Indian Market.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Please proof read your posts before submitting them, it would also be a good idea to install spell-checkers and use them.

Thank You.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th May 2020 at 08:27. Reason: Grammatical errors.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 22:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Honda's boardroom has gone bonkers, by time they hit the showrooms, time would have moved on and they'd be obsolete. The renders look like an i20 and a new i20 one is just round the corner, with new avatar, engine and transmission options. How the times have changed present day Honda's can't hold a candle to the Hyundai build quality.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 00:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Amaze is notably lighter on build quality. Honda must have learnt from Maruti that you don't need to have high quality to sell a sub 4m SUV.

Only XUV300 and Ecosport are proper big sub 4m SUVs. Rest are either too tiny (Hyundai Venue), too tinny (Brezza) or too tame (WR-V).
Ecosport has a very narrow cabin making it suitable for only 4 adults and the xuv300 has wierd chopped off rear end which has sacrificed it's boot space bigtime.
Also I didn't understand why did Mahindra shave off the extra dimensions to bring it sub 4m. It's still a more expensive car among in the lot.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 07:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
Ecosport has a very narrow cabin making it suitable for only 4 adults and the xuv300 has wierd chopped off rear end which has sacrificed it's boot space bigtime.
Also I didn't understand why did Mahindra shave off the extra dimensions to bring it sub 4m. It's still a more expensive car among in the lot.
I am surprised that no one has brought the Tata Nexon into this discussion of CSUVs. The Nexon is neither "tiny" and certainly not "tinny". And has a good respect from its owners. But everyone is talking Honda, Hyundai,Suzuki,Ford and Mahindra's adopted foreign baby.
No wonder the PM has asked people to be "Vocal about Local ".
fhdowntheline is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 19:56   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

This is not specific to India but a global launch: CUV

Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV-20201010_honda_08.jpg

- The development of the compact SUV to be introduced there is progressing, and it is planned to appear in May next year

-Based on the newly developed platform, it will be equipped with a 3 cyld. 1L turbo engine that is not currently installed in domestic models, and there is likely to be an e: HEV equipped with a 1.5L engine.

Prior to the CUV, a model change of the Vezel, an SUV one size larger, is scheduled for March-21 , so two small SUVs that are expected to be sold will be launched at once.

Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV-20201010_honda_03.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 13:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This is not specific to India but a global launch: CUV

- The development of the compact SUV to be introduced there is progressing, and it is planned to appear in[b] May next year[/B

Prior to the CUV, a model change of the Vezel, an SUV one size larger, is scheduled for March-21 , so two small SUVs that are expected to be sold will be launched at once.

Link
Are those timelines set for Indian unveil or the global one? I'm actually surprised that Honda is finally considering Vezel/ HRV for Indian market.
Old 2nd October 2020, 14:46   #28
BHPian

Honda has a leadership and forward vision vacuum globally. However, in the usa theyre introducing hybridisation to almost all models, in the UK EU China theyre slowly launching EV, i wonder when we shall see some clarity for India and some new innovations (real innovations not just using the word for marketing).

Its high time they accepted their place in the market, their USP is reliability and fun to drive while being easy on the pocket. They should quickly get new SUV's out in India with the AT box. CRV hybrid should come to India quickly, im actually looking to buy a new CRV but none of the dealers have one in stock or even have details on the launch of the hybrid CRV which is overdue as it is normally launched 1 year after USA launch.
Old 24th October 2020, 10:27   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's NEW CUV for INDIA coming in May 2021.

Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV-20201024_magx.jpg

Quote:
Will be based on a new platform as the base with e 1.0L in-line 3-cylinder turbo engine , it provides the minimum necessary torque for driving. It seems that it will do, but because it looks at the category and engine specifications, it will be one that will be a direct competition with Toyota New RAIZE / Daihatsu New Rocky( in japan)

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th October 2020 at 10:28.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 23:11   #30
BHPian

Here we go again with Honda. I seriously hope Honda launches HRV, ZRV or any other RV before world runs out of fuel. Despite owning Jazz and 2 city's, I feel my next car won't be a Honda as there is no worthy upgrade available in the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks